here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, December 2, 2011

just what I like...

a nice (intentionally) blurry photo...
to show you what's happening @ studio 490...

this is what the dining room table looks like...
LOADED with new art parts!

I keep "hinting" that we need to "add on" to the studio...
he thinks I'm kidding...
I'm NOT!


this week I finished 6 projects for book #6...

and the instructions are written too!~
yippee...

I LOVE to ...
make art...

writing the instructions...not so much!

I just realized that good sneak peeks start mid January-ish...
which is only 6 weeks away!

I. CAN. NOT. WAIT. TO. SHOW. YOU.

when creating the projects & working with the new art parts,
I found myself wishing for a smaller Cut N Dry nib...

I have a discovery...

this is my new favorite tool...



the replacement nibs for the alcohol ink fillable pen are exactly what I was looking for...

they accept & apply distress inks perfectly...

I found that the tips don't fray & that the small ones allow you to color in really teeny tiny details very easily...

I'm using one for each color & storing them in a tiny container for reuse...

when I look back on the 6 projects I finished...
I used these nibs on 4 of them...

that's my tip for today!
try it...

I ***think*** you'll be impressed...

ok...gotta run...
project #7 is calling...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend & can take time to

make art!
wendy
ps...GO BEARS!

18 comments:

slbt17 said...

what a tease .... 6 weeks is an eternity!
Sandra ltb
thanks for the tip!

Cim Allen said...

You are so good at keeping the suspence up :) Can't wait to see what you have to offer up in January .. thanks for the tip, I'll have to try those. Thanks .. Happy Friday Wendy !
GO PAC :)

ellen vargo designs said...

Awww. you poor thing. if it's killing you that much to wait to show us.... we'd be ok if you just went ahead with the sneak peaks... we won't tell... promise! (hahaha)... that dining room table looks very full! can't wait to see the focus-ed version! great tip on the teeny nibs - have fun with project #7! Me? I'm working on Tag #2! :) have a great weekend...

Ellen xxx

Nannie of 3 said...

You're being a stinker, such a tease! How come our men always think we're not serious when we say we need more room, especially when it comes to our studios. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

SusanK said...

6 weeks? Still? Sigh. What a clever girl you are with this discovery. They would make great stocking stuffers!

Helen said...

6 Weeks sounds like much too long to me, but not when you say it's mid January - yikes, it's true, time DOES fly.... I'll come and write the instructions for you, no worries... on my way - first flight outta here!!

sue said...

thanks for the tip(s). LOL waiting for the new art and books.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a wait! Thanks for the tip tip, too!

Cher said...

oh hurry up lol

Debby said...

Yippeee there is going to be another book. That is a great reveal. Have fun with those art parts!

Angie Lentz said...

Ok what is it with you,Tim Holtz and Mario that you feel the need to tease us so much? A blurry picture come on now. And you won't even show us till January :(. Well I guess if you are going to make us wait!!!

Shannon said...

Hi Wendy, I just wanted to tell you and your family "Happy Holidays." I'm quite sure this coming year will be even bigger and better for , you just keep growing and your products just keep on getting better and better. I wish I could describe to you just how much inspiration I get from you, but I can't, it's really amazing.

Art By Wanda said...

Great tip!!!! Those 6 weeks will be gone in a flash -zoom-.. looking forward to the peeks!!!

Tona said...

Love those taller nibs.
Can't wait to start seeing your sneak peeks. :)

octlove said...

6 weeks?!!?...that is just cruel & unusual punishment:)

love the idea of using the alcohol ink fillable pen nibs with the distress inks…sure I have some of those hidden somewhere!

Dorothy said...

Great idea using the nibs!
Looking forward to seeing what ya got coming!

Karen Goulet said...

Thanks for the tip about the pen nibs. My suspense is building up for the next batch of art parts and all the new products you will create. Karen :)

Marilyn C. said...

thanks for the tip on nibs - great idea.