here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, May 24, 2010

I played with LOTS of stuff...

to make this sample acrylic binder...
it's the perfect storage for...
studio 490 stamps!

I'll send it to Ted for the Stampers Anonymous convention booth...
and it will travel all over the country...
just like Ted does...

it's the new small size binder...
too cute!

it's almost done...not quite...
but I decided to show you today...
since I was desperate for some photos to share...

NOW WHAT?
this is...SHOCKING...

Did you notice...
no distress inks?
Can you tell the difference??


These inks are opaque looking, because I used Ranger's pigment inks to color the grungepaper stamped embellishments I made for this cover.

The pigment inks coordinate PERFECTLY with this tim paper.

FATE or did tim plan this???
what's your guess?

Check out butterscotch, lettuce & terra cotta...
they are awesome inks...


Looking @ the details...

so...when is a heart NOT a heart?
well...
when it's transformed into...
leaves...

it's inked with lettuce pigment and stamped with my tiny text register stamp & jet black archival...

and embellished with Sakura glaze pen dots...




NEXT...
this was fun...
I tapped Perfect Medium onto the game spinner & added some distress embossing powder to add texture...
heat to set...

REMEMBER...heated metal gets hot...be very CAREFUL!

Perfect Medium is very sticky, so it's my favorite for embossing...
in addition to making very COOL watermarks...





here I used tim's Sizzix on the edge die to make a border...
more dimension and...
a place to add...

stamped stuff.



NEWSFLASH...
eclecticpaperie has just added a whole tab full of the stuff you NEED to make art...

it's the stuff I use frequently...
my MOST FAVORITE supplies...
the tab is called...

wendy's ART PARTS!

They call it "convenient shopping"...
it has each company I LOVE...


be warned...
they are enablers...
sweet faces...but enablers...

they are making it EASY TO SHOP!!!

And speaking of SHOPPING...

tim's sizzix texture fades will FINALLY be arriving THIS WEEK...
YIPPEE!!!

They're well worth the wait...
because the are unique & over the top AWESOME...

Get 'em before they're GONE...
and you're sad...

and I'll close with the usual...
just in a little different format...






wendy

32 comments:

Lori said...

WHAT? I'm the first comment? Unheard of. Very cool binder cover, and yes, love those pigments! Love how the colors go with Timinator's paper. love it.

Cher said...

very pretty my dear! u enabler u! lol...mmmm on all...delish!

Helen said...

Love this - just need to bring myself to cut the Timinator paper now.... can't do it, I can't do it.

Debby said...

Love the mini binder. Great art as usual. Thanks for sharing.

Scrapthat said...

My guess is Tim planned it that way...he has great attention to detail and making stuff match up!
I love your heart Leaves! Fabulous idea! as always TFS!

michelle said...

Do you think we would not stop here if we did not want to be enabled? I think not now only if my DH felt that way.

Your cover is so wonderful and so you!

Kathy Eddy said...

I love the ,imi-binder cover! I am thinking No coincidence with Tim! i think he is very deliberate with his products. Off to shop now.

Anonymous said...

Oh, your cover art is wonderful! I don't have a lot of the pigment inks, but those I do have are really beautiful.
We're all enablers, aren't we? Though I think we'd rather call ourselves helpers.
Good news about the texture fades. I pre-ordered them ages ago, and am so anxious to play with them.
Have a great week!
Eileen in NYC

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

cool post :)... have played with the texture fades ( well most of them) and am in lurve ....lol

Nancy said...

Cute, cute, cute! Lovin' the colors - I think I'm needing to get more. Big surprise! lol
I read your Tweets about not feeling so good the last few days - hope that's all gone. Take care of you!

Tona said...

Love everything you did! What I like about using the heart for leaves is it kinds of shouts out ~love flowers~ ;)

patricia smith said...

I am so excited. Last month I got your book, and this past weekend went to a stamp show in Sacramento. After the show, went to a great stamp store in Elk Grove and got my first Studio 490 stamps! I decided to start with the Face Art set.

You have to be very careful when you venture away from your door, as there are many enablers "out there!"

Hugs,
Pat Smith

SusanK said...

Great cover! The pigment inks are wonderful to work with - the medium blends so well...no telltale lines. Gotta spread mulch (in this heat!) so will have to make art later. Maybe I'll go shopping first. :)

Etta said...

my thoughts..."stinkin' cute"!!!

EFI said...

amazing binder!!! i loooooove all your creations

Julie said...

Love the convenient shopping "Wendy's ART PARTS" :) and the Sizzix Texture Fades!!! I will take one of each please!

Dianal said...

Love this cute mini album ... I read earlir today that a new sectiion had been added called Wedny's Art Parts ... great idea especially when we want to order the things you use to create your art ... thanks for sharing

jan metcalf said...

Great art and ideas once again Wendy! Love the idea of Wendy's favorite supplies!

Linda said...

Great Binder. . .love all the details! Talk about an enabler. . . now I have to get pigment inks! lol

Linda

Cim Allen said...

I"m not sure I'd ever be able to sleep if I was you .. you have EVERY thing you could ever want. All kinds of Tim stuff, your cool stamps,inks .. WOW !!! I agree with Linda .. I think you are part enabler too .. LOL .. have a great day !

Unknown said...

Love the butterfly, can't wait to try it.
Sue

Vicki in MD said...

Fabulous! you eye for details amazes me. the butterfly with the spinner for the body is ingenious. And tieing a string around the finger - wonderful. I've been away from your blog for awhile, but was reminded today why I should come back quite often. You are inspiring.

nonnie said...

i think my favorite part is the color of the butterfly...love it...thanks for showing the beautiful cover...

julie m said...

i really like the pigment inks. makes things look a little velvety. like the cover. must try to use more pigment inks.

Anita said...

Cool idea with the heart as leaves. Awesome cover!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

FAbulous! I especially love that butterfly.

Anonymous said...

The album cover is darling and so interesting to see what the pigment inks can do. What a perfect compliment to Tim's paper (or vice-versa).
I finally saw Tim's Texture Fades at a local craft store and got the brick/wood grain pair - amazing! Now I'm off to eclecticpaperie web site just to "window shop" (who am I kidding?). Keep creating. Marijane

pta4him said...

Love the use of the heart for leaves - adds a little extra whimsy.

Dorothy said...

I just love your art and your blog!
Thank You!!!

Chirpin Is Fun said...

Love the new cover! Awesome Art! You are such an enabler...wish I could shop all I want to!

nancy said...

Great album! I love how you made your heart leaves!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Fabulous artwork as always Wendy, love the inks love the colours ;)
Anne x