here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, August 18, 2008

This TOTALLY blew me away!!




You HAVE to watch this...


Patti Behan, Ranger's Marketing Co-ordinator, made a wonderful You-Tube video using studio 490 stamps & a new fun technique. The technique combines Ranger's new Snow Cap White pigment ink and my favorite distress inks. These 2 inks can be used together to create a very fun pastel effect. Use the white pigment & any color of distress ink...They all work. Even the Black Soot!! And...Vintage Photo is SOOOOO cool for backgrounds.
Stamp in the white, dry with a heat tool, apply the distress ink & watch the magic happen. TRY IT!!


Patti also had some GREAT tips to share. I had no clue why I would need the Fiskars Stamp press. She explains that. She also has a GREAT idea for the project sheet that comes with each studio 490 stamp set.


And...I was REALLY impressed that Patti used the poinsettia stamp...NOT as a poinsettia...but as an every day flower. I was wondering if anyone would SEE the possibility there. PATTI DID!! You can use any color and it works for any occassion.
That's Patti's card @ the top of the post.


OK...get going...check it out on Patti's blog. Let us know what you think!
THANKS again PATTI!!!
GREAT JOB!
wendy





4 comments:

Sharon Margiotta said...

Wow! Great technique .... looks like a mask! Great card! Way to go Patti ... that quiet lady that is showing all kinds of creative ability!

Linda M. Cain said...

Great video! Way to go, Patty!
Linda Cain

Paper Patti said...

Thanks, Wendy! I'm glad you liked it.

D's Paper Studio said...

Everyone's jumping on board the Wendy train! I'm going to try jump into my new stamps this week.