Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a quick hello...


Hey friends......

Maya Road did a product trade a bit ago with Tombow...
We received a box loaded with goodies & we were asked to make a tag about ourselves.

Here's mine...

The paper is from Pink Paislee...I LOVE it!

The base is actually 2 pages from a Maya Road Mix it Up album. CUTE as an album...but it's also fun to use for hangings or cards.

The felt flowers, scallop ribbon, and trinket pins are also Maya Road.

The leaves are stamped (studio 490) with Ranger's olive archival on grungepaper, then inked with peeled paint distress ink.

Instead of using a photo of me...yuck...
I added my name inside a memory frame, from Ranger.

I attached the memory frame to the tag with 2 links from tim's link chain.

Here's my statement about me...




Ok...back to the studio...

I'm still working on book projects & having fun with the new stamps.
I put off writing the instructions...yuck job...

LOTSSSSSSSSSSS to get done here.

Have a good one & take some time to...
make art!
wendy





31 comments:

michelle said...

Adorable project . . . Happy playing to you!

mamakat said...

Love the dichotomy of the femme soft flowers with the grungy leaves

Helen said...

Gorgeous - we haven't seen art from you for so long!!

Etta said...

...beautiful "art" at that!

Evonne said...

Love it!

Kathy said...

We are inspired by your projects. And new stamps, its like Christmas in July.

Kathy Eddy said...

So cute! Glad you checked in, started having Wendy Withdrawels! LOL

Elaine A said...

Hi Wendy -

I love how this came out. Awesome design and choice of color.

Elaine Allen

SusanK said...

Lovely! Making art in between storms and working outside. Gotta make some food somewhere along the line. Sigh.

Lori said...

What an awesome little project! I'm sure you whipped that up in your sleep, didn't you? lol. Gorgeous. I LOVE those MR felt flowers, too cute!

benedick4 said...

Your tag is so cute! where do you come up with these ideas?
Sue

Hels Sheridan said...

Cor Wendy, this is divine... I just love how you get all those colours to co-ordinate so well... as for the photo, you should have put one in there you know hun...AND thank you SOOOOO much for the birthday greeting, you made my day .. have a good day hun xx

borcherding said...

LOVELY tag!!!

paperqueen said...

Yes she does make art...gorgeous, original art!
Eileen in NYC

IndyCinD said...

It's so "you" Love it!

Anonymous said...

Wende,
Amazingly awesome! I love it.
Gail in Oklahoma

Anita said...

I love how you did your tag and the colors are awesome.

Julie said...

I like it! I like it! "She makes art!" Amen!

Linda Elbourne said...

I like that a lot Mrs Vecchi ... see you in two sleeps .... wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :0) Yup ... I am ver ver ver excited :0)

buglady said...

Great name tag!! It would make a great hanging as well. TFS!
Aloha, Kate

Liz in MO said...

cool, cool, cool

Jenna said...

Gorgeous, might have to 'lift' ! ;)

Tona said...

This is so perfectly you!

Dorothy said...

Awesome!!!

nonnie said...

aaahhhh...art! love the little frame hanging from the sign...

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Love your tag.

Anonymous said...

so very you! luv it..

Karla Anderson said...

a perfectly fitting description...

Chris said...

BRILLIANT!! I love everything about it... especially the cute memory frame with your name in it.
hugs
Chris xx

Susan said...

Darling project! Can't wait to see your new stuff.
Susan

Nina W. said...

I love your style Wendy!