here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, August 26, 2010

cats & questions...and other randomness

the things we do for LOVE...
Hmmm...
sounds like a song...

This furry guy, Ranger the cover cat
(see right sidebar), LOVES fresh pineapple.
Somehow...when Rick cuts it up for our breakfast, he knows & he insists on sharing mine...

Like I said...
the things we do for love...

I put some on a fork for him & he licks it until it's bone dry...

he gets every last drop of juice...
and smiles the whole time he's licking...
SERIOUSLY!




and continuing with cats...
I got this question the other day...

#1...I know you have 2 cats. I want another. Do you have 2 litter boxes?

NOPE...we have NONE.
These guys have us trained to serve them.

They both go outside to do their duty...
never ever had one single problem.
Yes, they both have claws, but have never done one speck of damage inside.
They totally trained us.

Ranger will come & make a certain noise to get your attention, then lead you to the door he wants to go out.

Sometimes it's the front door...
sometimes a patio door...
sometimes he will only go out the kitchen door & he will wait for us to open the garage door...

and...as NUTS as it is...
we're trained to do it!

Now the other critter, Ringo, will rub your leg only when he wants out.
He too leads you to his choice of doors.

and when they want to come in...
they have a different voice for that...

We still wonder how this happened...
I guess we paid attention & like I said...
they trained us. It's PERFECT!

#2 question...when did you know for sure that you were an artist?

This is kind of funny...
many days I still wonder...
like right after I've just tossed something ugly in the trash...

SERIOUSLY...
some days are just NOT good days for making art!
I don't make things I'm 100% satisfied with every single day...
so don't think I do...
it's either THERE or it's NOT...

there's no forcing art...

Ok... before I had my first stamp release we decided to change accountants...

So we made an appointment to explain what was going on & she said...
so you're a nurse, right?

I blurted out...nope, an artist...
then I quickly looked @ Rick...
and thought...

WHO SAID THAT?

I was thinking it came out of HIS mouth!

So I guess once it was listed as my occupation on the tax forms...that made it official.

#3...Is it bad that I'm in MI, and contemplating visiting relatives in IL to see you in Nov?

Not in my opinion!! HA!
Better hurry & decide...
we'd love you to join the fun...

the classroom @ Scrapbook Friend'z holds 28 & a few days ago I heard we were already @ 25...

#4...LOTS of book #3 inquiries...
I could write a book on here! Speaking of "book" where is my Part III book that I'm not so patiently awaiting? LOL I'm getting all Wendyized and am dreaming of art parts and stamps and they thought sewing paper was weird....ha!

SOON...
They are just swamped @ Stampers Anonymous with CHA orders for stamps, art parts & books...

keep in mind they make Tim's stamps, mine, Art Gone Wild, Inky Antics, Darcie's & Claudine's clears too..

So...that's a whole LOT of work...

Just as soon as they are here...
I'll post it...

#5...Pleeeese can you get some of those amazing Art Parts airlifted to the UK urgently. We need them!!!. Seriously, its really hard waiting, they look fantastic.

5A...do you have pull to send art parts across the pond like today?

Here's the scoop...
orders placed @ CHA ship first...
they are shipped in the order they are received.

So...depending on when they were ordered, that determines when they ship.

First day CHA orders ship first, second day second...etc...

and NO...I have NO PULL!
Ted is the boss...

actually...
I really think Michelle is...
but we won't let Ted know that!
It's our little secret...shhhhh...

Here's a reminder that inspiration is everywhere...
even WALGREENS...

I was there the other day & spotted these fake lashes...
I kind of chuckled to myself...

if I were to wear them...
I could see mine falling off in my ice tea...
or worse yet...
my mojito!

But...something clicked &
I went back down the aisle to get some...



and made this...to add to my Ranger apron for classes.
there's those memo pins again...
they are so fun & simple.

Glossy Accents is the MAGIC ingredient.

and see tim's new charm clip?
I'll be getting 1000 of those cuties!

they are perfect for hanging things...
obviously...duh...

and can also be used just like the memo pins to make custom epoxy embellishments...


the fake lashes are sooo cool looking on her eyes!

it's a small detail...
but it does add to the overall effect!


agree?
Plus it makes me laugh!

Maybe the gals @ JoAnn's were right...
(see yesterday's post)

Maybe I HAVE gone off the edge!



WARNING...
here's a little enabling...

I LOVE these Jenni Bowlin buttons...
LOVE the colors...

the brown & black are sweet...
but the package listed as yellow is an awesome vintage-ish yummy color.
that just might be my new fav...


these adorable butterflies are vellum...

LOVE the mini papers too...
I'll be making art with them early next month...

stay tuned...



Ok...we're off early tomorrow morning, headed to O'Hare for a flight to Columbia South Carolina to spend the weekend @ The Stamping Place.

I was there last year for the grand opening of their AWESOME brand new classroom...

I'm looking forword to visiting, teaching, stamping, inking, grunging, sweet tea & southern hospitality!

I hope you're looking forward to the weekend so you can...

make art!
wendy

PS...I told you comments are GOOD...

just ask...
Blogger Mall Rat said...

I can't wait for Art Parts to show up. I signed up yesterday for your Friday night class at For Keeps Sake in St. Louis .. I can't wait !!! I finally get to take a class with you, I'll have to get a pic and put you up on the wall of fame with Tim & Teresa :) LOL

August 25, 2010 3:35 PM

Mall Rat...Please email your shipping info...and there will be some fresh rubber headed your way...

compliments of TED & MICHELLE!

WAIT...

OH...one more thing...

if you really need a laugh...

check this out...

I'm CERTAIN SHE is over the edge...

no doubt...

and...

comments are good...just sayin...

62 comments:

SusanK said...

Safe travels! If Ted need some help in the cutting room, maybe I can stop in for a few days next week while dh is away! vbg The wait seems so long but I know it'll be worth it when all the goodies are available.

Anonymous said...

ok..had to go change my undies...its not good to make me laff hard like that Wendy and SUZ!!!!!!omg...write a book u guys.

ok luv luv the lashes lol...so fun! We all will just have to wait for art parts..heck I can't even find bingo chips by Maya! no luck finding anything new just yet..cept your stamps I snagged at Scrap tales! yeah! Have a fun time, post often as we love to see the projects. been outside more than in, but it is cooling off so might get to stamp later..xo cher

Nancy S said...

Thanks for so many chances for new rubber! I love all of your stamps, you continue to impress with new product and new ideas. Please come to Florida to teach a class??? Wait until it cools off though, it is hot, hot, hot! A good reason to stay inside and make art.

Anonymous said...

well i just left Suze a note as I too went to the dentist today however i did not lose my car LOL. I know what you mean about cats, one of mine is too lazy to climb the fence to get from the back of the house to the front, so he asks to come in the back window then walks through the house to the front door where he asks to be let out again.........and yes, we do it!!! Just heard my CHA order has shipped to me in the UK - yeah, cannot wait.....

ellen vargo designs said...

OMG I saw that Suze post yesterday and thought I would DIE - I could just hear her saying all those things.. too funny!

Anita said...

I love reading your answers. I am glad to know that others have animals that have trained them. Mine can tell time and lets us know when it is time to eat. Thanks for the laugh. I have days like that.

Anonymous said...

Wow Wendy~
Love the eyelash idea!!! You are right~~they really POP out on her face!!!!
OMG-Suze is a hoot! She reminds me of my Mom. We live together and my sister calls us the Spinster Sisters cause we go everywhere together!
Congrats to the lucky winner! Aren't Ted & Michelle the best!!!
Karen S. Ohio

Lisa said...

Suze made me laugh SO HARD last night....

Waxing philosophical for a moment.

An artist. I never have been. When I was younger, a kid, my mom never took my efforts seriously. I was just playing. It was time to grow up and get a real adult job in the real adult world.

So I did. And I'm rather good at my geeky computer stuff.

But...when all is said and done...is there....room for both?

Today, I think so. So I'll say it.

I am an artist.

Thanks, Wendy.

Dawnll said...

Oh my goodness I thought I spoiled my cat, I love the pineapple on a fork..too precious. Mine only eats spaghetti and chips with dip and I think that is the weirdest.
I just looked at your scedule and realized you will be in Hannahs ...oh my goodness I didn't know you were that close to me. I am off to check out their schedule.

Dianal said...

Boy, the lashes are a really nice touch to those eyes .. they look life like now!!! Nice to see you will be back in Buffalo again next month ....love what you will be teaching there ... what great pieces .....have fun and travel safe ... There is a saying that dogs have owners and cats have hired help!!!

Art By Wanda said...

The eyelashes are fantastic!!! Great idea!!! Stay safe and have fun on your trip!!!! We have a busy weekend... I'm not sure there will be any time to make art but I'll be trying to squeeze in a little.

joy said...

What a hoot those eyelashes are! and that Suze? another hoot!

Kaye said...

Well...I was up until 4 a.m this morning even though I had to go to work. But, I got my Studio 490 books yesterday (a big THANK YOU for siging them), and I completely lost all track of time! Have a great, fun weekend

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Haha! Yes, you and Suze must be both over the edge or pushing your luck! And I think some of the comments she got were even funnier!

Miss Mary said...

Oh my...you had me laughing then crying. Kinda new to your blog and just love reading your posts. Your cats are amazing and yes they do train us well. I miss mine so much.I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't think of her.
Anyways...I just love, love your stuff and if I'm reading this right I can buy the kits??? Seriously?? Hopefully online..because around here there is only a Michaels to buy from.
Have a FAB weekend..
Mary

Liz in MO said...

Oh my gosh, I love those eyelashes!!!!!! Who knew. . . walgreens.

Robin Swederske said...

Love the eyelashes! I know where I'll be shopping tomorrow!

slbt17 said...

you are too funny! Love the eyelashes!
Sandra

Etta said...

Love hearing about your kitties. I'm a huge cat fan.

Regarding the latest project...GENIUS my friend, absolutely...GENIUS!

Happy trails to you. Enjoy the southern hospitality, but hurry home.

Vicki Harper said...

Hey! Our cat does the same thing rubs our legs until we follow him to the door....the food...yes he has us trained .... we have to stir his canned food or he won't eat it! sometimes he won't eat it and he has to have fresh food! Ha! Glad to hear we aren't the only crazy cat trained owners! Yes - he goes outside unless it is really cold (live in Indiana) or storming - then only number one - he only does number 2 outside! ha! yep too much info right?!

Oh by the way I love your work! Eye lashes who would've thought! Keeping inspiring me!

Linda said...

Congratulations to Mall Rat! What a lucky person!

We (those who read your blog) are lucky too. You make us laugh (and link us to places that make us laugh more) and you show nifty cool art with fake eyelashes (who would've thought?) and tell us stories (our animals have is very well trained too!) and give enabling alerts! Thank you for all that you do for us!

Have safe travels!

~* steph :) *~ said...

how adorable your kitty like pineapple! i love pineapple :)!
love your project! so cute to add eyelashes! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful friday! *hugs* steph :)

Karla Anderson said...

Now I have something to do with my daughters fake eyelashes when they are too worn for her to wear....lol. Too cool! I have a cat that eats weird things also - she also begs like a dog for people food. Her favorite is turkey of course bur she also likes tomoatoes,

Larissa Heskett said...

Oh Wendy, you just make me LAUGH!! You are so fun!! I too have a cat that has potty trained us to let him out they really are smart!! I LOVE all of your ahh haa moments stories, and NO you haven't lost it. Us here in the crafting world totally get it and you ROCK!! Anyway, THANKS for sharing and have TONS of FUN CREATING this weekend!!

P.S. CONGRATS to to winner I'm sure that made her day and now she can bring her new stamps to the class for an autograph on the prize she won on your blog and a picture for her wall too!! How AWESOME!!
LARISSA HESKETT

Sharon said...

Cats....they are really frightening...and they have meetings about it. Years ago...we had two...then April 1(yes, God has a sense of humor, Virginia) a third cat shows up on our doorstep...well, actually between my feet...but I digress....60 days later she has 6 kittens. We looked...couldn't find homes and didn't want them to end up as strays. So, there we are...with 9 cats. When the kittens were old enough...ready to learn how to be cats, I suppose...my husband goes into the den one day and ALL NINE CATS are arranged in a circle looking at each other. Then life changed...who was in charge of directing us in our "human chores" were doled out. Suddenly one of the kittens now informed us of mealtime(one of the older two used to do this)...another was in charge of bug patrol...and so it went. Our human chores still got done, but the elder two kept only their favorites. We were very well kept in line for years. They are now all keeping the angels in line...or at least, giving it their best shot. Your Ranger reminds me of our second oldest, Amber, who used to like to steal lettuce to lick it. Or Mexican hot sauce.(Our theory was he must have spent time in a Mexican restaurant before finding us...a kindred spirit of Garfield, but with a different flavor). Characters all. I'm surprised that you haven't done a set of cat stamps...with appropriate quotes...just a suggestion.

Anonymous said...

Funny post, and fab use of the false eyelashes. Can't believe I actually wore those things at times back in the 60's. That Mary Quant look. Oy!
Eileen in NYC

Helen said...

Great post today it really made me laugh. I love those lashes (saw your tweet just before I went to bed last night) how funky!! Have a great weekend, wish I was there. BUT I just saw Wendy (Stamp Attic Wendy)'s comment saying she'd got confirmation of her order being shipped, which means MY pre-orders are on the way, YAHOOOOOOOO.

Monica Ward said...

I need some of these buttons. BTW...the eyelashes rock!!

Diane said...

I had a great laugh at the eyelashes...who would of thought?? Amazing what can be used in art!!! Funny kitty stories...mine are not that trained or I am not that trained...lol....but they have me trained other ways! This is my first visit her, am mapquesting to see how far I am from your Ill. shows though I am sure they are full already...sigh!!!

rhonda said...

Loved the eyelash idea! I visited Suze's blog and I have to say a big thank you to you I was laughing so hard my eyes started watering, thanks again for getting my day started on the right note!

pixiedust61 said...

Oh my gosh... the eyelashes are brilliant.... maybe over the edge but...WOW! Brilliant!
I laughed so hard at Suze's post....thanks for sending me there...What a riot!
Carol

Dorothy said...

Lovin the eye lashes!!!
too cute!

Lori said...

Those eyelashes are pretty darn funny. But very cool, too! lol! Have a good weekend teaching, I'm sure the classes are packed!

C. Sage Deerborn said...

Love the false eyelash trick. I could see me using some in a mixed media piece. Never thought to until now. Thanks.

Debby said...

Have a great time in Carolina. Poor Suz. I have crowns and I know what that is like but I only have had to get one done at a time. Can't wait for the art parts and love the eyelashes. Too cool. My cats are very spoiled too but I love them and wouldn't trade them for anything. My youngest Eli has to have Multi-grain Cheerios each morning and then he likes to finish the milk in the bowl. And he only likes the Multi-grain Cheerios and none of the other flavors will do.

TheLastOfNine said...

Love the lashes. You have me totally hooked on the pins, I LOVE THEM! The big toe/dentist post is hilarious.
Gloria

Marijane said...

I love your "Lashey-Lady" ...and your cat tales...so funny! Those Jenni Bowlin butterflies are beautiful. (Think I'll be needing some soon.)

I knew I loved creating art and cooking 50+ years ago, when making mud pies and my own paper dolls and clothes were far more fun than any store bought toys!

Kate said...

love those little butterflies and what you've done with the falsies.

** Kate **

Tona said...

Ha! Love what you did with the fake eyelashes. I need to learn how to see things through your eyes.

Anonymous said...

Love the false eyelashes!

As for cats I have 3 and I am trained to respond to their every wish, feed me, ooo - turn the water on in the sink, let me out, let me in, pet me, don't pet me, don't pet HIM...

it makes for an entertaining home life...

Debbie

Dawn Edwards said...

Fabulous idea with the eyelashes! Your talents always amaze me! Cute that you share with your kitty and incredible how well they have you trained.

Unknown said...

You amaze me. I would never think to by false eye lashes to create are with. They look great.
Sue

Unknown said...

Too Funny - Safe Travels and come back with more "Cat Tales". Thanks always for the inspiration and enabling!

lesleyworth said...

Woohoo! So excited to see you in class tomorrow! I was fortunate enough to be there last year at The Stamping Place...and oh so lucky to get to play again this year! Safe travels! And oh me oh my...thanks so much fo including a link for Suze...WOW...had me laughing all over my drink!

Kathy said...

Ah..my cat too has trained me well. Excited about the new stuff - it can't come soon enough!
kathy m

BethW said...

So do you think Suze would appreciate the story about my dog chewing up my false teeth?

Sandi M said...

You are so right - the eyelashes totally give that little extra. Where do you think up this stuff? What a clever idea. Our cat now won't eat anything human, but previous cat pals loved popcorn and pasta sauce. Happy travels.

Linda R said...

Wendy, all your posts are a blast - but this one had me rocking & rolling LOL....a special thank you for answering all of our "inquiring minds want to know" questions - you really are such a gem. I understand now just how busy they are, maybe I should relocate and work there? I would never get a paycheck, just a note saying "you were here". LOL Enjoy your trip.

Soraya said...

Thanks for all those answers again. And those eyelashes... so clever, it brings an extra dimension to your art work. Thanks for sharing, Soraya

jan metcalf said...

Love the eyelashes ARTIST!!

redmom said...

If only I could train my husband as well as your casts have trained you!!! *giggle*

Eyelashes, way too cool!! I love it when people take a totally random everyday object and make it art!!

Courtney said...

You are definitely an artist! You used false eyelashes in your art! : )

Amy said...

Glad to see you are having so much fun! I always enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for the inspiration.

Diane Swanson said...

A. I wish you would just send me the stuff you throw in the trash! I will pay for the shipping! seriously! When I stamp with my friend, Joyce, I take her stuff out of the trash all the time and make stuff with it! She doesn't like it, but I do! And I know I would love your trash too!
B. Sue's story: the dentist part made me ill-any mention of dentist and I feel sick! Its a result of childhood memories!
C. You are my hero. I am a nurse-love it some days, very tortured on others! I want to be an artist!

Nancy D. said...

I always enjoy reading your posts!...those lashes are a hoot!

Kathryn said...

Don't you just love those inspired ideas that jump up and say "look at me!" Adding those eye lashes is so fun.

nonnie said...

love the eye lashes....

Kathy said...

Love the Art, the eyelashes give her sassy look.

Hels Sheridan said...

Soooo sweet that your puddy loves pineapple! My AlfieCat used to like bananas but he is a teenager now and won't eat anything good for him ROFL
Loving the eyelashes...inspired as ever! Congrats to Mall Rat... Hugs x

Amy said...

Ok, Now I have to go and feed my cat, Finn, pineapple to see if he likes it! LOL! Great post! Love your work!

Jodee said...

Comments are good. Just sayin'. : )
Thanks Wendy!

Joyce said...

I saw your "eye lash" project on Suze website and had to come over here to hear all the juicy news. Ted needs to hire more people. Doesn't he know we need it NOW? LOL Thanks for answering some questions. Love the memo pens and Tims new hanging doodle charm!!