here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, February 1, 2010

the CHA story continues...

Happy Monday...better yet...

HAPPY FEB 1st!

Only 90 days 'til we have the possibility of decent weather.

Not that I'm counting! GEEZ!

Here's a few more CHA photos that turned out...

This was my first project for tim, using his new papers...
It's kind of hard to see...
but the ticket border is layered @ different levels...FUN!

LOVE the memo pin...

LOVE his buttons...

I may be a little prejudice, but...
LOVE LOVE LOVE my new stamps too...



BEWARE...this next photo is SHOCKING...

It's a project that I did for Ranger and it does NOT have a flower...

I had a cool idea & chopped off a bit of the swivel clasp to make a fish hook...pretty cool huh?

Good idea for a guy card...

The bubbles are glossy accents...

perfect for dimension & a little shine...

and you know I LOVE the snaps...
(they're discontinued...boohoo) but...

I found that they still have them for sale here...



Here's a better peek @ the fish.
He's stamped on grungepaper, distress inked & then he was painted with Rock Candy Crackle paint...

The base is Picket fence crackle paint...
inked with lots of alcohol ink colors...on top...

I covered the bottom with Perfect Medium...
I just pressed the pad on the base & then sprinkled on walnut distress embossing powder...
I wanted it to look like sand...

I use the Perfect Medium for watermarks and for embossing too.
It's really sticky & holds the embossing powder really well...just my preference. I really like it...A LOT...





Another project for tim's idea-ology booth...

his new paper...
and the flower is his new Sizzix die cuts...
OMG..I'll be getting every bloody one and the embossing folders too...I CAN'T WAIT!

Again...more new studio 490 stamps...



OMG...I need a MILLION of those buttons...
ok...2 million...I can't run out!

I LOVE his new charms too, because that all have a flat back...
which makes it soooooo easy to glue in place...

but on this one, I attached the heart with a memo pin & some jump rings...


The corners were the perfect finish detail for the canvas...



OK...the word is out...some stores have my new stamps!!! YIPPEE!

These stores are taking pre=orders here...and here...

They were both @ CHA & placed orders the first day...
so they'll be first on the shipping list...

I'm expecting the book to arrive here in about 2 weeks...fingers crossed! I'll let you know...


I had several requests again while I was gone to buy the new distress inks...
I don't sell them...I only sell my books...

but...pre=orders are being taken here & here...

I'm expecting they'll have them in about 2 weeks or less...
get the reinkers too...
I'm just sayin'...you'll be using them...LOTS!

I spent yesterday making orders for class supplies...

all new classes are being designed...

and I'm hoping to have them ready in about 10 days...

Just as soon as I have my convention schedule from Ted & Michelle, I'll be working on the rest of the teaching schedule...

For sure I'll be @ Carson, Ca in March & a Columbus Ohio convention later in March too.
YIPPEE!!

That's all I can remember in the near future...oh...wait...
Scrapbook Friendz' in Bloomington Illinois on February 27th...

before I go...
Rick chose a random comment...

I have a copy of book #2 for...

Julie said...
Congratulations to all the winners! Wendy, you have a really big heart!! Love that booth sign too. Will there be any extra large stamps in the future?? Love the texture you got with the wax!
January 30, 2010 10:02 AM

So...JULIE CONGRATS!! Send your mailing info & I'll send you a copy!

And about those extra large stamps...
how large are you thinking???

I still need to hear from 1 of Friday's winners.
We'll give you until tomorrow...
here's the comment again...
9. Chelle said...
i love them all...of course! if i had to pick one, it is 'just sew artsy'...loved watching you demo with the stitched borders today at CHA...lovely! thank you for my tag, you are amazing and truly inspiring!chelleJanuary 26, 2010 1:10 AM

Back tomorrow with more photos...

Now it's time to...
make art!
wendy

60 comments:

Chirpin Is Fun said...

Love, love, love all the new projects you have done. Hopefully, some of them will become classes...Peoria, maybe? Soon? Yes? Please!?

Janene said...

Love the projects!!! Of course I love them -you did them! Very cute idea for the swivel clasp. Now I need to find a fish stamp. :) Hope you got my email for the stamps (thanks again for the awesome giveaway)

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! I don't even have to see the project to circle Feb. 27, at Scrapbook Friend'z. Will your new book be in so you can sign it for us? [please :)]

SusanK said...

Awesome pics, Miss Wendy! They may not all turn out good but the ones that do, Wowza! Love that fish - who makes him??? Thank you for some masculine insight - always a challenge.

Unknown said...

MMMMmmm ... I wonder if there is time to run up the registry office and change my name to Chelle before the cut off expires for the competition!

Darn ... Did I think that out loud :0)

Great samples Mrs Vecchi as always and I am waving to Rick so he remembers my name next time he picks a random winner *wink*

dblanken said...

Your projects are always so cute - I will be getting ALL of your stamps in the next day or two - my scrapbook store should have them in and I pre-ordered all of them - I hope your book comes in too - A MUST HAVE FOR ME TOO.

Unknown said...

I love the fish art. My husband 2nd love is fishing. Sometimes I think it is his first love. I will be working on that idea. Thanks,
Sue

Nancy said...

LoveLoveLoveLoveLOVE everything you've created! How is that possible??? Oh, yeah - you are THE bomb! I adore the blue (canvas?) with the red flower ... yep, I know just who I'd make it for.
And you'll be HERE again this March?!?!!??! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll REALLY try NOT to act like a starstruck teenager again! *lol*

Helena said...

I looooooooove that blue canvas! It's adorable. I love also the fish-y one :)

Springy greetings from Rome!

Lori said...

Just love the projects you made, that fish project is just way too friggin creative! I want it!

Colleen said...

Such awesome work. I would love to see everything in person. Hoping that weather starts getting better long before another 90 days. I am hoping for a few sneak peaks of decent stuff in March, tired of being frozen

Liz in MO said...

wow. love the stuff!!! I can't wait to get your new book! that fish thing is way cool.

Renee said...

Hi there.
Love the new projects. It was fun meeting you in Tim's class and seeing you in the booth at CHA. Now I just have to see how the photos came out...if we look cute I'll send them to you.
Have a wonderful week!!!

Gillian McMurray said...

I just pre-ordered a set of new stamps and your new book today. Can't wait! Your samples here are gorgeous. Really love Tim's flowers.

carpediem said...

ok maybe I missed something....that fish isn't a Studio 490 stamp is it? love that project wendy! also, tim's new sizzix flower die is definitely a must have!!!

Nancy D. said...

Love all your new stamps!..so glad to hear you'll be in Carson next month! I'll get to see you again!

Linda said...

Love the fish art!!!! You are SO creative. Can't wait for all the new products to reach stores.

Congratulations Julie!

Linda

Anonymous said...

love ..love..love those projects...'specially the fishy one!

Bethan

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooh these r soooooooo pretty! fishes n bottles and ink and more! luvvvvvvvv em! I have preordered your stamps too..from Croppinsville.com...I hope they get here sooooooon! wish you were coming to MI! but ..teach us what you can here ...I appreciate your tips! and your art heart! xo Cher

Elaine A said...

Wendy -

Your piece with the fish is so different from what you usually create. But I really like it, what a wonderful job you've done on capturing the atmosphere of the deep sea!

Elaine Allen

Debby said...

Thanks for the pictures. Now I have to call Scrapbookfriendz to sign up for your class!

Hetty Prins said...

Oh what a great projects !
lucky we have the possibility to pre-order in my favourite shop in Ede (Nederland)
I just pre-orderd them all :)
to compleet my collection !
thank for making the new book.

Dianal said...

Wow love all these projects, sorry I should say ART ... love em all. Glad to see we have something masculine ... the fish is just the thing!! Thanks for sharing.

Betty said...

Yippee! So glad you're going to be at the Carson convention. Just marked the dates on my calendar. Looking forward to seeing you there. Thanks for sharing your great projects.

Cim Allen said...

Congrats to all the winners !! Thanks for sharing so much with us .. I was shocked that the fish had no flower !!! I love your flowers :)

Anita said...

Wow! These are amazing projects. TFS!

KAT said...

Love those CHA samples! The colors of the first, the net and the fish AND love how you added the trinket heart to your project!!!

BUT more importantly - where in Columbus Ohio - I live in Ohio - so please where??????

BTW - I already have your new It's Face Art Set... My LSS (Stamplistic) brought some back from CHA.... Yeahhhhhhhh - it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love that fish! Would you believe this city girl actually enjoys going fishing?
Congrats to Julie on winning the new book!
I got Book 1 from you last time, Wendy, cuz I wanted it autographed. Will you be doing that again?
Eileen in NYC

Elisabeth said...

Oh my all this lovely eye candy, Visiting your blog is so good for the creative soul! That fish scene is absolutely fabulous!!! Can't wait till you visit Buffalo Stamps again!

Tona said...

Love all of your projects!
Congrats to your winner.

somebody who needs to love herself said...

love all your new stamps can't wait to get them!

I use perfect medium for embossing as well..for me they just sticks better.

great tips, ideas, inspiration

thanks

Shelley Haganman said...

Congrats on your new book Wendy! I so love your new stamps and am going to order some!! Keep creating girl!!!

mamakat said...

Beautiful samples, Wendy. I can't wait to play with those memo pins. I see lots and lots of butterflies hovering in my near futue!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!!! i LOVE that fish!!! so creative!!! all of the samples with the new products are to die for!!! so exciting!

and, YAY!!!! i won, whooohoooo!!!!
thank you so much!!!!
email sent!
chelle

Dawn said...

Wendy- OMG the fish is beautiful! I love the sand texture on the bottom and the clasp as a fish hook= you are toooo clever. Thanks for making art!
Hugs from the beach
Dawn in Sc

Unknown said...

Wendy, I love, love, LOVE the samples you made! I'm so psyched to get your book #2!!!!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Oooo, that flower is gorgeous. I can't wait to get my hands on those new sizzix dies.

2amscrapper said...

Wendy, you know I love EVERYTHING that you do, but I'm just nuts over that "fish" project--great details--love the fish hook.

Kathy said...

Great projects-that fish is too cute! As I said...you are an inspiration.
kathy m

Denise G said...

So love these projects and everything else that you have posted recently. Happy Feb 1st! Can you believe it? Anyway, off to check out who has your stamps already!! Have to get some too!

jan metcalf said...

Your projects are wonderful, your inspiration delightful, and I am so glad you are back to blog!!

Vicki in MD said...

you are so creative - love the fish and hook. and a flower would just not look right with the fish. Thanks for sharing more of your great work - will you be anywhere on the east coast? I hope so - tell Ted you want to come to the Ocean City Convention in May........

Sue McGettigan said...

Go Wendy!! LOVE your fun projects, and your enthusiasm - see you at Carson in March :)

The Paper Princess said...

I'm so excited to get your book & stamps to use with grungeboard, new idealology line with Tim's new sizzix line! Talk about crafting heaven! Thanks for all the awesome inspiration & products.

Julie said...

WOW!! Thank You Rick for choosing my comment and thank you Wendy for a copy of your BOOK #2!!!! I will email my address.

I'm thinking Extra Large flower stamps like life size or bigger for making wreaths, home deco projects. Hey, one can dream can't they?

I hope you will be teaching at Orlando StampFest again this year!!

slbt17 said...

oh Wendy your art is wonderful! Thanks for sharing and all the inspiration!
Sandra

Susan said...

Great projects Wendy. Love the fish and the flower is awesome! Can't wait til my local store gets your stamps in!
Susan

Rockin Robin Caldwell said...

Ohhhh...yummy!!! LOVE all the projects, but especially the one with the fish!! It's so textural..makes me want to touch it!! OMG..all these new goodies that I just gotta have!! Can't wait to shop. Rockin Robin Caldwell

Michele K said...

You amaze me again Wendy! I cannot get over how real the fish looks. How cool! I love all the samples! Thanks for sharing!

michelle said...

Oh those are wonderful projects and the fish hook how perfect!

funkycrafter said...

love the fish. always looking for my older male relatives. this is perfect. if i can get one to look half as good as yours i will be a happy camper.

Anonymous said...

Hi...me again....so where do you get those birds that you alter? have alink? ty

Sabine said...

Your project are awsome. I love the fish and the flowers and your stamps.......can´t wait to see more!

pickles99 said...

the fish project is simply fabulous! all that texture! but, i simply love what you did with tim's flower dies and all your background stamps. i'm always amazed at how many background stamps you use on a project...incredible!

Art By Wanda said...

Awesome projects!!! Love the fish one... it IS perfect for a guy!! I am now hooked on the memo pins!! Wasn't even sure I was interested before, lolol.

Courtney said...

Love those ticket stamps!

nonnie said...

love the fish...

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous ;) and the fish hook is very cool and very clever :)
Anne xx

Unknown said...

Loving the fish hook ... yes, now that I am over the shock of you not using a flower! LOL!!!

Gorgeous as always! Love seeing your stuff and was thrilled to see it in person at CHA!

Unknown said...

Oh! I just love, love, LOVE that fish card you made! Pure genious cutting the clasp to make a fish hook! You should head out of your 'flower comfort zone' more often!--Stephanie