here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, September 16, 2016

second Dina face...studio 490 style

happy weekend friends!

first of all...

THANK YOU 
to everyone who attended my class and make & take at the Collin's event in Orlando last weekend...

it was FUN to catch up with
 store owner friends again & talk about inks, stamps & stencils!

I'm off to teach this weekend at 
Memory Bound, in Ankeny, Iowa...
I'm expecting a full house & lots of fun...

before I go,
I wanted to share another Dina face
done studio 490 style...


this sample is on a specialty stamping paper 

I sprayed it with violet & leaf green archival sprays...
here's the scoop on making them...

I used the new cable knit stencil & with a blending tool that was moistened with rubbing alcohol, I rubbed thru the stencil
 to lighten the color...

I stamped the face with black soot archival, 
then embossed it with clear powder...

the leaves were stenciled with leaf green...
I added a bit of tea rose to accent her cheek...
and red geranium to add color to her lips...

in the background you'll see "cracks" from the new all cracked up background...
I used violet for them...

the flower and bow created her hat...

was inked with red geranium & pressed onto the 
the "roses" fit well on the heart...
it's a great (new fav) text background!

"forever" was stenciled with my new 
FAVORITE

and here's the coordinating partner...

I added red geranium
and white pen dots to add highlights...

just a little pen stitching detail...

20 minutes of pure FUN...

here she is...
very simple...
but I really enjoyed this playtime...



and here's a side shot...
I like the shiny embossed image...
you can see the cracks & the cable knit stencil in the background...


sometimes it's fun to have no agenda...
just the desire to test drive a new stamp and...

make art!
wendy

7 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I absolutely love what you have done with the Dina Wakley stamps, Wendy. Thank you for this inspiration. I am going to be doing a Dina Wakley Friday Focus in a couple of weeks over at Frilly and Funkie. I love her art but it's not really my crafting style so I was wondering what I could do with her products. You have really solved my dilemma and now I can't wait to get started on a project with a fusion of Dina and Wendy styles - yay!!

Hugs,
Linda

Sue said...

Another lovely piece!

Dorothy said...

Another masterpiece!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

She's gorgeous and artsy, and the color placement under her face is perfect! LOVE this!!!! Have a great trip!

Annie said...

Just gorgeous and looks like so much fun to make. I just bought your Seclect A Stencil yesterday at a scrapbook show and I can't wait to try it.
Annie

Dina said...

I adore, adore, adore this!! You are so talented!

Marci said...

I really like this one, too!