here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Use your scraps journal...

Ok...I'll admit it...I spend LOTS of $$$ buying supplies.

Shhhhhhh...don't tell Rick!

Anyway, that doesn't bother me, but wasting supplies does.




So, this "Use your Scraps Journal" class makes me happy. It's a fun class that helps to use up those tiny bits & pieces that you have leftover from other projects. Since FRAGMENTS are small, they are great for paper scraps & left over tiny portions of rubons.
Have a few left over embellishments...but not enough for a large project?? You can USE them on this journal.


This is a great size...just 4 x 4, so it's easy to carry in your purse, yet large enough for actually USING.

And speaking of USING...

I LOVE bound journals & HOARD them...but actually NEVER use them. Why???

God forbid that I make a mistake...write something stupid...or jot down an idea that doesn't look as good as I had hoped. This journal has easily replaceable pages. Don't like a page??? Rip it out & toss it in the trash. Need more pages??? Just
remove the binding rings and add all the pages you need.
It's SIMPLE & your journal is still perfect!

We'll add a sheer scallopped page to the inside.


The inside has plenty of pages for notes, ideas...sketches.. whatever...

Here's the back.


This class uses ALL my favorites...Maya Road chipboard
covers, sheer page, stamps, rubons & embellishments.

Stamps from studio490 and Stampers Anonymous.

Inks...Ranger, of course!

Grungeboard, fragments and an idea-ology spinner on the front.

It's...fun!
Happy Wednesday!
wendy

12 comments:

Wishful Thinking said...

Yep you just let me know when you come to Malaysia and I will sign up for your classes! :-) Love that little journal. I have some I have made to horde too LOL. Like the idea of being able to replace the pages! :-)

Sharon Margiotta said...

Delighted to see more detail of the book ... yes, love the replaceable pages idea ... as a journal does have to be "perfect" ... right?

Margie Higuchi said...

LOVE THIS!!!!
I purchase a lot of sketch books and always meant to decorate the outside. Somehow that part doesn't get done...LOL!!!
I do like the idea of jump ringed books to throw in more pages and take out to pitch or scan.
Great idea, Wendy! Thanks! LOL!!!

Linda M. Cain said...

VERY Wendy! A real treat to look at. Fragments are so much fun to work with.
Linda Cain

borcherding said...

Oh goodness!! That is one YUMMY journal! Look at all that goodness on the front!!!

D's Paper Studio said...

What a wonderful idea! And you have done a great job helping us to learn to do it. Thanks Wendy.

Rachel Greig said...

Looks great Wendy!!

KAT said...

If you are ever in or around Ohio let me know - I would love to take some classes from you... I am taking some classes from Tim in October and I am soooo excited I can't stand it!!! Now if I can get you lined up my short term dreams would be made!

Love what you did with the fragments - why can't I ever think of something like that... I sent it to myself in hopes that I will give it a try!!!

Happy creating to you!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! Seriously - what a great idea. I'm in.

I've been getting into those binder rings, too, lately for the exact same reason. I can rip out pages or add more.

Oh... and Fragments are one of my all time fav supplies. I LOVE how you've used them here!

Paula said...

The ability to rip out pages if they are not perfect to feed my OCD, well, how wonderful! Thanks for the great idea, love the journal.

Scrapthat said...

Love your book Wendy!! Have a small question, on the fragments there are dots that look like brads on a couple pieces (some just look like dots but on a couple they look dimensional...) Did you use Brads or perhaps stickles or is it just my eyes??
I really need to get out and do some shopping. Still haven't picked up fragments (insert blushing emoticon!)
Thanks for sharing...Excellent work as always!
Dolly

Escape said...

Very cool & a great idea!! Are you going to be teaching this soon? Somewhere that I can get to?? :-)