here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, May 26, 2016

hello...still there? *EDITED!*



(I added a special SALE CODE at the end of the post!)

wow...
LONG time no blog...
Y I K E S!!

so what's been happening here?

I spent time designing new stamps, new stencils, new SiSi's & new mat minis that will release in a few months...
FUN STUFF!

I spent time designing new classes, 
focusing on using new products...
and my fav...
new techniques...

here's a little peek at a
"box full of art" class that's happening this year...
we'll alter the kraft box...
it has awesome metal corners on the lid & on the base...
making it quite sturdy & very fun to alter...




after the box is all changed up...
 we'll play with techniques & 
fill this box with art...

you can check the right sidebar to see my teaching/demo schedule & hopefully 
I'll see
 YOU
 later this year!

after the classes get designed, it's time to make kits...

lots of pre-stamping & die cutting goes on behind the scenes...
then kitting, packing & shipping to the stores...

and then...

we did the Great Lakes Mega Meet earlier this month...
we had a FABULOUS time & were super busy...
I got to see friends who come every year & I got to "hook" some newbies...
we had some gals,
 who had never used stamps or inks before...
they were really fun because they were so excited...
they were shocked it how easy it is...
I LOVE MY JOB!

hmmm...what else?

spring always makes me want to change up the decor inside...
freshen things up...
clean closets...etc...
every year the urge hits me like a ton of bricks...

 we enjoyed 3 road trips to find more treasures...
then it's time to rearrange everything inside the house & make room for the new stuff...
that for me, 
is almost as much fun as 
making art!


then I decided to take some time
 to enjoy getting the outside ready for summer...

we planted L O T S of flowers...

our entry looks like this...




lovely art from Mother nature...


 that's just the entry...
we have decks across the back of the house & several other spots loaded with flowers...

when shopping for flowers,
I have Z E R O willpower...
N O N E...
it's worse than sandals...

when I was little, my "reward" for eating dinner was going to look at the flowers with my grandfather, then picking a little special bouquet for my grandmother...
fond memories...

 before I go,
I wanted to let you know about
 a SUPER SALE
over at funkie junkie...


the prices are already reduced...

this link will take you there...


EDIT...

Here's the code for an additional 10% off!!!
just add

MEMDAY

at checkout!


if you go back thru the latest posts, you'll see lots of examples using the newest products...

I hope you have a fun Memorial Day weekend...

and...
can take some time to...

make art!
wendy








12 comments:

JKD said...

Looking forward to taking your new classes in CT at Papercraft Clubhouse.
Happy memorial day!

Debby said...

Love the box and love all of your flowers! May have to copy some of the outside decor if we go out looking for outdoor stuff this weekend. I think it may be rainy so looking for some antique containers could be fun! Flowers got flattened yesterday from our storms.

Kaye said...

Wendy, your flowers are gorgeous. I planted in the heat yesterday just to get up this morning to every plant dug out of the planter. So just as I was going out to replant tonight, across the yard strolls a huge woodchuck headed right towards the planter! Sound familiar? Darn critters.

Jane said...

Hi Wendy great to see you posting and everything is looking beautiful over at yours. I agree re flowers,I have been potting up my bedding plants too. May is such a wonderful month for Mother Nature to show off. You have been so busy but great things looked planned too.I treasure the art I made at your workshop in London last year,come back soon. Enjoy! Hugs xx

Redanne said...

Nice to see you back, what a busy girl you have been! Your entry looks fabulous with all those gorgeous flowers. I too, love the box we made in your class last year in London, your classes there are in for a real treat! Hugs, Anne xx

Sue said...

Can't wait to see what classes you will be doing at Whim So Doodle!

SusanK said...

Looks like a really cool class! Love the front entry and all the neat finds you and Rick found on your forays! And certainly can't wait to see what's in store for your summer release!

Rich Boden said...

Love your flowers - Gaia is always so generous to us, isn't she? I paint a small botanical sketch every night before bed with a strict 10 min limit to calm me down - I hashtag them #bedtimebotanical.

If you have flower photos you don't intend to use anything, put them onto paintmyphoto - it's a great website you can use to share flowers with artists who paint them and then show you the paintings - it's a really nice community too. I've been using it to paint from for ages but I've only recently been giving them my photos - amazing how a little snapshot can really help a beginner.
r
PS: I've got a VecchiHaul planned of Archival inks very soon :O)

Lori said...

The house looks awesome with all those flowers!! It's a lot of work, but really rewarding. Have a wonderful weekend!

Caroline D. said...

Loved catching up with all your photos! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

donna said...

Love your house and flowers!!
and I'v missed your posts.....A LOT!!!
donna in ky

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

I haven't visited in a while sorry. Love the flowers and the box is beautiful. I have a little red wagon to..what a friend she is to.
hugs