Thursday, November 8, 2007
Lessons learned on Thursday...
Here's a look @ a store sample, done with an acrylic tag and rub-ons from 7 gypsies, Fontwerks and Maya Road. These are the 10 things I learned today...
1. God did not create all rub-ons equal. Being a rubber stamper, I had very little experience with them, so this was a HARD lesson learned. I won't name the bad ones, maybe they work on paper or maybe they are 100% JUNK......but I did find out that Maya Road, Daisy D's, 7 gypsies , Fontwerks and Basic Grey work very well on acrylic. I have some other well known brands that I've not tried yet...but I will.
2. Some rub-ons just flake off or just fall off the protective paper when you LQQK @ them. That made me upset.
3. Some rub-ons can be removed by wiping them with window cleaner.
4. Some can be removed only with rubbing alcohol or by scraping them off. I tried Goo-Gone too...
5. Acrylic attracts fingerprints. Imagine that!
6. Acrylic projects are not easy to photograph.
7. Some rub-ons are black on both sides and some are not. Sometimes this matters...sometimes not.
8. Words & numbers MUST go on the front of acrylic.
9. Patterns, flowers, designs and other things can be applied to the back of the acrylic to create dimension.
10. Acrylic is FUN and WAYYYYY different than paper!
ps...I'm STILL looking for "e", who posted on October 31st @ 6:28pm...I'd like to get the last prize shipped! Please send me your mailing address. THANKS!
CSI tonight!! 2 hour episode...Sure hope it's better than last week.