here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

stickles and soup??

Really?

I like it when the title has words with the same letter...I'm so easily entertained...

some days...

Keep reading...

BEWARE!!

...enabler alert!!

DISTRESS STICKLES HAVE ENTERED THE BUILDING!

So...I RIPPED that box right of of the hands of my Fed-Ex guy...and opened the first bottle I grabbed.

Here's a test dose of faded jeans on a kraft colored scrap...



I'm so loving the different sizes of pearly looking bits in them. They really are TOTALLY different than regular stickles...These guys are pure vintage. They add texture & dimension in addition to a little shimmer. An extra bonus...

I just had to play a bit more play last night... I LOVE the scattered straw & the antique linen... and the fired brick and the faded jeans...and walnut...and the peeled paint...Good thing I got them all.



Here I used them on grungeboard (the skinny flower) and on chipboard (the heart). They work great on both surfaces.

So... take it from me.........if you LOVE vintage, you'll NEED all these colors. I WILL be using lots of them in my projects and classes...you can count on it.

THANK YOU Tim & RANGER for giving us another cool product.

Now for a laugh...

Yesterday I TOLD you that I'm addicted to flowers...

It's NOT my fault...

They follow me.........everywhere.........

They're even in my soup.




So yesterday @ lunch Rick asked..."what's up with the soup pictures?" Then he saw the FLOWERS and he got it.........He just shook his head... He got it!

Life is flowery & oh so good...

Have GREAT day and........

Make ART!
wendy

8 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Good morning miss Wendy!

Oh I am loving the distress stickles!!!!!!

And I just bought my first grunge board set and get to experiment! Thanks for this post...the more ideas the better...

Flowers in the soup.. too darn hilarious...

Lisa Pace said...

Those Distress Stickles are the best! I love them and your soup... cracks me up... but so you! Flowers follow you everywhere. Have a great day. Hugs!!!

Mary said...

I am still waiting for the craft store to get them in. Cuz I can't stand waiting for an online order.
Flowers in the soup, that is way too funny. I would def do the same thing.

Linda M. Cain said...

Watch out Rick...the next thing you'll find in your soup are coordinating leaves and centers!
LOVE the stickles!
Linda

borcherding said...

I can't wait to find these somewhere!! They look AMAZING!!! And by the way...get some help for the flower addiction would ya?? Happy Tuesday!

Sherri said...

Your fed ex guy is probably used to you by now, right? I finally broke down and bought some distress stickles on line (only 3 colors though) and am waiting for the rest to hit our LSS:). I totally agree--they are awesome. I like that they are glittery without glitter--the flecks or pearls as you call them are great. LOL at the soup.

Erin Glee said...

I am so glad you didn't make Distress Sickle Noodle Soup... but sometimes a product looks so good, you just want to CONSUME it~KWIM?
I love your new tag line "make ART!"~so YOU!

D's Paper Studio said...

I'm lovin' it. I have several of the distress stickles...I wish I had them all...but I can't work fast enough to use what I have now. LOL