here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Saturday, February 4, 2012

CHA W 12...where do I start?

I sat down to write this post yesterday, but couldn't decide where to begin...

so today, I'll just post lots of random thoughts...

CHA exceeded my wildest expectations...
I was completely blown away by the response to my new stamps, book 6, new art parts & my new Blossom Bucket line...

to all who attended,
please accept my sincere THANK YOU
for your kind words & ORDERS!!!!
WOW!

it was a WILD & CRAZY show...
I spent my time between the Ranger booth,
Stampers Anonymous & Blossom Bucket...
and I LOVED every single minute!

I LOVE that friends from all over the world attended...

I find it amazing that the love of art
changes complete strangers into friends...
this is AWESOME beyond words...

the demos were so much fun & we had so many laughs...
I heard that you learned lots...

THANKS to ALL!

on Monday, I did a book signing
in the Stampers Anonymous booth...

I didn't really give it much thought before the show...
too busy I guess...
but as I was walking over to the booth, I thought...
geez...
I HOPE @ least one or 2 people show up...

as I got closer, I saw a huge line of people...
who then began cheering...

seriously...
I had all I could do NOT to blubber like an idiot...

it totally touched my heart...
and surprised me...

I want you all to know that YOU
gave me a very special memory...
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

working with Tim & the entire Ranger family is soooo much fun...
thanks for having me!
You are THE BEST!

Ted, Michelle & the Stampers Anonymous family were awesome, as usual...
and I SCORED some great giveaways,
thanks to Ted...

now about Blossom Bucket...
Cindy, Jim (her hubby) & I are over the moon with the response to the embellishments...

and GOOD NEWS for my UK friends...
you won't have a long wait to get them...

CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS is our UK distributor
and they will be carrying them all...

so, for stores who were unable to attend CHA,
you can order thru
Creative Expressions @ the STITCHES show
later this month...

if you are in the UK, just let your local store which you'd like & they can order them for you...

you'll receive them in April,
the same time they are released in the USA...

that makes me happy!

Cindy is sending samples of every Blossom Bucket item,
for displaying in the booth...
so store owners can see them in person...

they are also stocking ALL the new stamps, art parts & book 6 too...
Ted sent every stamp & art parts package
& we've shipped tons of art samples too...

when we got this exciting news, Cindy & I tried our best to act professional, but as soon as the booth was empty we were jumping around like 5 year olds...

it wasn't pretty...but it's true...

ok...on to some favorite finds...

the BUZZ @ the show was most definitely
be still my heart...

I can't think of a better word than amazing...
but if I could...
that's the word I would use...


I carried mine on the plane...
& played with them on the way home...
just let me say...IN LOVE!!!

and the great news???


prepare to be amazed...

2 REALLY REALLY cool new releases
are tim's water brushes...

one brush is for very fine detail...
the other has a great large brush,
the brush is 1/2 inch wide...
making it perfect for larger areas & backgrounds...

another IN LOVE...
must have each...


ok...the next item is Ranger's specialty stamping paper...

I have to be honest...
when I first heard about it, I thought...
ok...new paper...
that's nice...

but, when I got to use it...

HOLY FLIPPIN COW...

I am LOVING it!
it's coated on both sides & it accepts all of Ranger's products...
ALL of them...

so...if you have a hard time stamping on glossy paper...
this is what you'll want to use...

I demoed it with the pigment inks...LOVED it...
it's great for alcohol inks & distress too...

and of course...
it's perfect for

I'll be using LOTS of this...

it comes in 8 1/2 X 11 and also ATC's too...

here's something that blew me away...

the story...

keep in mind, manufacturers are not allowed to sell anything...
CHA is orders only...

I was demoing...
I looked up & spotted a lady with a WOW necklace...
so the demo stopped & I asked her about it...
everyone @ the demo table was stunned...

she makes them...

I wanted to place an order...

she just happened to have an extra in her purse...

as soon as my demo time finished, I RAN to get $$ to buy this...


take a look @ this...
it's all soldered silver...

I bet you can see why I fell in love...

a garden motif...
just what I like...

I put it on immediately & wore it every day...
I think she's on her way to jewelry success...

THANKS SALLY! I LOVE IT!


next... a peek @ my Ranger designer challenge...

what I want you to see here is the face...

my initial starting point for this challenge was to make a face...

I realized that ART PARTS
are the exact thickness for Ranger's Memory Frames...
they are a perfect fit...
no glass needed!

so I cut my art chick down to size...
popped her in the frame...
and added some Blossom Bucket lips, a top hat, cool glasses and you'll also see one of tim's new mini gears as the center of my art parts flower...


so that discovery got me thinking...
what other art parts will fit the Memory Frames??

take a look...
and there are a few others too...

so that turned into a Ranger demo...

and I altered the Blossom Bucket button with


that lead to...

I wonder if any Blossom Bucket things fit

ah ha!!! the postmarks...

won't this make a cute bracelet or pendant?



ok...I better quit for today...
don't want your eyeballs in a spasm...

I'll be back on Monday &
I *think* that's when the giveaways will begin...

stay tuned...

enjoy the Superbowl & as always...

make art!
wendy

45 comments:

Helen said...

That necklace really is WOW. Loved to see all the BTS from CHA and I really don't know why you are surprised that your new lines were popular - they are amazing! I am delighted to hear that we will be getting them soon here in England too! Have a great weekend making art - I will be trying to do the same.

Helen said...

Oh, and how flippin wonderful do those art parts look in memory frames...like that a lot!

Hels Sheridan said...

I am literally bouncing up and down on my chair because... I get to see the new stashly goodies... in ... TWO WEEKS TIME!!!! and... I bet if I ask nicely they may let me touch them too!!! I am demoing for CE at Stitches and soooo hope that I get chance to have a good old stroke of all the new finery!! I cannot wait to get my paws on those delish pens.. me needs ALL of those. That necklace Wendy, OMG, I am not surprised you ran to get it.. I am off now to see her blog, thanks for sharing that. LOVE your challenge piece... just sooo cute! Am so chuffed that loads of peeps came to see you and give you some love that you so deserve... Wish I could have been there... next time maybe!! Hugs... enjoy the Superbowl! xx

Tara C. said...

I better run out and buy up all the memory frames I can find-- I have a feeling they will be sell outs everywhere soon!! Love it!! Get some rest u deserve it!! Congrats on a great show!!!

SusanK said...

I could feel your excitement and joy in every word you typed! Thanks for providing us such awesome toys to make art! Can't wait for the giveaways to begin - next week is the *perfect* time, I'm just saying...! Lots of cool ideas, my head hurts! lol

Linda Ledbetter said...

Having been one of those lucky souls standing there cheering at your book signing, I can say with complete sincerity that every single accolade you're given is MORE than deserved. You make it so much fun and so easy to create amazing art. Even the most inexperienced crafter can find confidence using your techniques, and you give the more seasoned artists a lot of awesomeness to aspire to. Meeting you was an absolute delight, and I'm thrilled with your new products! SO MUCH fabulousness!

You're the bomb, girl!

jackib said...

Wendy - loving your new everything! Such a creative artful soul you are!!

Lesley said...

I'm speechless!!! fab blogpost, full of wonderous tales and piccys!!And that necklace is to die for!!You truely desrve all good things that come your way....in my eyes, you're a wee genius!!
Fab news for us UK folk..can't wait!!

Dawn B. said...

Absolutely awesome! Thanks for the CHA recap and so glad everything went well with with the new releases?? Wow! How could it have not as it is all sooooo fantastic! Love that the embellies and art parts fit the frames, such a beat idea! Well, big congrats on your success!! So happy for you! BTW, just got the first art part kit, and might I say it's freakin' fabulous!!!!

sue said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, and a lot of work. Thanks for telling us your story.

Scrapthat said...

It's always great to hear your take on stuff Wendy!
CAN"T WAIT FOR THE NEW RANGER STUFF!!
so excited...can't wait for all the goodies you mentioned actually!
TFS!!

Tona said...

So glad that you had such a fun & successful time at cha.
That necklace is gorgeous by the way. I can see why you had to have it.

Vic said...

I don't have words for all you shared! I love every thing you shared - I hope to meet you in person someday.

Kirsten Alicia said...

I can only imagine how amazing the whole experience was for you & you deserved every minute.

slbt17 said...

Congratulations - glad your new products are a success - thank you for sharing with us.
Love your art.
Sandra ltb

2amscrapper said...

I will be on the look out for the specialty stamping paper. I like the idea of the memory frames fitting the art parts. Fantastic necklace! Thanks for sharing your CHA excitement!

Just call me Silly Sal said...

Wendy - I am blown away. My friend Kathie just called me and told me to read your blog where you reference the necklace I made and you purchased. Thank you for the wonderful comments. I started yesterday to make some more. I have to give Sally Jean credit for all I have learned from her and the cuff I made in her class that I will not copy. But, the heart is my design and the jewelry and findings are "cannabablized" from whatever I can find. Again, Thank you so very much.

Gabrielle said...

Ooh! How blummin' exciting that these goodies we've been drooling over are coming to a store near us soon! Love how you were close to tears at the size of the queue - don't you know we all adore you?! Enjoy a well earned rest - can't wait to see what Wendy does next!

Heidi Crowl said...

Your stamps, your book, art parts, blossom bucket pieces....ALL blew me away at the show. We are so excited to see a wonderful, delightful, superbly talented artist like yourself shine brightly.

Thanks for sharing with us all and taking time to put your thoughts on "paper" on your blog. You make us all feel like welcome friends on this amazing journey.

Big hugs and CONGRATS!!!!

Heidi

Gillian .... said...

You deserve every last second of that cheering/applause Wendy, so touched for you. Glad you had an awesome time at CHA.
Ohhhhh super excited to hear that Creative Expressions will be the UK distributor for the BB embellishment line ... April YEEHA! Must speak to the boss over at Snazzy's lol.

Have a great weekend, enjoy the superbowl :)

salamanda said...

I agree a beautiful necklace and wonderful you received such a wonderful response.

Heidi said...

I had to chuckle to myself...I can hear you saying "HOLY FLIPPIN COW" ! And HELLO... Of course there would be more than 2 people (waiting in line I might add!) at your book signing! I'd have been there...if I had gone to CHA.

I can't wait for your new products to start shipping...and for you to make a another visit to upstate.

Dorothy said...

Wendy! Everything on your bog is WOW!!!!!
I am so glad you are home safe and that you had a blast!!!
Looking forward to getting stuff now!

Cher said...

oh wendy! I just love your posts! so so excited for you...and cannot wait to have some of these very goodies! u KNOW I HAVE TO HAVE THAT POST for MI lol...I love thememory frames already...so bonus! my stash of art parts continues to grow...like a garden :) .. cant wait to order..ty for sharing...xo

Debby said...

Ok sometimes blogger is a royal pain. I typed a nice comment and then it made me log in and then it lost it. Congratulations on your success Wendy! Can't wait to be able to use some of the new products soon. Looking forward to being able to take a class with you in the future!!!

Art By Wanda said...

I am really excited for you!!!! Very happy that everything went soooooooo well!!!! YOU are amazing!!! And so are your wonderful products!!!!!

Jen said...

It was SOOO fun meeting you at CHA, Wendy!! And I'm *still* laughing that I was saying how much I love you, and didn't even realize you were standing right in front of me!! LOL Love all of these ideas, and have been loving looking through Book 6!! Have a great rest of the weekend! xo

Marjie Kemper said...

Great post! And I'm sure you realize now there will always be people lining up to meet you. LOVE the find on art parts fitting in the frames... great idea!

KGumkowski said...

Congratulations on a successful CHA, can't wait to get my distress markers!

Candy Spiegel said...

I'm glad you had such a great time at CHA. I can't wait to get the new goodies!

Anonymous said...

Well, why shouldn't you get applause? I'm clapping my hands right now, awed and amazed at all you had to share with us today. Fantastic!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

WOW! Lots of great news in this post! Congrats on the sell out! That is wonderful! Great idea for the memory frames and Art Parts!

Erin Glee said...

You have had many, many great posts in the last few weeks, but this one was THE BEST! I am so happy and excited for you and all of us FANS that will be getting your new Art stuff soon! This is the stuff Dreams are made of...

Kate Burroughs said...

Congrats Wendy on your success- totally desired. If I had been in line, I would have cheered you too!
Aloha, Kate

jan metcalf said...

Your new necklace is awesome! As are you! So glad CHA was a success!

Unknown said...

Wendy my dear, you are movin' on up in leaps & bounds just like we all knew you'd be! Congratulations on your much deserved success! Now, I'm gonna get ready to go watch my Giants KICK SOME ASS!!!

Elaine A said...

Wendy -

I am so glad you had a great time and I can't wait until everything blogged about is available. Everything just looks wonderful and can't wait to play. And I adore that awesome necklace!

Elaine Allen

AngelicaS said...

Congratulations, sounds like CHA whas
a total succes. Saw youre "mannequin"
from the designer challenge at the ranger booth on a video at Tim Holtz blog...LOVED IT!! So cool.
Thank you for all the inspiration!!

TheLastOfNine said...

Wish I was there, it sounded like you had tons of fun. Can't wait to see what you make next, specially with the new markers and paper.
GloriaH

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Congrats on the success of all your new stuff.

snazzyoriginal said...

Thoroughly overexcited that all your goodies will be coming to us here in the UK via CE.Can't wait!!!

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Thanks for sharing all the new products ...sounds like you had a blast......I have a very long wish list now x

Wilma said...

I'm so glad that you had e great CHA time. Your products are all must haves...my wish list becomes a never ending list;-) Thanks for sharing!!

Angie Lentz said...

I said it before and I will say it again WOW!! I have a cart full of art parts and stamps at Simon says stamps, the problem I have to "decide" which ones I want first because the bank account won't allow me to have all. It's a hard descion!!