here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, July 17, 2015

archival ink painting...


I wanted to share the original post about 


and this is the card that I made for that post...



yesterday I had an idea...
but...not much time to play...
 it was one of those ideas that wouldn't leave my brain until I tried it...

I had very low expectations, 
I figured that most likely it wouldn't work...
and I'd toss it...

but...
 I had to give it a go...

 I discovered that
AWESOME for painting with archival inks...seriously cool!

I originally wanted the white magic mat board 
to die cut
then ink with distress or archival inks or use with embossing folders...

so this was totally unexpected...

I made this quickie art to test drive the idea...
the background is my archival inks mixed with rubbing alcohol...

the coneflower is painted with archival inks, diluted with rubbing alcohol...

this time I just dipped the brush into alcohol,
 that I put on my craft sheet, 
instead of filling 
the water brush with alcohol, 
like I did in the original tutorial...

I was very surprised to see that the surface didn't bubble or pill...

so now I LOVE the magic mat board even more, because it has 2 distinct uses...
die cutting and as a solid surface...

this makes a framable art & it's a great card surface too...
the material is extremely light weight, 
but very strong...

and you'll LOVE the price...

here's my sample...



and below is a better look at the flower & leaves...
I'm not the best color-er (if that's a word)
and I know I need more practice, but this was a blast!


sorry this is a quickie post...
I need to go & buy a dress today...
Y U C K...

NOT an easy task...
I LOVE jeans & 
wear them 99.999% of the time...

here's the supplies you'll need & hopefully I can get a better post done before we leave...

cheapo rubbing alcohol (whatever % you find is OK)
SiSi
I mixed mine 50-50 
to create a matte finish powder...
I like this best with this technique...
and...

that's the basics...
not much is needed...

to get you going...

OK...

wish me luck on buying a dress...

I'd MUCH rather...

make art!
wendy


13 comments:

txcn363@yahoo.com said...

I loved reading your thought process, here!
I mean, how you "got from point a. to point b.", on this project! It makes me want to pay more attention to that "little nudge" my brain gives me, sometimes, all the more!
Thanks for the delightful inspiration, Ms. Wendy!

SusanK said...

Better you than me going dress shopping. If undies came in denim my life would be complete! lol Cool art and I love painting with archival inks...the colors are so rich. Not to mention permanent.

Gramma said...

Fun tutorial. Great idea and you also made me laugh. Good luck with the dress shopping, hope you can wear flip flops with your dress.

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUS... see you... SOON!!!

Redanne said...

That was a great experiment and I think your colouring looks pretty good! Like Hels has already said... see you soon! Anne x

Art By Wanda said...

Very cool!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you had fun shopping for your dress. I'm sure you'll look BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

THAT ROCKS!!!! Love when you come up with the totally unexpected!!!

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

It's a great experiment. I also love jeans & wear them 99.999% of the time,lol.

Marci said...

I love how you are always experimenting! Take a friend with you to shop for a dress. Sometimes they get you to try something different and it works! Like experimenting with art, kind of :-))

Marci said...

P.S. I LOVE jeans, too. And I need some of that mat board. It is on my list.

Wilma said...

Just love it!!!

Craftychris said...

Wonderful! I must play! Good luck finding a dress, I am sure you will find a lovely one - do we get to see? xxx

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Yeah art wins over dresses everytime.