here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, August 6, 2009

rules for life...

and another CHA sample...

This list of "rules" is one of the first stamps I designed for my 3rd release. The idea was brewing for a long time...

My thought is to do a mini book, with RULES as the theme...someday...

I also thought this would be a fun stamp for scrappers...
just cut out the rule that fits a photo...

This tag is a combination of LOTS of studio 490 stamps...some are new & some are from previous releases...
they all work together...just as I planned...


There's tim's film strip ribbon again...and on top of it is one of his new word sticks.

Here's a better look @ the background. It's a fun technique I discovered while playing with pigment inks & Perfect pearls, while getting my demo samples ready for CHA.



The background is pigment inks...red pepper & lettuce & also my fav sunflower sparkle Perfect Pearls.

I was suprised to get this look with the pigments, because they are an opaque ink, which gives great coverage over chipboard.

When combined with Perfect Pearls...the look is totally different...kind of chalky looking...I LIKE it!

***I see the inks are on sale @ EclecticPaperie, if you NEED some to play***I'm just saying...SALE!

I'll do a "how to", just as soon as I get some things checked off the TO DO NOW list!

Until then...
make art!
wendy

19 comments:

Chirpin Is Fun said...

Wendy, I just love, love, love all the new stuff you have been creating! Thanks for sharing all of your samples with us and the new techniques and combinations of new and old. Can't wait for another class! Keep up the great work and know that I am on the other side of your screen....just drooling.

Sharon Margiotta said...

Anxious to hear about this new background ... looks very coooool!

Debby said...

I can't wait to hear how to do that background. I have a lot of different inks and it is always fun to be able to use them. Love the sample!

ScrappyPam said...

Can't wait for the how-to - this looks fabulous!

Gine said...

LOVE it !!!!
I'm in serious need of time to play

Tona said...

Love it! Lookin' forward to the "how to".

Hels Sheridan said...

I just love the "Rules to Follow" stamp and neeeed it now LOL...lovin' the tag too....more please? LOL xx

borcherding said...

Simply GORGEOUS!! And call me crazy...but is that something that is NOT blue or green??!!! LOL!!!

scrappin-scrappin said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I watched you demo the new background technique at CHA, can't wait to try it! Very cool! Love all of the new projects you have been doing and love your new stamps and can't wait for you book! Thanks for sharing with us!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Fabulous - what more can I say? :)
Anne xx

Unknown said...

Wendy- your tag is AMAZING!! I love the combination of materials, and I am going to pull out my pearls to play with. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

You're "to do" list must be complete by now ... Come on, we want to know how to do what you did! :o) I've used the pigments on GrungePaper, on the pinwheels I made for the ATT swap - but I really like your chalky look.
Your new stamps are wonderful, Wendy!

2amscrapper said...

I don't comment every day but I do look at your blog every day. All I can say is: I can't wait for your workshop in Springfield when I get to see everything up close and personal. Saving my dollars......to make art!!!!!!

carpediem said...

Wendy....you continue to inspire me to "make art"! Must give the adirondack pigment inks a try!

Dianal said...

Love the samples you are sharing with us Wendy. I can't wait until the new stamps come into my LSS ... I want to make a couple of mini albums using your "rules to live by" ... I have several people in mind who I would like to give one to ... I'm off to make art, grungepaper roses in fact!!!

Denise G said...

You are so talented. Just so much good stuff! Thanks.

D's Paper Studio said...

Wendy your rules of life are right on target. I love what you did.

Art By Wanda said...

Love it!! and can't wait to hear the how to's on the technique.

Linda M. Cain said...

Good set of rules to live by especially 1 and 5. Love the flower and the backgroud!