here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, June 18, 2009

old as the hills...

no...not me, silly blog friends...

OK...I AM old...I KNOW that...

but that's not what this post is all about...

I was looking in a drawer the other day & came across this...

It's a 2005 issue of Altered Arts...




Hmmmmmm...
I wondered why I would save a magazine that's SOOOOOO old...

I don't like trash sitting around...
(unless it's cool vintage stuff!)...

so I usually toss magazines after I've looked at them...

This might be why I saved it...






I flipped thru to see what else was in that issue & found this...



HA! Totally forgotten...

This is when I first started this art adventure...
It's one of about 6 things I've ever submitted...

As you'll see...still lovin' the same color pallette...

The deal opens on the left & inside is a tiny file folder...

I remember thinking...pure genius...ha!




And on the left here...a little card pulls out...

Looks like I have a THING for putting stuff over eyes...
here...




...and here ...
like on my art chick...



I wonder what a shrink would have to say about that!


So the moral of the story??


FATE!

In GOOD company then...

In GOOD company NOW!




We chatted last night & all I can say is...


get ready for some REAL FUN!!!!!


Yep...all caps...

we're TOTALLY EXCITED!


I don't want summer to end...
but we're counting the days 'til the FUN begins!


What else before I go???

One last SHOPPING reminder, in case you missed yesterday's post...

10% off your total order @ eclecticPaperie...thru today!

Just enter the code...

GOLAKERS...

it's as simple as that!

And speaking of EXCITED...

hmmm..all caps & RED again...

TOMORROW I can share some news...

so...come back and...

until then, happy shopping...

after that...

make art!

wendy

7 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

I REMEMBER that! It was cool then, and it's still cool now. The power of vintage ART!

Linda

KAT said...

Wow - great trip down memory lane - see you and Tim were destined to work together!!!

You are one big TEASE! It's forever until the big CRUISE - how about giving a girl a couple of hints about what we will be playing with??? Just a few...

Anonymous said...

Love the "oldie but goodie"!

So ... come on ... you can share some little part of what you discussed re the cruise ... yeah, you know you want to ... lol

Anonymous said...

Wendy! I'm never one to wish the days away, but I installed a countdown til the cruise thingy on my blog and I AM counting the days until I leave for L.A.
Throw a girl a bone, would you? Just a teeny tiny hint of the greatness to come?
Eileen in NYC

geezee said...

I came over from T!m's blog. Here is wishing you great success on your book.

Donna said...

your vintage book is great.

Elaine said...

Such an incredible detailed project! I love the file folder at the start of the book...and about the covering eye thing...yeah, I think you were brainwashed as a child...something about sharp sticks, eyes getting poked out, and yeah....that's what happens when your parents tell you not to play with stuff that can hurt your eyes! ;-) Silly and nonsense comment - sorry!