here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, May 19, 2008

Creme horns, catching up...and Ranger ink update

Good morning & THANKS so very much for all the heal quick messages for Rick. He had his first post op visit on Friday & the surgeon's exact words were..."I couldn't ask for better results". PHEW...That made us both really happy. Rick swears that those 3 creme horns on the day of surgery were the miracle cure...I'd like to think it's the expert private duty nursing care! I bet Dr. Lagouros thinks it's his work...whatever!!! He's doing very well.

Today is his last day of laying. Tomorrow he's allowed to get up & walk around. He's really looking forward to that since he's been laying since Wednesday. He's an outdoorsy guy so this has been hard & boring...but mandatory. Probably the hardest thing was having his horses moved for a few weeks. Luckily one was already @ the trainer & his good friend took the other to his barn. I have nothing to do with those beasts...they scare me to death. Plus after 30 years in surgery, I like nice & clean. No flies or big stinky poop for this chick!


He has another appointment on Friday, so we'll see what the progress is then. Again...we both appreciate the messages & calls.

Yesterday I taught the fun Maya Road townhouse & tags class @ Scrapbook Friend'z. It's a 4 hour INTENSE class...but these gals worked hard & made some adorable houses & tags. There are tons of bits & pieces in this kit. But...it's all about adding the detail. That's what makes it interesting. The more layers...the better the look.



And to some catching up now...I've had lots of questions about some stamps I used on some projects. Here's the info... since my old brain couldn't come up with the info yesterday...





This one is from Hampton Art and the item # is 2635 & it's called SCRATCH PATTERN.


NEXT...




This guy is from River City Rubber Works & the # is
3060-0...SCHOOL PAPER. This site has some stamps with funny sayings that will make you laugh out loud.


Catslife Press is the cool company that makes stamps that are prefectly sized for the McGill file tab punches. You'll find Susan here. Tell her that I said HI! She's a sweetheart! Grab a cup of coffee before you go to her site. There are a ton of fun stamps there.

Now...for a Ranger update...DRUMROLL...

Just when I had my ink drawer perfectly arranged & thought I'd never NEED another ink pad, Ranger comes out with some new pigment ink. I only bought a few colors...certainly I didn't NEED them all. I WAS WRONG!!!

They are opaque, simple to use & give a smooth matte finish easily. A 30 second blast with the heat tool & you're done. Check the link above for more details.


The bottom 2 layers below are MR chipboard & the flower center is cut from grungeboard. The stamp is from Art Gone Wild, the parent company of Stampers Anonymous.




Below is the pad dabbed onto textured grungeboard. SIMPLE & a totally different look than the distress inks.


See that flower center?? Tim's new hitch fasteners from Advantus. Why do I see everything as a potential flower part???


Time to start on my CHA projects now. It's hard to believe that CHA is only 2 months away...

And remember my big announcement??? It's coming soon...I PROMISE. I'm so stinking excited that I can hardly stand it...

Thanks for visiting!
wendy

7 comments:

Lori said...

I had not taken a class with Wendy until yesterday, but I knew I would not be disappointed, and I wasn't. It was well worth the drive, the gals in class were great-very friendly, the store was awesome, too! Hopefully I'll be able to take more classes! If you have an opportunity to take a class with Wendy-DO IT! Thanks Wendy! Lori P.S. I started finishing my other two tags this morning before work, my fingertips are blue and brown..and I was dotting like crazy before bed last night! WOO HOO!

Linda M. Cain said...

Wonderful news about Rick!!! Hang in there guy!

The new inks are really fun! I've never really used anything like them. Great potential here!

Linda

borcherding said...

I don't have patience...tell us the announcement NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Happy Monday!

ps. oh no...MORE stuff I need!!

Rachel Greig said...

I'm so pleased to hear that Rick is doing ok. He has the best nurse though ;)

And I have 6 of the pigment inks, but KNOW I need more!!!!!!!

D's Paper Studio said...

I'm glad Rick is doing better.

YOur flowers are wonderful. I hate finding out I don't have all the toys in the toy box. LOL

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Wendy, Your blog is a droolfest. I love your work immensely! :0) mel

Penny said...

A droolfest? LOL! So true- you make the BEST flowers anywhere!!

The ink looks like it needs to be in my stash - pigment ink, dries on glossy and in pale colours looks perfect to me!

Glad Rick is on the mend too :)