here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Saturday, November 26, 2011

happy Saturday & happy holidays!

here's Lisa's dapper dude project, in full...

just in time to say...

happy holidays...


this was another very fun piece to make...

the base that you can barely see is a large creative cover...
it's peeking out from under the scallops...

I added the square art parts base & frame to the center & a large art parts scallop to each side...

it sort of reminds me of a window with shutters...

it's very dimensional & stands alone quite nicely...

other art parts used are the small truck, the lamp post & the picket fence...

I used grungeboard to die cut tim's large pine tree
as always...in love with minis...

they were inked with peeled paint distress stain, then shaded with forest moss & a bit of walnut stain...

I like mixing art parts, grunge & CFA...
I think the different thicknesses of materials add interest...

the large square frame was randomly painted with the black paint dabber & then inked with brushed corduroy & walnut stain...

I used jet black archival to stamp over the entire frame with this medicine label stamp...
then added a bit of gold, with the paint dabber to the edges of the frame...

I used Glue N Seal to add some crowded attic paper to my Clearly for Art...

then stamped the dude with jet black and inked him with the new festive berries distress ink...
it's an awesome color & I see it's ON SALE!!!

by stamping the dude on CFA, I could heat him & shape him to make him rounded & very dimensional...
and even though he is paper, now he's very sturdy...

I stamped an extra collar & pocket to add more layers...
small details, but they do add to the finished piece...

the white cuffs and shirt were accented

Lisa's bird is also stamped on CFA covered with paper & inked with broken china...

again, this allowed me to shape the wings & tail feathers
and not worry about the pieces being damaged or broken...

the paper background in the square frame is also from the crowded attic paper stash...

here's a better look @ the dude...




hmmm...

what else did I forget?

the scallop art parts are inked with brushed corduroy distress stain & stamped with the spatter stamp...

the fence is stamped with the houndstooth, using jet black...

the tiny bit of shimmer on the lamp post is rock candy distress stickles...

the rhinestone trim @ the top is a purchase from my recent teaching weekend @ Queen's Ink...
not sure who makes it, but I thought it was pretty cool...

HUGE CONGRATS to Lisa & Pink Persimmon...
wishing you tons of success...

ok...

gotta run...
if I seem rushed...I am...

my NEW STAMPS arrived yesterday & I'm happy to report that each & every one has met the jet black archival ink pad...

and the stamps with the coordinating art parts have all been test driven & are totally flipping cool...

I am seriously IN LOVE with this new release!

now I'm headed to the studio...

I GOTTA...

make art!
wendy
ps...go BEARS!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great piece! All the details are super.

Helen said...

I love Dapper Guy - he is cool! Gret piece. Bring on the sneak peaks...!!!

Debby said...

Way cool piece. Thanks for sharing with us Wendy. It will be fun to see what you are creating.

Cim Allen said...

Cool project, love the robe :) Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend Wendy.

Dorothy said...

Amazing!!

SusanK said...

Fab job using all your stamps, Art Parts and Clearly for Art along with Lisa's new stamps! Can't wait to see your newest release...any sneak peaks before the end of January? Or hints of things to come? I am the queen of impatience! lol

sue said...

How long do we have to wait for the revel of your new stamps and art parts?

octlove said...

what a great project!

Can't wait to see your new stamps...better start saving my pennies now:)

Heidi said...

So looking forward to the time you can share all the "new" stamps and stuff! And your newest art is awesome!

slbt17 said...

what fun! I have just finished a major project and have time to play now, I mean make art ... time to plan for Christmas!
Sandra ltb

Cher said...

u know the suspense just killlllllllllls me Ms. Wendy...but so love the project posted...on my wish list for sure...

2amscrapper said...

I love this, Wendy. I've visited here a couple of times to look at it. I love this particular dude of Lisa's. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Candy C said...

Beautiful creation, Wendy! It looks so Christmas-ish. Love it. <3 Candy

Art By Wanda said...

You are seriously in love with every release!!! Fabulous project!!! Looking forward to when the sneak peeks start!!!!

Kathy Eddy said...

Wow, this is an amazing piece Wendy!

Kirsten Alicia said...

That's terrific, I love the different elements.

Linda Beeson said...

Is that the cutest little scene - so homey!