here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

SC weekend report...

Morning!!

Talk about southern hospitality!!

WOW!!
I had a wonderful weekend in Columbia, SC @ The Stamping Place...
thanks Barb/Judy for inviting me.


It was a total BLAST!

Lots of laughs...lots of art...lots of new arty friends...
LOTS of VERY inky fingers...
it'll wash off...eventually...
REALLY...
TRUST ME!

We officially opened Barb's new AWESOME classroom with 4 fun classes.

It's HUGE...you lucky gals...
what an ideal place for classes & crops...
go & check it out!!

One of the classes we did was the famous...
Build a better bird class...they LOVED IT and I was blown away by their ART!

I pulled out my camera @ the end of the class...got a few photos, then my camera battery croaked...
the charger was back @ the hotel...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

But I do have these beauties to show you ....
unfortunately I only have 3...

Maybe some kind soul has some photos to share??

I'd love to post them all...you've got to see these cool creations...

This gal had a TIME theme...
her dad was a jeweler...
hence the theme...
perfect!


Maya Road's leaf trinket pins made an adorable embellishment for the hat...


And the last...

These wings were made from the studio 490 butterfly stamp...
tailfeathers are made from the funky flowers stamp
and the hat is this flower stamp.

They are all stamped on grungePAPER...
we warned...it's addicting...
flexible & FUN stuff!!




You all created FABULOUS birds...or as they say in SC...
Y'ALLLLLLLLL did a GREAT JOB!!

I noticed one thing...

They sure talk funny there...ha!

And speaking of STAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
studio 490's release #3 is here & I got each of them inky yesterday!!!!!!

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to brag.........but...

they're COOL...really COOL..
if I do say so myself!

I have mentioned the new "make mine mini art" set here before...

Here's a tip...
SAVE your grungePAPER scraps...even one inch squares will work...

mini stamps...
yep...really small...
perfect for cards and???

I'm just saying...don't waste a thing!!
Be prepared!!

Later this week I'll be announcing a giveaway...from eclecticPaperie & studio 490!

Daisy, Joy & I want to celebrate our association with you...

So.........just as soon as the details are worked out...
I'll post the info here...

it's a contest ...with a very nice prize for the winner!

Stay tuned!

Now I'm off to the studio to...
make art...(with those NEW studio 490 stamps!)
wendy
ps... the next bird class is THIS Saturday @ Scrapbook Friend'z in Bloomington, Illinois.
Come join the fun and make art!

PS...stop the press...

the emails are flowing in about the NEW STAMPS release date...

Hmmm...they will debut in Carson...on July 11th...

so...some good peeks early July!!!

It's a promise!








11 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

I'm glad you are home safe and sound. I still get bowled over by the red bird. She did awesome as well as everyone. It was good to see you in person Wendy. You are a great teacher and certainly know how to insprie to "Make Art."

scrappin-scrappin said...

I can't wait for your new stamps to come out! When are we going to get a seek peek? Luckily I have been saving all my grunge paper scraps. The birds are awesome ladies! Thanks for all the inspiration Wendy!

Chirpin Is Fun said...

Nice birds from South Carolina! I can't wait to make mine on Saturday. My favorite is the purple and green....that's what color my little birdy will be!

And new stamps.... where are you .... how long before we see them and then be able to buy them???

Anonymous said...

The birds are beautiful! Such wonderful creativity...
New stamps, huh? *sigh* Will I ever catch up?? (lol) Can't wait to see what you share.

Erin Glee said...

The fun never stops! Carson on July 11th... hmmmm!

Suze said...

Wendy...wow...where did you find the way cool bird thingie....I might just have to try and make a birdie...you'll have to show me where to start!
R U coming to FL?

Elaine A said...

Hi Wendy -
Glad you are back and teasing us about those mini stamps. Can't wait for them. I love the birds, they are just fantastic. THanks for sharing.

Elaine

carpediem said...

Looking forward to the release of your new stamps Wendy!

Lisa Pace said...

Looks like you had another great Build a Better Bird class... great birds! Can't wait to see your new stamps. Hugs!!!

Margie Higuchi said...

FAB class indeed...which I need to take...one of these days! LOL!! Those SC gals really did a great job on these!

REALLY looking forward to seeing your next series of stamps! How exciting!!

Debby said...

Just wanted to let you know again how much I really enjoyed your techinques class. . . by the way, do you need a special shipment of SC water??? fellow "30 year nurse"