here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

introducing...


studio 490 embellish your art...
by Blossom Bucket...

I'm excited to tell you about my new art adventure, into the embellishment world...

my goal was to design unique embellishments, that would be a perfect fit for my stamps & art parts...

this goal was met!

next, I wanted embellishments that could be used right from the package or that could be easily altered to coordinate with any project you are working on...

another goal met!
the alterables are coming up in the next few days...

I also wanted to make sure they were stylish...
and easy to use...

all these resin pieces were designed with perfectly flat backs, to make it simple to glue them to any surface...

goal met!

and I wanted everything sized so they could be used on cards, ATC's, layouts and on altered art projects too...

YIPPEE! SUCCESS!

and finally...
I wanted to make them reasonably priced...
and I'm happy!...THEY ARE!

there are 40-ish new packages being released @ CHA...
and they will be available in early April...

let me show you 2 today &
I'll be sharing some each day until CHA...

I was IN LOVE with this sewing machine the minute I saw it...
it happened to be the first piece I pulled out of the box when it arrived...

it's very detailed & dimensional on the front, with a nice flat back...

it's 2 inches tall...


and I can show you a little peek here...
it's glued to fabric...

don't pay any attention to those 3 *things* on the bottom...
that's a story for another day...


the very first embellishment I designed was this top hat...
I have wanted one for a VERY long time...

again, it's very dimensional on the front, with a flat back...

I wanted it to look like it was retrieved from a dusty attic...
mission accomplished!


so, that's the first 2 "embellish your art" reveals...

moving on to another new stamp set...

this is set LCS075

and the title is...

CALL IT ART...



here's my thoughts on this set...

the man...
I LOVE him so much & he has a coordinating art part!
you'll see him below...
he's 3 inches tall...

oddity saying...
this opens the door to lots of altered art possibilities...
I have a fun project using it, in the new book...

breaking news...
perfect for the telephone below...
I plan on making fun birthday cards with it...

be different...
again...
I LOVE this for humorous altered art...
I also have a fun stamp in another set that works great with the saying...


here fishy...
this works with the fish stamps & art parts from the previous release...

THE TELEPHONE...
OMG...this is so cool...
it's a 3 - piece art part...
it's 2 inches tall...
I'll show you later...

absolutely ridiculous...
another TRUE saying...
another goodie for altered art...

ticket background...
this is a giant background stamp...
I like it because the tickets can be used individually...
or you can use them to make a vertical border...
or you can make it horizontal border, if that is what you need...

the numbers can be punched out & used with...???
can't say yet...
it's versatile ...I like that..

so there is set #2...
CALL IT ART...

I hope you like it as much as I do...

now, here's the match made in heaven...

the new guy is sporting a vintage top hat...

*do not pay any attention to that item peeking out...
please
ignore it*...

and here's what the telephone looks like stamped on the 3 coordinating art parts...

I added a simple coiled wire to the phone...
I LOVE it!

I used it in book #6 for a cool stand alone piece...
can't wait to share that...



THANKS so much for the sweet comments & emails about yesterday's stamps...

you made me happy!

ok...let me know what you think...

I'll be waiting for comments while I...

make art!
wendy

47 comments:

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

LOVE them all!

Gabrielle said...

Such a fabulous revelation today! Finding it hard to not look at the bits we weren't supposed to! Can't wait to get my mitts on the top hat!!!

Nancy D. said...

Loving all your new stuff can't wait to see more!

Jacki said...

I love your creative brain!! Can't wait to see these pieces in person. Yay!

Elaine A said...

Wendy -

Everything looks fabulous. I really like the new stamp set, in particular "here fishy fishy". That made me giggle! Love the man and so glad you made him into art parts. And that top hat - really top notch! Can't wait to see more.

Elaine Allen

Mo said...

The top hat was enough to make me do the happy dance. Love it all.

Wilma said...

WOW....just love it!!!!! My wishlist is growing;-)

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Simply fab.....although I think the man is a little to distinguished for the lady yesterday !! Love the telephone ...the wire looks great can't wait to see what you have tomorrow x

Lori said...

Love the telephone and the guy..that hat and sewing machine are spectacular! Love everything!

Marijane said...

Darling stamps and I love the 3D embellishments. They'll be so much fun to use!

Helen said...

I just know I am going to want all of them! Love the sewing machine, so cute! The new stamps are fab, too.

Mary said...

Looove that cool top hat! It looks so great on your dapper gentleman. =)

Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

oh my gosh!!!!!!!!! So flippin adorable, wendy!!!! Love love love all the new goodies so far.. I so wish I'd be at CHA to see these up close and personal.. great super duper awesome job! Hugs from Michigan:)

Belinda Basson said...

The phone is brilliant. Love that mans hat too.

Gillian .... said...

OMG Wendy the new releases are just blowing me away. Your new line of embellishments are freakin amazing ... love love love them. "Call It Art" ... It's a MUST! Look forward to much much more in the run up to CHA.

Marilyn said...

Love all the crafty goodness, today! Can't wait for all of this art to hit the stores! Your a genius, Wendy!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I'm dying...I must have them now! You don't know how many top hats i've tried to make and cut out, and the stewing machine is to die for...nothing like that anywhere. Be prepared for a fire storm...woohoo!!!

Caz said...

Oh dear.....I see a melted credit card coming!!!!
I NEED everything!!!! NOW!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it all, want it all....we have to wait til April!!!!!!
Repeat: patience is a virtue.....
xoxo

Lesley said...

I take my (top!) hat off to you. You never cease to amaze me with you designs. Roll on for more peeks....can't wait!!

Cim Allen said...

OMG Wendy the embellishments are way cool, I can hardly wait to see all of them. When I scrolled to the sewing machine I gasped out loud and said "oh my goodness, she is a genius" I am blown away by the detail and I love the fact you can use with your sets. you ROCK Wendy !!! Can't wait to see more so I can .. GO SHOP !!! :)

Hels Sheridan said...

ok, there's no other way to describe how I am feeling... I am... peeing my pants with excitement... now, Studio 490 was awesome to start with... it just got even more awesome... those little embellies... TOOOOO CUTE!!! AS I keep sayin, I cannot wait to get my mits on everything... is it nearly April yet? Congrats again WEndy.... you ROCK!!!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! =)
I AM SO EXCITED~~I was wondering if there would FINALLY be some embellishments to go along with your collection!! I am in LOVE and I can ONLY imagine your excitement and how hard it was for you to wait and share this all with us!! I LOVE the embellishments and the stamp set for today!! I'll have to HAVE this one because I LOVE it (the tickets and some of the saying are SO me-plus I have the fish set from summer CHA and will have to have that saying)
Looking forward to the rest of the reveal!! YIPPEE!! =)
Have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

sue said...

Loving the emblishments!!! They are so realistic. Can't wait to use the sewing machine.

Art By Wanda said...

I love this set and the bellies!!! Both the sewing machine and top hat have so much detail and the coloring is just perfect!!! Favorite saying from the set is 'absolutely ridiculous'... made me think immediately of our 15yo who is a character and never boring!!

slbt17 said...

wow! I need to start saving my pennies!
Sandra ltb

Marilyn C. said...

The items bring me back to my childhood. My mom was a great sewer on a trundle machine and the phone is the exact same one we had at home (a 3 party line!). Cool beans!

SusanK said...

I'm already broke just thinking about all your new goodies! Ack! Love this set and the BB embellies!

salamanda said...

The embellishments are what I always needed - just didn't know it until now! Love the call it art stamp - cool dude.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I love love love those embellishments, I love using embellishments in my art so these are right up my street. Fabulos. Cannot wait for your new releases. Congratulations. Tracy x

Debby said...

Love this set!!! The new embellishments are wonderful too! The top hat is really cool!! I like your humor-might have to create a pin to wear at work!

Tona said...

Omgosh! You are so amazing!!!! Love it all!

Candy C said...

Oh my gosh! This is all so cute! I love all of the new dimensional embellishments you've shown so far and the stamps...they're wonderful! I can't wait to see more!!! <3 Candy

Anonymous said...

I want it ALL!! How will I ever choose what to get first?!

redmom said...

My hear is going pitter patter...I am in love with the new embellies & that stamp set!!! I can't wait to see more!

Lynne said...

Love the new embellishments - so absolutely cute! Thanks for the peek.

Dawn B. said...

Love, love, love all the new stuff!! The embellishments are to die for! And the stamp set.... Well, let's just say I must have it as well! Can't wait to see more! :-)

Dorothy said...

Truly amazing!!!

Rita Barakat said...

WOw - you had me at the sewing machine! My grandmother was a seamstress and that would be perfect! THe top hat is wonderful too! These are so fun Wendy! I am going to be broke LOL!

Becky said...

hold the phone! i mean I want too. that's amazing.

Kirsten Alicia said...

I never thought I would be swooning over a tophat, but that hat is FABULOUS!!!!

Ellen said...

Ohhh, these stamps and embelishments are georgious!

Karla Anderson said...

Awesome. Those embellishments are amazing - such detail in that sewing machine. Love the big ticket/coupon stamp, great releases so far, I am excited to see what else you are doing.

migglymax said...

That top hat is just about one of the most adorable things I have seen. Wow you hit a home run with your new stuff...way to go!!! Thanks for inspiring all of us!

Petra Idzinga said...

loving it!!! beautiful stamps and embellishmenst

2amscrapper said...

great stamp set!

nonnie said...

love the ticket background...