here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, October 18, 2012

I went to see THE queen...

and her lovely loyal subjects...

and had a TOTALLY royal
 & wonderful time at

we had 4 full days of inking,
 stamping, stenciling, laughing and playing...
I got to reconnect with friends from past visits and 
it was great to meet some blog friends 
& make new friends too...

I taught my favorite Ranger inks class 2 days in a row...
I LOVE my job!

I SHOPPED with the Queen...
how many people can say that?
and I got a few things I NEEDED...
yes Rick...
I REALLY did NEED 
ANOTHER 
vintage black box...

ok...
I *know* ...
I promised more Facebook/Twitter updates...
I really had good intentions...
HONEST! 
 I DID!
but these events get so hectic & busy I forget...

so here's what I have to share...

introducing...

 THE QUEEN, 
HRH Patti...
she actually got to take my funky art angel class & 
here she is with her angel...


these angels turned out totally AWESOME & each was unique...
just like I hoped they would be...
each had a definite personality...
this was so fun...

I wanted everyone in the class to see how cool they turned out...
so we lined them up for everyone to admire...

this is the first group...

sad to say, I didn't get photos of the second group...
sorry!



we had large classes, so HRH rented a vacant store for us...
I didn't want you to see the empty space & think that was the store...
NOPE...
the store is LOADED with goodies...

we spent ALL day Saturday constructing an art journal...
the morning session was the actual journal construction...
we made this...
with LOTS of art parts and my Blossom Bucket resin & metal pieces...
my stamps, stencils & LOTS of distress inks & paints too..


 after lunch we worked on the pages...
with each page teaching a specific technique...

the techniques I chose are easily adaptable 
to cards, scrapbooks, mini books & mixed media art...
they're not just for journaling...

to say I was THRILLED with their results
 is an understatement...

this was the first time for teaching this class & I was 
completely blown away 
by all 28 people...
they created seriously AMAZING art...

they were the first to use my *new product*...
but their lips are sealed...

what happens at THE QUEEN'S...
stays at the QUEENS...

but...they LOVED IT...
and they ALL got amazing results...
just as I hoped they would...


my classes are always organized & neat...

ok...maybe NOT NEAT...
YIKES!
it always looks like a bomb went off after the first hour...


I'm so sad that I only took a photo of one journal page...
uggg...
I was so busy admiring them...
I lost my mind...

how's this for SPECTACULAR?



I'm printing instruction sheets for my next journal class...
this is some of what we'll create...



I hope you can join us in Bloomington, Illinois 
on Saturday November 3rd...
I CAN NOT WAIT to do this class again...

I'd like to know who is responsible for adding all the things 
to my TO*DO list while I was gone...

YIKES...
lots of deadlines are creeping up quickly...

but I want need to take a few minutes to play...

I'll grab this...


so I can...

make art!
wendy

WAIT...don't go yet...
my new Blossom Bucket goodies have ARRIVED & began shipping...
the wait is OVER!!!!!!
I'll be sharing projects next week...
using these new goodies...

if you just heard me squeal...
the guys at the factory just emailed that my new stamps for JANUARY will be here for me to play with 
make samples with early next week...
I'm over the moon excited...
a girl can NEVER have enough rubber...


23 comments:

Helen said...

Wonderful samples for your new class - and great photos of some fun classes. New rubber sounds exciting... can't wait!

SusanK said...

Oh, I thought it was the wind shrieking but guess it was YOU! lol So happy your new toys are arriving so you'll have plenty of play time with them. Can't wait for the art journal class! I hope the new item the Queen's classes played with is what I think it might be. So excited to be journaling with you!

Eyeleeeen said...

What wonderful art angels! And the journal samples for the new class are pretty awesome too. Have fun with your new stuff. Nothing beats new stuff, right?

Karen Goulet said...

WOW Wendy...that looked like so much fun! I would really have loved to be there. Is it at all possible to get a kit from you for any one of your classes? The art angels looks so amazing and the journals looked wonderful. I am in Canada and so the chance of me going to one of your classes is extremely slim (but one can always dream...lol) You rock Wendy!

Karen :)

Redanne said...

How exciting to have new rubber delivered soon, oh what fun you will have... and we have to wait until next year (sad face here). Your classes look like such fun Wendy - if only...... enjoy!

Sharon Y said...

Oh it looks like everyone has some fun! All classes look like quite the experience. Would love for you to consider coming to Northern California to teach some classes. Thanks for the update. Miss you when you're not here.

Debby said...

The angels are amazing. Mine is in my craft room where I can admire her. Can't wait for the Journaling Class in Bloomington. Hopefully your new products will be there too!!

Vic said...

What a fun time you all had! I can hardly wait to see the new goodies!

Kathy Eddy said...

What fabulous looking fun and learning! Would have loved to be there!

Maryanne said...

I was in your Friday Ranger Inks class, Wendy, and had a wonderful time! It was a great class and I learned so much. Can't wait to have you come back to the Queen's!

Unknown said...

Oh man, I really want to take both of these classes! Since you're not teaching at any stores near me, how about I just come to your house? hahaha

Dorothy said...

Excellent! I would love to take one of your classes!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Looks like it was a great class....sorry you have so much to do...that's how it always goes...make time for "play."

Julie said...

Cool projects! Hope to see you sometime in Orlando for classes!!

Marijane said...

Yipeeeeeee! I am so glad you are offering this journal class in Bloomington and I think I can attend on that day. Can't WAIT!!!!!!! I've been wanting to get " art journaling" for some time and this is the perfect opportunity to begin.

Gabrielle said...

OMG! Look at the fun you all had! So incredibly jealous! Love the excitement which means that we can be excited too! Just what can your *new product* be? More clues please!

sue said...

You are one busy lady! When are you coming back to St. Louis?

Wilma said...

WOW what an amazing projects!!!

Art By Wanda said...

I really, really, really want to take your class but we already have something on the calendar for Nov 3rd :-((( Hey, are you going to come back to Iowa?

michelle said...

Man those classes like good and messy time how could anything be better then that. They did some amazing work you should be very proud.

Looking forward to seeing all those new stamps and goodies coming our way.

Marjie Kemper said...

Those all look wonderful, but the angels are outstanding! What a fantastic project... I bet all your students were loving it!

Lori said...

Love those art angels! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!
As luck would have it, I'll be able to see you on the 3rd, got some time off...yippee!!

Sherly said...

Hi Wendy,
My heart is filled with jealousy right now in reading all about the Art that was being done at The Queens Ink once again I missed because I was away. But know
that I'm a big fan and hope to catch you next time.

making art,
Sherly