here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, August 4, 2008

Flowers, FATE and friends...

Here's the story for today...

By now I'm sure you know that I'm addicted to flowers.

So, I designed this poinsettia for studio 490. Now keep in mind, I told no one about this & didn't show the stamp to anyone.



Take a look at the Trinket jewel flowers Maya Road made...a PERFECT fit. And believe me...they give NO sneak peeks to the design team...EVER.



But wait...there's more...

Look @ these felt flowers they made. Could they possibly fit the poinsettia too??


YES...it's fate & another option for using the stamp and the flowers.

TOTALLY...unplanned... FATE @ it's best.

I LOVE it when things are a perfect fit!


Now on to the friends part of the story...

Somedays it's hard to take the time to post & get very few comments. It's NOT fun to talk to yourself...(hint...post comments!)

ANYWAY...this makes it all worth it.

I got this email from Sarah today...she's a blog friend from Australia.


Your fabulous work inspired me to create a card for my monthly Inkurable Stampers challenge example, so I thought you might like to check it out! :)

Thanks for all your inspiration - I love checking out your blog regularly! :)

Kindest regards,

Sarah Schwerin


So...it IS worth it!!! Check out Sarah's art...flowers, distress inks & grungeboard. It's outstanding!!

Thanks Sarah...you made my day!
wendy

13 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

Totally cool! Don't ya love it when it comes together!
Linda Cain

Sharon Margiotta said...

That list of things I "need" from Maya Road just keeps getting longer! Be talking to you soon .. hear we have some plans to make!!

Valonda L. said...

great stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Margie Higuchi said...

Hey, great minds think alike! No?! LOL!! What a fit, it's perfect!

KAT said...

Wendy - love the flower stamp... notice I said flower - I think you can make this any flower that you want... As soon as I get my studio 490 stamps in I'll make you a pretty to look at!!!

Hope you had a great weekend!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

I love Ranger, I love Maya Road and I love Stamper's Anonymous.... so.... I LOVE WENDY!! *smile*

~yer new phriend, phinny

Unknown said...

How cool, Wendy! I love your flowers and thanks for the link to your friend's blog! Off to check it out now...

Sarah Feeney said...

LOL! Thanks Wendy! :) You make my day every time I visit with your gorgeous work!
LOVE your poinsettia! And I agree - that list of stuff I "neeeeed" just keeps getting longer and longer!

Anonymous said...

that's a pretty cool card!

arlene,
Puyallup florist

Wishful Thinking said...

Hi Wendy - Okay, I'll leave a comment :-) I read your blog and admire (no make that drool) your art. :-) Actually it's because of you that I bought my first distress ink pad and I bought faded jeans! Haven't used it yet ... maybe tomorrow, have some things I have to complete today.

If you come to Malaysia let me know ... I'd like to do one or two or more of your classes! heehee

Cheers
Rachel

Katie Watson said...

Yep, Wendy it was destiny. I am so happy that you are following your dream and creating Art! Love it all...everything you make is just so "YOU"....
Miss you lots!! Your "fortune" came true!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy,

I am Priya and I am a lurker. I visit your blog everyday checking for new inspiration ideas but rarely comment. Here I am today, to say I care and Thanks.
Priya from India

borcherding said...

LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!