here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

birds and butterflies...

Thanks to everyone for the comments about the birds...from yesterday's post.

Before the "build a better bird" workshop started, I showed the gals these BIRDS... from Anthropology...

This guy is cool...but the price tag is $648.00!
Yes...you read it right...

$648!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy is cute too...and his price is $248.00...


In my opinion...the birds from the workshop are worth much more!

Once again...

GREAT JOB GALS!!!

I'm doing this workshop two more times...

First @ The Stamping Place in Columbia SC...

and next @ Scrapbook Friend'z in Bloomington, Illinois...
the dates are on the right sidebar...

Now on to the butterflies...
It must be spring fever...

I've had 3 requests in the last few days to design a butterfly stamp...

GOOD IDEA!!

OH wait...!

I already did...

Here's several samples...
done by me...



This is a 100% grunge book...
NO paper was used...just distress inks & grunge...



and one more...





This was done by 12 year old Samantha...



And another from Samantha...




Now for the requests for a mini butterfly...sized for cards...
guess what's coming in JULY???
I'm just saying...
mini is fun!!
The set name???

Make mine mini art!!
today & every day...

Make art!
wendy




7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely work Wendy ... and Samantha! ... please come to the UK :0)) I want to make an ickle birdie :0))

Please can you tell me if you just colour the grungeboard directly with the ink pads ... or do you coat is first ... It is just that your colours are so vibrant ... I reckon I may be doing something wrong!

Earlene said...

Wish your class was here in AZ.
As I need help figuring out what to do with the body.

Do you sand first or after painting? or do you sand at all?

Love your Blog
Earlene
Congress, AZ

Tina said...

Wendy I love the butterfly stamp, its great, and as always your projects rock!

Alisa said...

Wendy-Thanks for making the mini butterfly stamp. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

2amscrapper said...

Love the butterflies. Saw the grunge paper flowers with your newer stamps at Friend'z yesterday. They're even more awesome in person!

Cupcake Baking and Decorating said...

Hi Wendy,
I wanted to thank you for the awesome class last Friday, with the Distressed Inks and grundge paper. I wondered how they were done, and admired the work before taking the class.
I hope everyone got as much out of it as I did. I haven't yet had time to put my own together, need a few more colors of ink.
I wish everyone could learn the technique.
thanks again
patricia
Buffalo, New York

Flogistix said...

wow...really nice art work... cool .. thanks a lot for showing it to me.... keep it up . love it..
natural gas compressor