here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

a star is born...

oops...

TYPO...

a STORE is born...

and actually...
there's 2!

the first is my new HOME store...
it just opened a few weeks ago...

just 70 miles from here...

I LOVE that I can drive there & avoid the airport madness...

Amy also has a store, by the same name, in Moline, Illinois.
I taught there back in May...
and LOVED it...

it is STOCKED to the max...very neat & organized...

I'm expecting the same in Bloomington...

I'll be there this Saturday (OCT 29th) for a workshop called...
the artist collectible shelf...

we use art parts to construct this project from scratch & then make embellishments too...

the. cutest. shelf. ever.

in this workshop we even make our own custom background, using Claudine's sticky back canvas, her gesso & tim's distress stains & inks...

oh...and then we stamp over it using my giant background stamps...

I recently taught this class in NY & Maryland & what was really exciting @ those 2 stores, was seeing the creation of each attendee...

everyone had access to the same ingredients, but each had a totally different result...

and each was totally wonderful...

it's fun to try new things...

I'll try to do a video about this soon...-ish...

anyway...
here's the project & I hope you can come join the fun...

& spend the day getting inky, visiting with friends, learning something new...

making ART & having lunch brought to us!
perfect!



now for the SECOND new store...

If you check the top right sidebar...


this makes me happy...

since the response to the hoodies has been so great...

THANK YOU ALL...

the graphic design folks have set up a mini store, to make ordering EASIER & QUICKER for you...

now instead of sending the hoodies/totes to me
in Illinois, from Arizona...

the order gets shipped directly to you...

I'm thinking that will save a week! YIPPEE...
I hate to wait!

it's simple...
just click the hoodie & you'll be magically transported to see the color choices & the sizes available...

I have also added a really cool tote...

I HAD 2 samples...gave them away...

NOTE TO SELF...

NEED to order another for ME...

they too are the pigment brand...sort of worn looking...
with the same graphic...
they are excellent quality too...
nice straps...durable heavy material...

the teal color is much prettier in person...
MUCH!

oh...I see they added more color choices for the tote too...
cool!

(hint...great gifts for friends!) and since Christmas is 2 months away...
YIKES!

let the shopping begin!

ok..I'm off to put the finishing touches on some ***things***
for CHA...

***they*** are coming along quite nicely...
I'm pleased...so far...
yippee!

as always...

I hope you have time to...

make art!
wendy

17 comments:

Dawn B. said...

I can't wait to get my hoodie! Hm, now I may just have to have a tote bag too.
Absolutely love the shelf project! Such a great use of so many products.

Nannie of 3 said...

Can't wait for a road trip to the new store. :)

sue said...

Lots of exciting news. Have fun at the new store.

ellen vargo designs said...

I feel very lucky to have been among the first to experience BOTH of these amazing things! The shelf class was awesome, and that tote... adorable! Can't wait to get my hoodie, too. :)
Have a great weekend at the new store!

Ellen xxx

SusanK said...

See you Saturday..you'll love the new store..Amy and crew have done wonderful things already! Matching tote? Oh boy...poor house here I come! lol

Helen said...

The shelf class looked fantastic - and will go check out the totes.

Hels Sheridan said...

Well Wendy, I am truly honoured to be the very happy owner of the other of the original Tote bags... I love it, I use it all the time, even when I don't need a bag, I take it anyway because people will point and stare and say "there goes the girl (ahem) with the wonderfully unique Tote bag"
THANK YOU... I said it before but... I really really mean it... I was utterly inspired by you, your teaching, your art...everything, the other weekend at The Queen's Ink... any of the ladies attending your classes are in for a REAL treat... can't wait for CHA now... want to see more of your gorgeous art! X

Art By Wanda said...

I'm so glad the hoodies are a hit!!!! Yay!!!! Have fun at the new store... wish I could make a trip but I'm making one the next Saturday to a Vintaj workshop... looking forward to that!!!! (I'm not thinking about the **things** you can't show us.. I'm not!!!!)

Karen Goulet said...

Congratulations on the new store. I would love, love, love to be able to take a workshop with you Wendy. It all looks so amazing. You rock! Karen :)
P.S. I cannot wait to get my hands on a hoodie (oh and a tote too!).

Dorothy said...

Looking forward to the new stamps!!!

Therese said...

OMG........YOU ARE AN AMAZING, LOVING PERSON, WHO IS VERY TALENTED, ARTSY........ I cannot THANK YOU enough for all the help and support you have given me when I needed that special someone...... You, Tim, and stampers anonymous ( Ted, Sue, others )..... You are in great company as well you are a BLESSING to them..... CONGRATULATIONS on your new adventure and now on on to my replacement clothes and bags...... Yay............ HUGS, Therese

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

uuuhhooo now i have to get a tote to match my hoodie,then get another hoodie a different color then a tote to match that hoodie...now look what you've done made a hoodie..tote monster.

rhonda said...

The Hoodie is on my Christmas list!

Debby said...

See you Saturday! Can't wait to have some art time.

Vic said...

I wish I was closer to where you'll be teaching - I'd be there in a heartbeat!

Off to order a hoodie!

Gillian .... said...

Oooo I'm off to look at the hoodie/tote shop, Hels told me all about these yummy goodies, loved the project you taught at Pattis ... tis indeed candy for the eye:) x

Cindyann said...

Hi, Wendy!
Was lucky enough to take your class at TSS in May - looking forward to this Saurday at the Bloomington SS... any chance you'd list the ink colors to be used? I'd like to leave home the blending tools not needed, and maybe not bring all the Inkssentials racks...

(We checked with the store, and they didn't have the list of inks.)

Cindyann