here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Did you know...


That the distress inks are great for changing the color of ribbons & fabric?? Here's an example of Maya Road's black & white ribbon, that I altered with vintage photo distress ink. I love the look of black & white, but for this project, I NEEDED a vintage looking ribbon. It's a PERFECT match & SIMPLE too. Try it!
***
Congrats to my master...LISA PACE! She signed a deal with Memory Makers to publish a technique book. I am beyond thrilled for her. Lisa is the queen of glitter..that vintage looking glass kind, that tarnishes after a bit...Her style is sooooo cool & her attention to detail is what first caught my attention. Now the bad news...we have to wait 'til 2010 to get this in our hands. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. There's that "P" word again...PATIENCE.........
***
And if you have been following the email/HughesNet saga...after 3 days of NO email...they decided the upgrade didn't work & have switched us back to the old email system. I'm no computer genius, but I knew on SUNDAY that it didn't work...AMAZING...
Most, but NOT ALL of the emails have been received. I'm thinking some are lost in space, never to be seen by me. So, if I've missed anything important, please resend it. THANKS!!
***
Ok, off to the studio for some work...actually... it's PLAY!
wendy

3 comments:

borcherding said...

Hi! I am definitely gonna try that technique out on some of my ribbon!!! Happy Hump Day!!

D's Paper Studio said...

Too cool about the ribbon. BIG congrats to Lisa...well deserved!!!

I'm glad you are back in business with your email account. Your saga had me scared as this past week our server updated our email and I was scared to death. I ended up cleaning up nearly everything and backing up what was left.

Sarah Feeney said...

The TH alcohol inks are great for dying ribbn and fabric too! I put mine in a small plactic lunch bag, squirt some of the inks in and rub the ribbon around until the colour is right through, I looks great with lace. Depending on how much ink you use you can get very bold colours, very subtle colours, or it can give a great tie-dyed effect.