here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

new shoes make me oh so happy...

they're black...
comfy & have cute bottoms to boot!
See the face?


then add a purse to really make me smile...
I LOVED the design & the colors too...
and since they coordinate with the shoes...
a must have...for sure...



And the next stop was @ GOODWILL...
since neither Rick or I have a job...
I made him go in with me...
I didn't want people to think we had no $$$ for clothes...ha!
Why making him go with me made me feel better...
I have no clue, but it did.
He didn't quite understand...
but that's what hubbies are for...

SUCCESS...for $3.79 I got a 100% wool mens XL sweater...

cheap...just what I wanted for a first time try...
It's in the washer now...getting shrunk & felted...

I'm thinking it will be fun to...
make (sweater ) art.
wendy

10 comments:

Debby said...

You'll have to show us what you do with the sweater. Love the shoes and purse. Those are my kind of fun things to buy when I am not buying stamps and papers!!

Unknown said...

Great shoes! Great bag! and a Great find! ... looking forward to the Great art :0)

Tona said...

Very cute shoes & purse & what a great idea to get some wool at Goodwill. I think I'll check mine out & see what they have.

Elaine A said...

Hi Wendy -

Love the face on the bottom of your shoes. How about making a print of it or a mold and then you can have it all the time! Ok, I know I'm nuts.

Elaine Allen

Gloria Stengel said...

Thought you'd like to see what you inspired me to make with grunge paper and grunge board. It's a the end of this blog post.

http://gloriascraps.blogspot.com/2009/10/day-3-365-cards-blog-hop.html

Thanks for sharing your talent and whimsy with us!

Kath Stewart said...

great shoes and yes if you ink the sole...who knows you could stamp it onto your felted sweater...hugs kath xxxxx

Suze said...

Wend...do U remember "Penscore"? The foam blocks that you heat with a heat gun and press a texture into and then stamp with ?
Well...you need to get a block of penscore, warm it with a heat gun and step on it with that fabulous shoe and make a stamp out of it.I kid you not !!!!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

It will be fun to make sweater art Wendy. I'm making a bird out of some wool I felted - just the legs to do now :)
Anne xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Oh I forgot, I meant to say the sole would make a freat stamp but was thinking by the time you finish with them the soles will be too worn to use. Didn't think about that stuff you could heat - don't think we call it 'Penscore' over here in the UK.

Anne xx

Art By Wanda said...

Love that purse!!!! Too funny about having Rick go in with you, lol... he's such a good husband. Can't wait to see your sweater art!!!