here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

a surprise for Lisa...

late yesterday afternoon, I got Lisa's new stamps in the mail...


I immediately wanted to text her to tell her that I got them & LOVED them, but then thought I'd just make a little something & surprise her...

so this morning, on my coffee break,
I made her this ATC...


sorry...no step out photos...

but here's a quick review of how it's made...

I covered an ART PARTS ATC with a scrap of tim's crowded attic paper...

the paper was originally off white-ish...
I inked the paper with weathered wood distress stain, dried it, then added shading to the edges with brushed corduroy & walnut stain, using the blending tool...

I also used the gold paint dabber lightly around the ATC edge...
a tiny simple detail...that I LOVE...

using jet black archival, I stamped the entire stamp on the ATC...

then I stamped it the second time on another crowded attic scrap, but this time I cut out just the corset & the cherub to use...

I used a Cut N Dry nib with fired brick to add color to the back trim portion of the corset...

and a bit of brushed corduroy to the back corset section & the cherubs face...

and I also used the nib with fired brick to add a bit of blush to the face...

and a nib to add peeled paint to the wings...

& glued it over the corresponding section on the ATC...

then I adhered another scrap of paper to Clearly For Art (CFA), with Glue N Seal...
& stamped the image for the 3rd time, again with jet black...

I cut out just the front part of the corset this time...

I inked the corset with brushed corduroy, used the nib again to add fired brick to the trim...

I heated the CFA to shape it & make it dimensional, then glued it over the corresponding portion of the stamp...
with a grunge scrap under it for a good gluing surface...

the left over paper/CFA scrap was used to make the really tiny bow under the cherubs chin & it's attached with a mini fastener...

I gently RIPPED a tiny bit of greens from a family room decor piece...
no one will ever notice it's gone!

& glued that between the corset layers...

I used the black Sakura Glaze pen to add dots to the trim & on either side of the corset...

I LOVE these pens!
it's so MUCH easier to make tiny raised dots, than to glue a million mini rhinestones!

trust me!

the final detail is 2 snaps glued to the corners...
tim discontinued these without consulting me...can you imagine?
I'm seriously considering a write-in campaign for a re-release...

here's a look @ the dimension from the molded CFA...

it's a nice sturdy ATC now!



Lisa...I LOVE your stamps & had a blast surprising you!
so glad you liked it!

in other breaking news...
28 pounds of brand new ART PARTS arrived today!

OMG...way cuter than I expected...it's like Christmas here!

I'm out of my mind excited & DYING to get the stamps that coordinate with them so that I can...

make art!
wendy

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous ATC The Wendy Vecchi ... I LOVE it!

Hels Sheridan said...

Corrrrrrrrrrrrr, this is LUSH!!! Loving what you did with the new stamps... and 28pounds of Art Parts... ohlallaaaaa, wish I could see them already! x

Marilyn C. said...

How about a peek at the new art parts? Can't wait to see what art you make.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I wish I could touch this and really feel the texture! It is so fantastic!!!

Gillian .... said...

Love your surprise for Lisa, that is one beautiful stamp. 28 Art Parts ... oh here we go, need them all I'm sure! x

Lesley said...

Fabby ATC.....tis bootiful!!
Quiye tempted to get out the kitchen scales, just to see hoe much art parts we talking about here!!! Sooooo excited!!!

Dorothy said...

I love this and especially the greens...no one will notice...love it!

Tara C. said...

I am in love with this stamp!!! Can't wait to see all the new parts coming up!!!

Vicki in MD said...

what a wonderful way to share with your friend - this ATC is amazing. I've been in love with Sakura glaze pens for years and have led others to my passion. They are the best - thanks for sharing another great piece.

ellen vargo designs said...

Absolutely beautiful.... not that I'm surprised.... :) Beautiful gift for Lisa! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lisa M, Pace said...

I cannot take it... this is the best surprise ever!!! I love what you created but then again I love everything you create!!! Thank you so much!

Nancy said...

How VERY cool!! I'm going to have to try something similar with your stamp now... yum!

Martha Richardson said...

You MAKE ART beautiful!

Marijane said...

Great stamps Lisa and great ATC Wendy!!! Thanks so much for detailing the steps to make this darling piece of art. I can't wait to see your new Art Parts.

Cher said...

its wonderful wendy...and I will trade u an ATC anytime ...I absolutely love her new stamps...EVERY SINGLE ONE and told her so on her blog...Im saving up cuz ...im going broke on all these great stamps! lol...cannot wait to see all your new goods..xo

sue said...

Very cute, can't wait to see the new line.

michelle said...

That is an amazing ATC love all that layers and the stamp is really to die for! 28 pounds of new art parts what a joyful moment that must of been!

SusanK said...

It's all 'you' with Lisa's images - rock on! You make a great team and I can see how well her images and yours will work together. Woohoo!

Helen said...

Fab ATC and Lisa's stamps look 'must haves' too... can't wait to see the art parts - properly, lol!!!

Helena Virpi said...

Wendy, that is one gorgeous ATC!
and those stamps from Lisa are awesome!

hugs
Helena

Debby said...

Gorgeous ATC! Can't wait to see what you will do with the new art parts and stamps. But I know those reveals are a looong way off. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Rick.

Anonymous said...

Wow, thatturned out great! Lisa's stamps are wonderful!

khushifairy said...

hey, the title on the top is not detectable. you should have placed the green leaves somewhere else.

valentine gifts pakistan

Karen Goulet said...

That is a gorgeous ATC. I love that you did that for Lisa. Congratulations to her again! Wow...28 pounds of art parts..I wouldn't mind having a pound or two..no calories. Thank you for sharing all the great techniques!
Karen :)

Nancy Wethington said...

OMG I love this piece! Perfect combination!

Linda Beeson said...

Oh so pretty! It is amazing reading all of the steps you used!