here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, August 13, 2009

t on t and a peek

t on t is...

tidbits on Thursday...
Random stuff that's on my mind...

When I get the same or similiar question/comment several times in a week, I think maybe others want to know too...
so...
here we go...

1. Tell tim we want him to make scissors without the serrated blade...
HEY! He does.
Take a look @ his tonic scissors...one blade is serrated...
the other is smooth.
Don't want a serrated cut?
Turn the scissors over & cut the other way...
That was easy...

2. I got this same question 3 times this week...
This email is hilarious...and it lead me to an awesome blog...
Linda uses LOTS of studio 490 stamps...
pop over...you'll enjoy it.

This is from Andrea in the UK...here's a portion...
well I actually have another friend who has gone slightly mad on your stamps also and has a little dispute going on her Blog about the way your pronounce your name, strange I know, but could you if you get 5 spare minutes pop and put the answer there for her,

So...the answer is ...
our last name is BECKY...but with a V.

There is also another debate on Linda's blog, about how to pronounce MAYA ROAD...too funny!

3. My email is screwed up AGAIN...after 3 calls from friends yesterday asking why I didn't reply...

I KNOW for sure the issue is here.
HughesNet, our satellite provider has no answer...
Makes me totally NUTS!
So, if I haven't responded...that's why!

I'd like to know why the junk stuff comes thru with no problem...
This makes NO SENSE to me!

4. This one is embarrassing!
One of the emails yesterday was that I have 86 invites to facebook...

and I've not replied...
YIKES!!! how RUDE!

I don't do Facebook or Twitter.
SHOCKING...I know.
I'm probably the only person in the universe who doesn't.
The reason?
In order to make more time in the day & to keep up with things...
I've cut back on my computer play time.

This machine is very addicting & before I know it ...HOURS have passed and nothing is checked off the TO-DO list...
So, embarrassing as it is to be in the dark ages...that's me.

And worse yet...I don't even text!
Inky fingers are the reason for that...

I hope you haven't fainted by now...

5. The special yahoo group for our Mexico cruisers is going strong & it's getting to be so much fun.
We're really excited...planning...ordering stuff... teasing...

Think tim & I tease them?
YOU BET!!



Do they ask what the workshops will be?
YOU BET...

Do we tell them...

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! ANTICIPATION.........

6. This is a frequent question...

What am I doing wrong? My stamped images aren't crisp & clear...one gal even brought HER pad to CHA for me to show her how to stamp...she thought her pad was defective...

The simple solution is to see if the pad needs to be reinked.

The pads last forever...but the ink gets used up. So try reinking...that's usually the answer. The CHA gal was excited to find the simple fix.

which leads to this one...

7. How much reinker goes on a pad?
That's a hard one...how dry is it?


For the distress pads, I usually use a whole dropper full.

For the archival & others...I'll use the reinker & scribble across the pad, then turn the pad 90 degrees & scribble again.

You can always add more...don't get carried away.

And yes...if you stamp lots of images on grunge, you'll notice that you need to reink the pads more often.

I think I'm forgetting one...

hmmm...can't remember...old age sucks...

if you have any...ask away!

Remember that if you leave a blog comment, but your user ID isn't available...I have no way to reply.

Now what?

Can't have a post without a photo...

Here's a little peek of a brand new class...



Lots of fun stuff going on here...
I had FUN designing it...can't wait to teach it for the first time...

Now it's time to finish the boxes for the Waco, Texas workshops for next weekend.
Then...I need to stamp some kits...

HOPEFULLY, I'll have a little time left to...

make art!
wendy
ps...Ah...the Somerset article...that's what I forgot!
Later...




15 comments:

Elaine A said...

Morning Wendy -

I always find your blogs interesting. I love your sense of humor and it goes without saying that I think your work is awesome. So Wendy Becky with a "V" (LOL), thank you for sharing your humor, and your art work with us. And I can't wait to try the Perfect Pearls and pigments techniques real soon - thanks for that too!

Elaine Allen

Sarah said...

You're not alone...I don't text, twitter or do facebook, either! I much prefer paper and ink!!

Unknown said...

Excuse the shaky post - I fainted :0)
Not because you don't do twitter or face book or texting either ... but because you included a link to my blog ... How cool! You sure do know how to make a girl's day X Thank you and the sneaky peek looks luscious!

scrappin-scrappin said...

Wendy you are a riot! Love you blog! Sneak peek looks awesome!

Lori said...

Ha! You're right about the computer thing..way too time consuming. People find it shocking that I don't text, either. I much rather prefer the blog over facebook. Lots more info available. Keep up the good work!

Debby said...

You are not in the dark ages. I do not Facebook or Twitter either. Enough with the computer!! I text because that is the only way my kids will answer me when they are not at home. Can't wait to see what is new. Are you going to be in the upcoming issue of Somerset?? Tried the pigment technique on some tags and not I have to finish them. It is a different look.

Andrea said...

oooooooo I see a bit of my E-Mail on your Blog, that was a suprise and glad that what I wrote was good and not naughty :-) your blog is just fab and pleased to see you did a link to Lindas, she is nutty but her and Hels just can not get enough of your stamps, sadly here in the UK we are in the dark ages and have to wait, its just so unfair but they are well worth waiting for x

2amscrapper said...

Love the sneak peek. I'm the OTHER person in the universe who doesn't Twitter or use Facebook.

Jill W. said...

I have a question for you...Have you ever considered getting closer to Dallas? There are alot of Stampers/Scrappers/Altered Art Lovers, we would so appreciate it! Have you ever been to Stamp Asylum?? Great place wonderful teachers/artist!!
~Jill

Broni said...

Oh, you are so NOT old! Just wait! And you're also not the only one not on Facebook! I actually thought I was!

I have a question. At CHA, for your tag demos at the Ranger booth you were using your beautiful flower silhouette from the Artfully Said set and a background stamp that looked like it was a grid of tiny squares. I can't seem to locate that background stamp. Could you please tell me which one it is?

Thanks so much!!

Tona said...

Like you, I don't twitter or do facebook. by the time i go through all the blogs I like I feel like if I want time to play, (& do chores), then I have to walk away from the computer.

Penci said...

Kudos to you, Wendy. I don't text...too frustrating to me. I don't Twitter....I just don't get it. I was recently talked in to Facebook and now regret it. Am thinking about deleting my page cuz you are absolutely right about time wasted. I would rather be creating!

Art By Wanda said...

Loved reading this!!! And can't wait to see a pic of the whole project, looks awesome so far.

Scrapthat said...

Oh don't feel bad Wendy! Not only do I not text, FB, Twitter ...I don't even use a Cell phone! OR an answering machine or service...if someone wants to talk to me they will just have to try again later. LOL
:)
Simple is often better.
D

Miss Iowa said...

Thanks for clearing up the name pronunciation. LOL!

I don't Twitter or Facebook, either. And I think I'm the last person on the earth without a cell phone or Ipod. Somehow I manage. :)