here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, January 19, 2009

versatile and another 7

ver*sa*tile...according to dictionary.com...

1.capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another
2.having or capable of many uses: a versatile tool.
3.variable or changeable, as in purpose
***
Here's an example for those who thought the blue flower was a new studio 490 stamp.
It's the poinsettia...revamped.
***
Change the color...change the background stamps...now it's a flower for any occasion...versatile...
***
And that "mini bingo card" background stamp
...think about this...
***
*it's a large background...
***
* cut it in vertical strips...for a border...make it any width you need...straight lines...easy to cut
***
* cut it horizontally, in strips, for another border style. Cut some individual cards & layer them with foam dots to add dimension
***
* cut the mini cards individually & use them for cards, collages, ATC's...and they are perfect for......... inchie art!
***
VERSATILE...that's my goal with studio 490 stamps
Each set builds on the sets from the previous release.
***
Don't set the older stamps aside...use them in new ways.........
***
Here's today's studio 490 peek...
And the vital info...
The chipboard base is a page from Maya Road's Skinny Box with cards...it's inked with broken china & vintage photo distress inks...my favorite combo for making a GREAT vintage teal color........
***
The base is 2 1/2 x 7 inches...
***
The yummy brown velvet ribbon is Maya Road...
***
The test tube is attached with Glossy Accents from Ranger.
***
I see 7 ...what do you see?
***
Tell me!
***
PHEW.............I leave Friday...
***
Only a few more days to........
make (CHA) art!
wendy
ps...sorry for all the ***'s...Mr Blogger won't let me change the spacing...

6 comments:

Lynne Forsythe said...

I see...more leaves, polkadots, new flower x2, checkerboard pattern, verbage, verbage. How's that? They will be mine!!! You must be getting so excited!!! just a few more days!!!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Me again....check out my blog...
http://lynneforsythe.blogspot.com/
I used your stamps again!!!

Sherry Cheever said...

I do believe a see a new flower this time and look at that sentiment in the center . . . Make Art!

carpediem said...

Love your work! Thanks for sharing all of the sneak peeks. Have a great time at CHA!

D's Paper Studio said...

Okay here's my shot at it (without looking at everyone else's answers: "Make Art" circle; Dots (I'm excited), new Grid (very excited) stamp on leaf, 2 flowers, and "Life is Art"...did I get it all? I expect to see much much more!!

PS taught Saturday, using your stamps....more Wendy Vecchi fans now.

Sue McGettigan said...

Yay, I just scored test tubes at the Judikins warehouse sale with no clear idea on what I'd use them for - love this idea! Your samples are fab, can't wait to see the stamps (and grungepaper) in person :)