here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, June 22, 2009

thank you, pre-art & REAL art

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
from the bottom of my heart...

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH for all the sweet blog comments & special emails.
You made me soooooo HAPPY!

A special THANK YOU to my friend, tim...
how did I ever get SO lucky?


Believe me...I'm dieing to see what the final result looks like too!

You KNOW I am NOT a patient person...
so the wait is KILLING me too!

I HOPE Ted & Zach (he's the computer genius @ Stampers Anon)read this & HURRY!


To answer some BOOK questions...

* I don't know the price just yet...
That's up to Mr Stampers Anonymous to decide...


I just "make art"...he's the brains of the outfit!

BUT...just as soon as I know, I'll post it here.
We're keeping it very reasonable...that I DO know for sure.


*No...I won't be selling the books...
you'll be able to get them thru eclecticPaperie, Stampers Anonymous & any LSS that place orders thru Stampers Anonymous.

*Autographed copies?? I'll have to ask Ted about that too...
I'm not sure how things like that work...

*AND...I'll be back with an update on the GIVEAWAY celebration...

Here's a little hint to keep you interested...

RANGER has donated EVERY ink that I used in the book...

Let's see... that's 9 different colors of distress ink, 3 Archival's, a snow cap white PIGMENT...and...


then you need a blending tool & replacement foam pads...and that's JUST the BEGINNING!

Actually...they donated ...

EVERY Ranger product...

that I used for the ALL the projects...

How cool and GENEROUS is that?

THANKS Justin & Alain!!! I LOVE RANGER!
Again I ask...how did I get so lucky??


PHEW...

OK...enough book stuff...

I'm working away on Maya Road CHA stuff...so I can't show completed projects yet...

but here's some PRE-ART...


I'm in LOVE with minis...these cute little (4x4) papers are from Jenni Bowlin...

brushed corduroy distress ink blended all these to make the perfect background...



That part of the album turned out cool...and was so much fun...

so I continued with the same format...this time using the YUMMY

graphic 45 papers...serious drool material!




I like the finished project...
I'll show you just as soon as Caroline says it's OK...

Now for some completed REAL ART!


A few weeks ago, eclecticPaperie & I teamed up for a giveaway/contest.

The winner was Michele King... she guessed the correct TOTAL number of studio 490 stamps...

The goofy girl saved her address label from my goodie box to her...and sent me a photo of MY art...HA!
Looks good on her counter...



I like to send adorned envelopes...except for bills...
they don't deserve ink...


I got a thank you email from Michele last week...with photos of her art...


She used some of her "win" to make this adorable framed gift...





Here's Michele with the project and modeling her cute eclecticPaperie apron...


She used her grungepaper for the flower & leaves...

Maya Road's black scallop ric rac made the perfect stem...


CUTE mini alphas from Maya Road...part of her prize...

and I see a scallop studio 490 stamp...and a stamp over the letters...



The saying is perfect for the photo...
I LOVE this Michele...thanks for allowing me to share it.
You did a GREAT JOB!!
I'm so glad you enjoyed your goodies!
That's it for today...
The giveaway "scoop" will be announced just as soon as I get the details all worked out...
I hope Michele has inspired you to...
make art!
wendy
ps...thanks again!

14 comments:

borcherding said...

I'm the first poster? Cool....
Hope you are staying cool. I HATE the heat!!
An artist, author, retired nurse....is there ANYTHING you can't do?? ;-)

Debby said...

Wow what a cool project. Today may be one of those days to make art as it is getting hot and humid out and when the sun shines it puts me in a better mood. Can't wait to see the new book and the new goodies that you have come up with.

Jill W. said...

I am SOOOO looking forward to your book.
Thx for all you do.
~Jill

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...some of my fav papers - Jenni Bowlin & Graphic 45! Will try to patiently wait to see what you've created with them. ;o)

Michele's piece is beautiful!!

Ms. Cheryl said...

I can't wait for your book. I'm one of those interested in the autographed copy so if you have a list put me on it! I love the art Michelle created, looks great framed. Thanks for sharing, ms.cheryl

Elaine A said...

Wendy -

Despite the teasing we do about you being so chintzy with the peeks, we love you. We love your wonderul spirit and your fantastic art! Now hurry up and show us those minis - LOL!

Elaine Allen

Linda M. Cain said...

LOVE the Jenni Bowlin papers! And you know how I feel about the G45!

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant about the book...and here's the best part...you don't have to wait a YEAR to see it in print, and then have "moved on" from what's in it!!!

How cool is that!!! Brilliant!!!!

Take care, and a BIG Congrats! I don't know a harder working gal in the field!

Your Friend in ART,
Linda

slbt17 said...

oh Wendy - you remind me so much of my daughter - she is 13 at the moment - her first words that I remember to me - at around 18 months was 'Momma, I am in control' scared me then .... still scares me today .... so much like you!
can not wait for the book!
Sandra

Allie Gower said...

Michelle did a great job.

Congrats.

Jenni and G45, two of my favorites ... always have to keep them in stock so I can make ART!

Allie
croppinsville

D's Paper Studio said...

Good job Michelle. Wonderful art.

michelle said...

Michele did a wonderful job and I so want to have your book in hand and to see your Maya Road projects. . . hmmmm to much waiting for me I am not good at waiting.

Scrapthat said...

Very nice work Michele did there! Congrats again girl!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Awesome work Michele!!!
Wendy........congrats on the idea book!!! Can't wait to get my hands on it!!

Erin Glee said...

Thank you for sharing Micheles' project~ she is quick and did a beautiful job!
Ranger is such a great company to donate ALL the colors of ink!