here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, May 18, 2009

hannah's, vintage finds and emily

I hope your weekend was as much fun as mine was...

On Friday I drove to Hannah's in Antioch, Illinois...it's about 3 hours from here...

LUCKY for me...I had plenty of time to SHOP...
OMG...I had NO willpower...
Sorry Rick!
$$$ later (the first number is a 3!)...YIKES!
I found LOTS of cool fun stuff!




See those mini Jenni Bowlin papers?
I think MINI is soooooooo cool and perfect for the small Maya Road albums...
and cards too..


I HAD to have 2 packs of my favorites...
God forbid I ever run out!


After shopping, it worked out for me to set up for my 2 Saturday classes....
then get my art displayed...
PERFECT...less rushing early on Saturday.


The classes were great fun, if I do say so myself!
Lots of new friends...and I got to see some Scrap St. Louis friends again. COOL!

Everyone left looking inky...
and happy & LOADED down with purchases...

There was NO grungepaper left...no blending tools...no replacement pads...


you get the idea...they SHOPPED too!


They liked studio 490 stamps...lots found new homes.

Get ready Ted & Michelle...
Dana has a special order to call in today!


Thanks to everyone @ Hannah's, all the students
and...especially Dana & Jill...
GREAT store...GREAT students & GREAT shopping!

Here's a few of our vintage finds from yesterdays road trip...

Inspiring stuff...


See that old metal toilet paper holder??
Hmmm...it could be a purse handle...

or I might use it in the bath as a towel holder...
Ah...the possibilities!


There are a few more treasures too...but those will be gifts for friends...
so mum is the word until they get them!



And if you are a blog reader...
you've heard me talk about my little friend...
8 year old Emily, from Iowa.

We have become friends & today is her birthday!
Please join me in saying...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to 9 year old EMILY!!
Emily..I hope your day is PERFECT!


I even got invited to her birthday party, which was on Saturday.
I sent her a note to let her know that I couldn't make it, because I was teaching that day...
but that I would send her a box of goodies.

Her reply was that she would like something"homemade".

SO...that request went right to the TOP
of the To-Do list...
PRIORITIES!

Here's Emily's BD card...



The base is a page from the Maya Road 4 inch binder...
the mini alphabet is Maya Road too...
like I said...
I LOVE MINI...ahem...(that explains the new studio 490 stamps...
make mine mini art!!)

It's hung with tim's swivel clasps...yes they are the same color...
the photographer didn't do a good job...
that would be...ME!

That cute daisy? studio 490, stamped on grungepaper...and using my new favorite distress ink...
MUSTARD SEED...
it's much cuter than the label shows!
TRUST ME!

Emily's card should arrive today along with a HUGE box of art supplies...

Enjoy Emily...I'll be waiting to see what you create!

Now...

Time to unpack the stuff from Saturday and repack it for the next stop on this art adventure...

The Stamping Place in Columbia SC!
I can't wait...
Barbara just added on to her store & we'll be playing in a brand new classroom. It sounds AWESOME!

We have 4 fun classes scheduled...the "Build A Better Bird" is one!
Hope you can join us!!

That's the update from here...

Take care and...

make art!
wendy
ps...don't tell Rick that the first number is a 3...
we girls gotta have some secrets! thanks!

8 comments:

Janene said...

the sizzix die reminded me.... you have to co-merchandise with them. You make such beautiful flowers and obvously everyone loves. WOuldn't it be great if Sizzix wanted to come out with dies that would perfectly coordinate saving so much time for trimming. Just a thought. Best of luck

D's Paper Studio said...

I love your shopping adventures! I always see some more possiblities.

I can't wait until you come to SC!

Margie Higuchi said...

Sounds like you had a grand time last weekend! GREAT!

Happy birthday to Miss Emily! Can't wait to see her creation from that box of yours! Have fun!!

Have a great day!! Thanks for your email! xoxoxo

Jill said...

Thanks again Wendy. We had such a great time this past weekend. You are an amazing artist!
On a side note, we thought of you often at Elkhorn Flea Market yesterday. Comments such as "Wendy would love this"
You are welcome to join us at the fair anytime.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Emily!! I hope you have a wonderfully beautiful day! Can't wait to see what you create with your Wendy gifts.

Love your finds, Wendy!

Scrapthat said...

Happy Birthday Emily!! Have a lovely day!

Alisa said...

Wendy-I know Emily personally and I know she is absolutely going to LOVE what you sent her. I can't wait to see her at the store to hear all about it. Thank you for being such a wonderful person!

Linda M. Cain said...

Sound like a great time! It's always a treat!

Linda