here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

15 minute ART...aka alcohol ink play

Play is good!!!

I've been working pretty hard...and I NEEDED a little play time...
no assignments...
just some ART FUN...

So, looking around the studio, I thought I'd grab something I'd not played with in a while...

This case of goodness caught my attention...

These are Ranger's new Alcohol Ink Fillable Pens...
hmmmmm...

What could I do with them that's a little different???
I only had a little play time...




But first...if you have one of tim's cases...
(these guys are discontinued...)
the pens are a perfect fit...


If you are lucky enough to find one...
GRAB IT!

Cool storage is another thing I LOVE!



In 15 minutes...here's what I made...


I'm a very slow creator...but this was fast & soooo FUN...
and it made me happy to have a completed project in such a short time...



If you want to play along...

you'll need these Ranger products...

The craft sheet.
I NEVER work without it...ever...

Alcohol inks...a few colors...
or if you're like me...GET THEM ALL!
They last FOREVER, since you only use a few drops...

The NEW fillable alcohol ink pen...
get several...you need one dedicated for each color...
and...
keep one for blending solution...

silver paint dabber

A memory frame & memory glass...
I used the 2 x 2...

Jet black archival ink...it's an essential

Coffee archival ink...I almost always use this for background
stamps...unless I use jet black or olive archival...the 3 basics for me...
oops...sepia too...make that 4 basics!

from studio 490... these stamps...

life is art
polka dot background stamp
scroll and screen background

from tim's idea-ology line...

a washer
the foliage...I used a larger flower & a small one and one of the leaf pieces

a game spinner...they make PERFECT stems for flowers...
and a long fastener...

other stuff...

a frame...I used a square 5 x 5
background paper cut to fit the frame
a scrap of kraft cardstock 2 x 2
black glaze pen by Sakura
a small piece of black presentation board...mine is 3 1/4 square
black rhinestones...
scrap of cardboard

OK let's start...
1. stamp the screen stamp on the kraft cardstock with the coffee ink.

2. stamp the saying with black ink

3. stamp the scroll toward the top left, with black

4. assemble the memory frame...I used the chipboard as a backing, since it can't be seen. I kept the ring to the left, so that I could attach the folliage pieces

5. cut the background paper to fit the frame and stamp with coffee ink & the polka dot stamp

6. Using the fillable pen...ink the leaves with any green alcohol ink & use another pen (filled with a blue alcohol ink) to color the flowers.

7. assemble the flower...insert the brad into the washer, small flower, large flower, leaves, game spinner & thru the ring on the memory frame.

Spread the prongs to hold in place.
Add rhinestones on top of the washer

8. Edge the presentation board with the silver paint dabber...
it's simple...and adds a lot...then
Glue the memory frame onto the black presentation board & glue that to the background & insert into the big frame.

9. For the final details, I added some glaze pen dots around the presentation board and a few on top of the memory glass...
and a row of rhinestones on top of the memory glass.


Here's another look...




and another...




I hope you'll take time to play...
try this simple idea and...


as always...


make art!
wendy

9 comments:

Sharon Margiotta said...

Encompasses all my favorite things ... quick, simple and awesome!! very nice, Wendy!

Art By Wanda said...

I love, love, love this!!!! Fabulous!!! Thanks for the detailed directions... I have to do something like this!!

Allie Gower said...

As always, the V in Vecchi is for Versatility. Your stamps are all about the possibilities, and I love that you're all about showing us the many ways to use them with our favorite products! My goodies never have time to get dusty when I keep in touch with your blog. Thanks for taking the time to write this tutorial.

Linda M. Cain said...

VERY cool!!!!! LOVE IT TO PIECES!

Linda

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

love the quickie artworl, the fast ones are the best!
Jennie

CK Chai said...

This is beautiful, simply love the colors used. And thanks for the tutorial!

Escape said...

Once again you have created a fantabulous piece--and easy! Love that!! Now I guess I HAVE to go out & get those pens....thanks!!

Elaine said...

Bravissimo!

Scrapthat said...

Great work...as always Wendy! TFS