here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mona, a little grunge and a BIG THANK YOU from me!


Mona is one of the new stamps I got on Sunday. She didn't stay uninked for long. As a little THANK YOU for my faithful blog readers...I'll show you how easy this was to create.

If you have taken classes from me, I hope you remember me saying NOT to only look @ the stamps for their obvious image, but look @ them for what they COULD be. This justifies the purchase, when you have multiple uses for them, or so I tell Rick! If you notice, the arrow I chose was a little big, so I cut it down to fit.

OK...start with these stamps from Stampers Anonymous. Mona is new, but the others have been used many times before.




Add some vintage photo and faded jeans Distress Inks. Apply them using the Inkssentials™ Ink Blending Tool & Foam. I
ALWAYS add dimension to my art, because I find a completely flat project to be boring. I'm not sure if you can see that the "5" is raised the highest and the arrow is raised, but a little less. I also machine stitched around the "specimen" label, to add another layer of interest and pen stitched around Mona.



And the finishing touch...just what Mona needed...a grungeboard crown. I originally inked it with vintage photo, I'm sooooo predictable...but it didn't stand out enough, so I added some black soot Distress Embossing powder. I LOVE this embossing powder, because there is no shine. It's the PERFECT product for those who like the shabby vintage look. I added just a few jewels to complete the project. SIMPLE.

So from Mona & me...
Have a great holiday and THANKS for visiting my blog! I am THANKFUL for each & EVERY comment!
Wendy




8 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Awesome project! Mona is now smiling wider since she got some ink!

ginny said...

Great instructions and lovely work of art. Plus you are quite democratic...you used SA images designed by Tim Holtz, me, Michelle Ward and David Simon!

Robin Beam said...

Wonderful project, Miss Wendy. You have my mailing address, right? I know just where that card will go (hehehe).

Did you get your package yet?

Oh, btw, I'm thankful for new friends like you (SEE? I can be nice sometimes!).

Vintage Photo and Faded Jeans Hugs,
Robin

Penny said...

Oh it's just wonderful. The dimension and detail are superb . I agree, got to have dimension!

Rachel Greig said...

Gorgeous piece Wendy! I'd be quite happy to see you using Vintage Photo and Faded Jeans forever! Predictable maybe, but WAY impressive! I made another blue/brown card last night and thought of you - your ink color combos are rubbing off on me!

THANKS for all your inspiration!

SANDIE MALLON said...

it was amazing to look at the stamps you have used and that you were able to take dif bits of each one ... next time i purchase stamps i think i will look at the wole process differently thanks for sharing your art work is inspiring... off to griegs block to check out her new card with the ornate star..

Sunnymommie said...

love the stamps!!! its gorgeous!!!!

Jen Crossley said...

What a gorgeous Card I just love it,nothing like the smell of burning rubber from a new stamp LOL
Jen