here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

as promised...the shopping report

First stop on the treasure hunt...an antique mall...

These guys will be perfect for our planned REDO of the main bathroom.
It's vintage americana now...
but,
it's time for a change...


The plan is to make it more studio 490 style...
yep...
black, brown & tan...
I already have the curtains...black & tan checked...cute!

Once I find the perfect BLACK faucets and the right wall color...we'll get started...

I'll try to do before & after shots...

So these will hang on the wall ...
These are both larger than they look...
18 inches wide...
I thought they were unique...



And I LOVED this...a vintage shaving mirror...
for Rick's bathroom...



And who doesn't LOVE drawers??
For me...organizing is almost as much fun as creating!

This guy is large...I have no clue what the word is...



but studio 490 large background stamps are a perfect fit...
It now resides in the studio.

Since I use these stamps everyday...I keep them right on the block...

It's quick & easy...





I saved the best for last...
...have you every heard of the "old house society"?
This is the link for the Bloomington Illinois store...

A gal in one of my classes told me about it & thought I just might like it.
THANKS LINDA!

LIKE IT???

OMG....I about fainted when we walked in...
Rick had to hold me back...
but I saw that he was just as excited!

UNBELIEVABLE stuff & TONS of it...

There must have been 200 OLD doors...all sizes & styles...
My photo was too dark to show...but next visit, I'll try again...
It makes me want to build another house!!
Just kidding...dear!

Lots of awesome OLD mantles...
OLD unique screen doors...

OLD built in cabinets...they were huge...like 10 feet tall...

Need a doorplate?????????
WOW!





plinth blocks by the HUNDREDS...



Hinges & handles...every size possible...





Door knobs too...



They also had vintage bathtubs...
TONS of vintage lighting...
TONS of vintage wood flooring & SOOOOOOOO much more.
It was absolutely...AMAZING!
My understanding is that the society is nation wide...if you like cool old STUFF...check it out!
Here's my finds...

Some altered birds will have new resting places on these guys...
The flower plinth block will hang in the bath...
I think...


Ah...I LOVE cool old stuff...
That was fun...
Now it's time to...
make art!
wendy
ps...next post will be more studio 490 sightings & photos from friends...
Don't touch that channel...stay tuned!

9 comments:

Sue said...

OMG what yummy finds!! Lucky you, I'm jealous!!!

Becky T. said...

LOVE IT!!! I'll need to get out there and find treasures too! :-)

Linda M. Cain said...

Terrific stuff!!! Where is this place?

Linda

Linda said...

According to a Latin to English online dictionary, linteum means napkin or "linnen". Interesting find. Thanks for the pictures!

Chirpin Is Fun said...

You are so funny! I love all your finds and how you put things together. I have tried to do the vintage "look" and mine ends up looking like junk! Thanks for the inspiration once again!

Margie Higuchi said...

Next time, I want to go shopping with you! LOL!!! What a great store :0)

Congrats on Craft Stamper feature - what a great experience - so happy for ya!

Also look out for incoming mail...finally had the chance to drop the newspaper clip in the mail. Sorry for the delay ;0p

Have a great day! xoxoxo

Michele said...

Awesome finds! We have a store that's similar though not as nicely displayed and not always just vintage stuff... however I need to get over there to look for some stuff anyway! I am inspired!

Escape said...

OK, how is i I lived in Bloomington for 40-some years & didn't know about this????

Great stuff! Maybe they have one here near Phoenix....

Anonymous said...

You can go shopping with me ANY day, though looks like we might be fighting over the same finds, lol.
Great posting; got to see if there are any similar places in the northeast.
Eileen