here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, December 12, 2014

popping in...


YIKES...long time no blog!

it's full speed ahead here, 
making CHA samples...
oh & a little shopping...
that's my story & I'm stickin to it...


I thought I'd show you our favorite new holiday decor piece...
it's a giant new, but vintage-ish,
 marquee sign...
with vintage looking light bulbs...

it's about 3 feet wide...
& it sits on top of the refrig...

not the easiest to photograph...
but I think you get the idea...

makes me smile...


several people have asked when sneak peeks start...

how about today?


I spy 3 NEW_____...

this release is a fun one...
I *think* I say that every time...
but it's true...

here's some hints & answers to recent inquiries...

#1 is a frequent one...

1. I sure hope you're planning on giving us potting soil as an embossing powder...my favourite of all your colours...
me...sorry...not this time!

2. more flowers please...
me...you bet! I'm having a blast with these new guys...can't wait to show them...

3. I would love to see smaller images that we cardmakers can use. specifically sized for cards and card sentiments too...
me...I *think* this release fits the bill...
I've made quite a few card samples...

4. I find your stamp-it stencil-it sets very easy to use and they seem to help jump start me some days. I hope you'll continue along that line...
me...THANKS so much!
...you will be happy...
I AM!

5. any chance you'll create thin dies that are so popular? I'm especially thinking of dies for your flowers...

me...nope...here's why...
the thin dies don't cut my clearly for art...

when I design the flowers, I like to have the option to layer them & clearly for art is the perfect strong, sturdy layering surface...
if I'm taking the time to make something, I want it to last & not get crushed or easily damaged...

so, we'll just keep using scissors...
I stamp a bunch & cut them out while watching the Bears lose...
haha! 


ok...that's it for today...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend...

it's back to the studio for me...

time to

make more (CHA) art!
wendy



21 comments:

Sharon Y said...

Yay! Looking forward to the new release! Love your sign! Merry Christmas and happy sample making.

Sue said...

That sign is SO COOL! Looking forward to your new releases.
And maybe (hopefully) an announcement that you are coming to teach at Whim So Doodle in St Pete FL,where it's not so warm for us right now, but warmer than where you are!

Caroline D. said...

Hmmmm.... I spy 3 NEW stencils!! I love to play I spy! LOL Looking forward to seeing all the new goodies. Keep the sneak peeks coming! Love that cool Merry sign... you always find the neatest 'stuff'. Have a Merry Christmas! Please send any snow to NC... LOL. Really!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Woohoo, can't wait to see all the new products. Looking forward to those new flower stamps and other goodies. Love your retro sign - it made me smile too :)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Can't wait to see the new products , this flower looks like a Hydrangea. Love your festive sign too. Tracy x x

Linda said...

Can't wait to see what new projects you come up with, I know they will be awesome. Looking forward to all the new products too!!! Merry Christmas my friend !!!

SusanK said...

CHA...bring on the new goodies!

Meme said...

Gosh I have missed you!
You have been busy, I have been busy.
I need to remember to visit more!
Your new stuff sounds like good stuff!

Lisa said...

Awesome sneak!! I can't wait to see the new goodies!! Your Merry sign is fabulous!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Dorothy said...

Love the sign...love the sneak peek...sorry for your Bears...Go Pack Go...I just had to do that.
Merry Christmas!!!

Helen said...

ooh fab sneak peaks! have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Wendy, you are an awesome artist! Thank you for all your work for us! Merry Christmas!

Create Beauty with Laurajo said...

Ooh, pretty sneak peek and that sign is awesome. Can't wait to see the new flowers. I always love your flowers stamps.

Unknown said...

You're always such a tease! Have a fabulous birthday! xoxo

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

wonderful post..CHA how exciting..safe trip Merry Christmas..love you
susan s

Kirsten said...

Sneak peeks are always exciting! Love your Christmas sign. Have a wonderful birthday.

Redanne said...

Loving your sneak peeks, so looking forward to seeing your new releases. The Christmas sign is fabulous!

Hope you had a wonderful birthday. Anne x

Andi said...

Shame on me for just finding these. But... WOOHOO!!!! LIKE ANOTHER CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR WHO? ME! ME! ME! CAN'T WAIT! YAHOO'S THE ONE WE LOVE? WENDY OF COURSES! !!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I totally want that sign! Gorgeous! Hope your birthday was awesome!

Lori said...

3 new stamps! Woot! Wait...that one might be a stencil...ok, I'll go with stencil. lol. Love the "merry" light..looks cool! Can't wait to see all the new releases!

michelle said...

I love the new peaks and I stopped counting at the flower pot that makes me happy why go on! Thanks for not doing the dies I am kind of cut them out myself gal. . . I like the joy of just sitting and cutting!