here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, October 29, 2012

quick art journal page...

inspired by me?
lol...
sort of...
in a round about way...

actually, I'm working on class kits for this Saturday's art journal workshop & just looking at the kits made me want to stop and make art...

so, since I'm the boss @ studio 490...
I did...

this is a quick journal page that satisfied my 
NEED to...

make art...

the background is created with tim's distress stains & Ranger's archival & pigment inks...
on the BEST PAPER EVER...

french ultramarine archival is the beautiful blue 
I used for the postmarks...

my tree is a stamp from my second release & 
I still love it just as much today as I did a LONGGG time ago...
it's set LCS008...
we're up to LCS095 now...
with 12 new ones coming in January...

I used my dots/stripe stencil with wild honey on a blending tool, to fill in the polka dots...

who said pages MUST be flat?
NOT ME!

this is just one of the background techniques from the class...

ok...

off to finish the kits...

hope to see you in Bloomington at
for a FULL inky technique art journal day...
with a ***SURPRISE***...

Amy always includes a GREAT lunch...
that's REALLY good because...

you gotta have energy for this class...
it's like a marathon boot camp...

I'll be back tomorrow...

I was invited to participate in a blog hop with
eclecticPaperie...

my project is done...
I just need to get the blog post ready...
and the supply list...
and the instructions...
and the photos...
YIKES!

I got a peek at the projects created by the DT...
you WILL be impressed!

I've been thinking of all my friends to the east of me & HOPING that you are all safe, warm & dry...

PLEASE BE SAFE!



see you tomorrow at 7am Chicago time...

with a tutorial...

so you can...
make art!
wendy



15 comments:

Cim Allen said...

I agree .. journal pages don't need to be flat :) Your Bears are rockin this season !! Have a great day Wendy

Tona said...

Love your page!

Dorothy said...

Awesome Page!!!

Vic said...

Fab page, I always love it when you use an "oldie" but goodie!

michelle said...

Yes you should always stop and create art. This page is amazing.

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE the CUTE Journal Page!! THANKS for sharing!! SO EXCITED about the Blog Hop and looking forward to your tutorial is it a video!!?? I LOVE your VIDEOS!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Diane Swanson said...

I want you to teach me How to make pages like yours! Are you coming to Madison in November?

SusanK said...

Can't wait for Saturday...I'm ready to get down and dirty! Any chance the cover can be changed if we took the previous class? Just asking. See you soon!

Wilma said...

Love your page!!

Hels Sheridan said...

LOVE it... did you know you have totes inspired me with my journalling? I don't worry about using books now, I do loose leaf pages... LOVE your style, so inspirational... I too am sending all my best to all on the East Coast... stay safe x

Debby said...

Just have to make it through the work week till Saturday's class. I cannot wait!!!

Unknown said...

Whew! Windy here in north eastern New Jersey, but so far, we're fine. It's 7:30pm, so the worst is still yet to come. Hopefully, I'll have some power so I can follow blog hop tomorrow! Cross your fingers for us!

Eyeleeeen said...

Lovely page. Well, we survived the storm, never lost power, but the howling winds about drove me insane. Other parts of NY really got slammed and many of my friends and relatives are without electricity. Ah, the power of nature!

sue said...

You are a busy lady! Thanks for sharing.

Micki said...

OMG Wendy love-love-love this!!!