here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, April 10, 2015

3 NEW archival inks & embossing powders!

I know that you can't see me...
but I'm wiggling around & giddy...
FINALLY it's time...

I'm soooo very excited to introduce
my 3 new archival inks 
and
3 new coordinating embossing powders...

I'll start with 
the "official" Ranger press release...

now here's a closer look
 at the beautiful new inks...

as you know, 
flowers are MY THING...
so I chose these colors
 based on some really pretty flowers...

in honor of my grandmother's favorite flower...
first up is
pink peony...

hey...I can hear you...
you know who you are!

lol...
hahaha...

you win!
for those of you who have asked me for
 a pink ink 
for a 
L O N G  T I M E...

a V E R Y 
  
L O N G  

TIME
and I said NO...

this one is for YOU!

you'll see the pink peony ink 

the coordinating pink peony embossing powder 
on the art parts star and the pink peony embossing powder, mixed with frosted crystal embossing powder on the sun...

you can see that the star is shiny & the sun has more texture and develops a darker color when frosted crystal is mixed in...

mixing frosted crystal with your embossing powders doubles your options...
it doubles both your color options and 
surface effects/texture too...
(shiny or more matte with cool texture)

I like the 50/50 ratio...
half frosted crystal, mixed with an equal amount of any of the colored embossing powders...


ok...I will admit...
pink peony is beautiful!

I think my Mimi would be very happy...
I have fond memories of picking flowers at my grandparent's home...
my grandfather would take me outside to choose which to pick, while she made us dinner...

I have always LOVED flowers &
I would run to bring them to her...
I remember her shaking the ants off the peonies before we could bring them in the house...
ants must like peonies?
note to self...google that...




next is
 tiger lily...
it's a great vibrant orange...

again, I used the tiger lily ink 
the embossing powder (right from the jar)
 is on the star and
the sun is frosted crystal
 mixed with tiger lily...

the color is summery & so pretty...
looks exactly like a tiger lily!
thanks to Jim...our Ranger chemist!
he nailed it!


I know I shouldn't have a favorite...
BUT...
take a closer look at

 violet...

it's absolutely GORGEOUS...

 I used violet archival ink on the flower pot, violet embossing powder on the star & the frosted crystal mixed with violet embossing powder on the sun...


can you see why I LOVE violet?


I thought it would be fun to show the same flower used with each of the 3 new colors...


and for each sample I used the coordinating embossing powder on the little heart...
it's cut from black magic mat board...

here's pink peony...


and tiger lily is next...



and violet...

keep in mind that you can vary the intensity of the color by varying the amount of ink you apply...

a little ink will give a softer, lighter color...
more ink gives a deeper darker color...
I like to use both shades on a project...

I kept the violet pretty light for the top layers...
you'll see that the bottom layer is darker...
it's peeking out at the top...



these 3 new colors fit right into my archival palette...
and work with all the current colors...

orange blossom archival is PERFECT for shading when used with tiger lily...

dandelion, tea rose and buttercup look great 
with tiger lily...

 work with all 3 new colors...

watering can, hydrangea & tree branch are wonderful basics and work with all the colors...
they are my most used "GO*TO" colors for background stamping & stenciling...

I've been using carnation red
 to lightly shade the pink peony...
and...I LOVE IT!

I used the rose SiSi with pink peony...
it looks fab with watering can archival and awesome with sky blue & tree branch archivals...
you'll see that  jet black 
really makes pink peony pop!


using the mask/stencil combo allows stamping/stenciling in each area & makes it SUPER simple...

did you notice that I used the 
vertically inside
horizontally outside the oval?




and then there's violet...

it looks great with hydrangea, forget-me-not, sky blue and tiger lily...

I know nothing about the color wheel...
I totally don't get it...
but I'm in LOVE with this red geranium, violet, leaf green, dandelion combo...




YIKES...
I guess I really am addicted 
here's another sample tag, using both...

violet used with sky blue
yes please...


combined with these 3 new colors, 
give us so many new color combos to play with...
I have had a blast making samples...

and I haven't even shared the fun I had, 
using these 3 new colors 
for making backgrounds 
with rubbing alcohol yet...
they are awesome...

and wait til you see these colors used with
so very cool!
LOTS of fun posts are coming...

your local stores can order these 
inks, embossing powders and reinkers
starting TODAY!
just ask them!

clicking the colored links
 will take you to online shopping...
and I'm sure they will be ordering 
ASAP TODAY too!

I can't wait to hear what you think...
do YOU have a new favorite archival color?

I hope you're thinking of some 
fun new archival color combos you'd like to try...

3 new archival colors...
3 new embossing powders...
and reinkers too...

just what we need to

make art!
wendy




37 comments:

Gabrielle said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new colours! Your samples are wonderful. Can't wait to get my fingers inky!

Renee M said...

These are all gorgeous colors--especially that tiger lily!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Lovely colors! New pink is my most favourite

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love all 3! Sue C x

Kathi said...

Fabulous new colors. My favorite is the violet!

Dorothy said...

Look how pretty!!!!

Vic said...

Yes!! I'm loving Violet.

Wilma said...

What a beautiful beautiful colors!!!! I think my favorite is the violet or.....oooh Wendy I love them all.

Art By Wanda said...

LOVE <3 Perfect additions to your color line!!!!!

Nox said...

OMG - the violet popped out to me right away - LOVE it!

Lisa :) said...

GORGEOUS so perfect for spring and summer!!!!!

Skraperella said...

Such beautiful colours Wendy! I think the pink peony is my fave out of this lot, it looks good enough to eat! I don't have any of your products yet, however one day when I find myself with an excess of money, I would love to buy some 😄

Rea' said...

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYY ...such PRETTY , YUMMY colors ! Can't wait to see more of your "PLAYTIME" !!
I'm partial to VIOLET... Royalty... you know :)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous colours, love your artwork too. These are so perfect, can't wait to get my hand on more embossing powders . Tracy x

Candy Spiegel said...

How exciting! I haven't even had a chance to order the last three, but I am so excited!!

dyeandpigment said...

Love the new colors. I am leaning toward the violet and pink.

Pam said...

I love these new colors! All of them are so beautiful!!!

Michelle said...

YES!!

I can't wait to use that pink with your faux enamel technique. What am I saying? I want them ALL!

Unknown said...

I love them all! They're all really, very beautiful, and I'm going to check online stores now to get some! Yippee!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

oh my gosh I am going to have a hard time waiting for my next payday facepaw!

Kim said...

Wendy, Love all the new colors but...violet is my favorite and it looks lovely on the Hydrangea SiSi.

Julia Aston said...

Love it all Wendy! the new colors and your wonderful projects!

Nancy said...

Awesome, wonderful, colorful, colors!!!! Love them. Bought some of those great art parts and can't wait to get these new colors and try them out!!! Love your stamps and art parts and now more awesome colors to go with it all!! Wonderful!!!!

barbarayaya62 said...

Wendy I love all the new colors!!! Tiger lily is absolutely my fav, but also Pink peony and Violet are yummy colors!!!! I can't wait to have them in my hands! BArbarayaya

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous new ink colours, Tiger Lily & Violet are definitely my favourites, but Peony is lovely too. Your samples are wonderful, so beautiful.

Jane said...

Such perfect colours for the spring and upcoming summer weather Wendy. They are all delicious but Violet really sings to me.......gorgeous! x

Irene said...

Love the combination of the three new colors...although I'm a purple gal...that pink is just gorgeous!

Kari said...

wow I am not a "purple" fan but I love the violet, beautiful colors.

jan metcalf said...

Wendy, your projects just keep getting better and better! Love your creativity!! The violet shines.

Lisa said...

I love them all but the pink is my fav!! I can't wait to get these!! Yay!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

You rock! I love the new colors. Thank you for more color options.

Kathy Eddy said...

Oh Wendy, these are just fabulous! I have got to have all of them! I need to do an inventory check as I think I may be missing a couple of the colors. Gotta get shopping. LOL

SusanK said...

Saw the new colors in person - gorgeous choices!!!! Can't wait to add them to my ever growing collection of Wendy Vecchi colors!

Marilyn C. said...

All I can say is WOW! The colors are gorgeous and fit right in with all your other fantastic colors. Thanks for sharing!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

YAY YOU!!!! These new colors are gorgeous Wendy! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Fabulous projects too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely colors! I was just thinking purple ink would be nice, so I am glad it is shipping soon!sandysmall

Unknown said...

Wendy it was great being with you in Akron today! That you for all your inspiration! Judy, Corissa and I loved having the opportunity to spend time talking with you too. I pray you will be safe in your travels and we will see you again soon. I will be keeping up with everything new you come up with, make sure you know how much you are appreciated and all you share with us! HelenRae Tarantino