here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, January 26, 2012

now about that Eiffel Tower...

it's coming...LOL!!

but first I wanted to show you a peek inside book #6 to see the new format...

Matt did an awesome job
totally restyling the whole shebang...

I'll let you know when I have them in stock here...

if you're attending CHA...
I'll be doing a book signing in the Stampers Anonymous booth @ 3:30 on MONDAY...
hope to see you there...



OK...the FINALE is today...
new stamp set #14...

and guess what?
it has an Eiffel Tower image...

I know...SHOCKING!

the set is called European art...



the guy is 2 piece art part...
his hat is an extra art part to give him an extra layer...

he's kind of vintage & he works well with steampunk...
I adore him...

THE Eiffel Tower...
I'm thrilled with this image & it's an art part too...
very detailed...
very fun...
very European...

the perfume label...
another flea market find...
& it's from Paris!

it makes a good flower center...
or stamp & punch out several for a border...

he lived an altered existence...
fun for altered/steampunk art...

the metro sign...
is a cool mini art part...
perfect to use with the Eiffel Tower...

now about those next 2 bottles...

my dear friend Lisa Pace has very similar images...
hers are from an 1898 ad...
mine are from the same company...
but from 1902...

they are not sized the same...
they are not the same angle...
but they work together perfectly...
this was NOT planned...

Lisa showed me her images & mine were already sent in ...
I about fainted when I saw her bottles...

guess we like the same things...
friends thru & THRU...

at the bottom of the storage sheet is
the vintage car...
this is soooo cute...
it's a 2 parter...I'll show you in a bit...

now for more Blossom Bucket...

I ADORE these postmarks...
these are actual images from some letters we found @ Rick's aunt's home...
I LOVE to preserve the past...

these guys make a statement...
they're 1/4 inch thick...

I like them for flower centers & just for accents too...
and...
the top 2...
perfect for the jewelry maker...


next are some small scallop circles...
not perfectly round & just a little wonky...
they make good flower centers...

it's fun to put them over a word...
and fill them with Glossy Accents to create custom epoxy embellishments...

I'm using them over eyes too...
to create odd eyeglasses...
FUN!


I liked them so much...
I wanted them in a larger size too...

both sizes come with basic black & brown...


and these are ribbon buttons...

I was always looking for buttons with large holes...
these are perfect for adding ribbon...

they are a basic gray color & can be easily altered...

now for the art parts packages...

I designed 4 large multi layered frames...

first is fancy oval frames...
2 complete frames are in the package & it includes the oval cutout too...

here's the arched frames...
2 compete sets in this package too...

the photo on this package is the #6 book cover photo...

now think about those
Blossom Bucket BLACK METAL CORNERS...
and you'll see that I used one with the
art parts rulers to make a shelf to hold all the art parts...

this was a very fun project...


this just might be my favorite new large frame...
it's the dimensional sign board...

you'll notice on the package that there are 2 boards, but 4 of the top trim & the bottom piece...

this allows us to layer 2 top pieces & 2 @ the bottom...
this makes it very dimensional & the bottom actually creates a little ledge...perfect for holding stuff...

and the last of the new large art parts frames is
the 5 panel frame...

this is great for using up all your small scraps...
use it with or without those inserts...

the inserts can also be used for fun mini projects...

use it horizontally or vertically...



now for the regular size art parts...
you'll see LOTS with coordinating stamps...

with this release, you'll see that we added the coordinating stamp set numbers on each package...

the numbers on each package will tell you what & how many of each art part are included inside...

the first set is...
art school coordinates...
there's the 2 piece pencil sharpener I showed a few days ago...
too cute...
guys...gals & phones...
see the 3 piece phone...
flipping LOVE it MILLIONS!

and FINALLY...
the little art chick is an art part...

I use her frequently...

I'm thrilled that I don't have to cut her out for the 555th time...
I can't wait to show you how I used her for Ranger's designer challenge...

and another FAVORITE...
European coordinates...

there's the 2 part guy & I'll show you how cool the car is..
sometimes I just stamp it...
sometimes I emboss it for a different effect...
VERY fun car!

the bottles have layered crown lids...
which can be used for people crowns too...



no wait...this set is FOR sure my favorite...
art parts gears...

these are 1 inch, 2, 3 & 4 inches...
I have had a BLAST with these guys...

the photo @ the top of the post shows them used to make a stand alone art piece...

I use them for halos...
and the hole allows one of tim's lightbulbs to be inserted & securely glued in place...


@ last count...I used over 20 in projects...

if you don't have them...
you WILL want them...

oh...that handle is fun too...
paint the art part with a metallic paint dabber...
then stamp it with jet black archival...
flipping FUN...




and this set is supplies for art coordinates...
this has the 2 piece rubber stamp art part I showed previously...
and that cute Flo-master ink tin...


the next package has corners & flourishes...
lots of intricate cutting on those flourishes...
good for all the flowers...

and here are Mr & Mrs Worry...
this is people & pointers...
and the final set is ...
NOT just flowers...
this has the 2 part jar...
the small pointed flower worked well as a sun...

and a few peeks before I go...
this is the postmark from Blossom Bucket...
the blue was too bright for my art, so I used Blending Solution...
removed some of the blue & then added some alcohol ink & a bit of archival over that...
LOVE IT!

and see the lightbulb in the gear?

and the handle...?
this time I painted over it with Rock Candy crackle paint...


and I altered this postmark too...
with a bit of
it's a beautiful blue...

and it's got a European name!

and here's what the art parts car looks like...
accented with hitch fasteners...

that one little extra art part piece TOTALLY...
MAKES IT!



I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your kind words...
I *hope* you weren't too traumatized by the peeks & hints...
and blurry photos...

I thank you for popping in, for the tweets, FB comments, emails & for posting comments...

I want you to know that I sincerely appreciate each & EVERY one of you!

I have been asked to post my demo schedule...
so here's where I'll be...

I travel on Friday...
then set up art samples when I get there...
then help with Tim's classes on Saturday & set up my demo supplies after that...

then...
SUNDAY...the show opens...
YIPPEE!
Ranger booth 10-11 and 1-3 DEMOS
Blossom Bucket 11-12 meet & greet
Stampers Anonymous 3:30-5:30 DEMOS

MONDAY...
Ranger booth 10-11 and 1-3 DEMOS
Blossom Bucket 11-12 meet & greet
Stampers Anonymous 3:30-4:30 BOOK SIGNING
Stampers Anonymous 4:30-5:30 DEMOS

TUESDAY...
Ranger booth 10-11 and 1-3 DEMOS
Blossom Bucket 11-12 meet & greet
Stampers Anonymous 3:30-5:30 DEMOS

WEDNESDAY...
Ranger booth 9-1 SWATCH SAMPLES

add in 2 early morning interviews & 3 meetings...
and dinners with my companies & friends...

yep...BUSY...

so that explains why
I probably won't post from CHA...
I always have good intentions,
but time runs out...

but I'll do my best to TWEET...
so if you follow me on Twitter, you just might see some photos...

that's quicker & easier to do on the go...

and speaking of TWITTER...

the "CFA clicker cutts" arrived yesterday...
OMG...now these guys are FUN...

I'll tweet a photo of one of the pages later this morning...

I embossed it with one of
for really great texture...
and click the link...
GREAT sale price!

one more thing...

I got an email yesterday asking how long it takes to get ready for CHA...
is it a year round thing & how many projects am I responsible for...

it's pretty much an everyday thing...
but the 2 months before each show are extra intense...

we already have item's IN THE WORKS for summer...

as for the number of projects...

I had no clue...
my initial guess was maybe 40-ish?

but while I was awake @ 3AM this morning...
uggg...not good...

I started counting what I could think of off the top of my head...

I have over 70 projects done...

I think there are 2 ATC's in the crowd...
no tags that I remember...

and the rest are all layered art parts pieces, with a few REALLY fun...
over the top funky...
arts...

70 pieces explains why I don't COOK!

OK...now it's your turn...

tell me which is your FAVORITE stamp set...
or art parts...
or Blossom Bucket goodie...

I'm interested to hear...

still lots more to accomplish today...

thanks so much for your support!

as always...
I hope YOU can take time to...

make art!
wendy
ps...CHA or BUST!

43 comments:

Cim Allen said...

OMG !! it's so hard to pick just one Wendy. Every scroll I was happy clapping cause I loved each one more than the other. The five part frame is awesome, I can't wait to play with one of those. I better get me another job so I can SHOP !! Super fantastic release .. safe travels to CHA .. have fun, I'll follow on twitter. Thank you for all this crafty goodness you created !

Hels Sheridan said...

COR BLIMEY AND THRICE Wendy Vecchi you have surpassed all expectations and wishes.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE everything... I think if I had to chose the fave stamps would be this set today... as for the Art Parts, cannot chose because I need them all... like...erm... very soon! And the BB ...errrrm.. nope, can't pick a fave from those either...
Have a wonderful time at CHA, I wish I was going so i could come and stalk, I mean see you! Congrats to you... seriously, you are... genius!!! Hugs xxx

Dorothy said...

To pick a favorite is very difficult! I do love all of it!!
Have fun at CHA and be safe!

Martha Richardson said...

That is like asking "who is your favorite child"...I love the organization piece & today it's the steampunk gear set and of course Vol. 6...

Scrapthat said...

You have some SUPER cool stuff coming out Wendy! TFS!
I do love all things flowery but...the air mail stuff is super cool!

Gabrielle said...

Good golly Ms V! You didn't hold back! These are fabulous! So pleased to see the Eiffel Tower in full ;)

So you ask me to choose my faves - and expect me to pick out of all you have created for this year? You are cruel! How about this stamp set as I love each one of those stamps and could see me using them over and over, the Blossom Bucket bottles (or telephone... erm... doubting myself now...) and maybe the frame Art Parts? Or the frames, or the shutters which weren't Art parts but were v cute... too much choice!

sue said...

My favorite stamp set is accents for art. Love all the blossom pieces, and I think the framed art parts. There are so many new products it hard toremember them all. Have fun at CHA.

Kirsten Alicia said...

How can I pick just ONE?? It's impossible. I wanted everythging on yesterday's post & now I want everything on today's.
Have a wonderful time at CHA.

RoxyScraps said...

I cannot wait! Love all the stamps, and all the possibilities with the art parts are mind boggling. I am amazing myself by saying I really love the perfume bottles--not really like me, but speak to me. Thanks for this great collection.

Dawn B. said...

Oh my gosh! I honestly can't pick just one!! Of anything, really! This release is all so amazing! I love sooooo many of the art parts, I can't even count, and that goes for the stamp sets too! I love the new frames, and the metal pieces to make shelves. I love that art girl is an art part too! aLL the embellies are great as well, just can't pick. Fabulous release, it shows the hard work and love you put into this collection! Thanks a bundle for making art that we all can make art with! :-)

Primitive Seasons said...

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy.....you know these "pick your favorite" type of questions are so stressful. Really, how can we possibly pick??? OK, when forced I would say She Spoke Art, the gears Art Parts, and Blossom Bucket I just cannot mention JUST one. How about one of each!?!?@!?$?#?% God bless your creative mind.

Mary

roc said...

everything i've seen so far has been really really wonderful! such great additions to the creative community.

SusanK said...

Sorry, can't do it. No way can I pick 'just one'. As soon as I do, then something else comes to mind. Plenty of creative ideas are flowing - thank you!!!

Helen said...

Well, like the others have already said, I can't pick just one favourite. Just like one day my favourite distress ink is tumbled glass then the next it's wild honey....!
The art parts are ALL fab, but love the steampunk and more from today, plus the not just flowers &the 5 panel frames. Todays stamps are wonderful. Love the look inside the new book - haven't even got book 5 yet (an oversight!) but I will be sure to get this one.

Elaine A said...

Are you nuts Wendy! There is no way I could pick a favorite. I am in love with everything - need it all. But I do have to say, I think you hit it out of the ball park with all your Blossom Bucket Embellishments. I would even go so far as to say, they are like nothing out in the market - just awesome!

Elaine Allen

Vic said...

I couldn't pick a favorite if you held me down and inked me up! I want it all!

Art By Wanda said...

Right off the top of my head I know all the flower related Blossom Buckets are a fav!!!! I'd have to look back through and "try" to decided a favorite for other things - and I don't have time... but you have lots of want-to-have items this time... LOTS!!!!

Gillian .... said...

OMG "The" Wendy Vecchi ... these sneak peaks are above and beyond my my most wildest dreams. I nearly passed out halfway through reading this post ...I don't know how on earth I'm going to choose a fav from all this lot! After much thought lol I think I'm completely in love with European Art stamp set but as far as pinning me down on Art Parts or Blossom Bucket ... I MUST HAVE them all.

Have an awesome time at CHA ... Go rock them! x

Lori said...

There's no way in hell I could pick a fave. But I'm telling you, the new Blossom Bucket stuff is something I'm going to have to have. And some of the new art parts. lol. And stamps. Love the new car, that is too cool!
Have fun at CHA, we'll be watching!

Marjie Kemper said...

"The Frames! The Frames!" (That's my answer, to the tune of Tattoo on Fantasy Island.)

Congrats on all these new releases! Hope you have time for some fun during your busy days at CHA!

jan metcalf said...

Supplies for Art Stamps, or Expressions Stamps or Door parts, so difficult to chose just one Wendy!

salamanda said...

My favourite stamps are European art and voice of art, I love all the art parts and the blossom jars, gears and well all if it really. Thank you so much for sharing.

Bethan said...

crumbs.....choose a favourite....erm...does all ones with Art in the title count!
well IF I HAD to choose..then Flair for Art and Art School for rthe stamps and i loooove the little vintge telelphone and sewing machine!

Have a great CHA!

Mo said...

If I blindly stuck my hand in a bag and came out with any one of your new releases I would be thrilled. Partial to all the stamps, anything to do with bookmaking and that storage unit.
Have a great, successful CHA and take time to enjoy your friends!

Tona said...

Omgosh!!! can I just say that I want it all...
Safe travels!

nonnie said...

eiffel tower stamp set and matching art parts - no questions asked- love them both!

Nurse Ratchet said...

Nope..can't pick a favourite item...but the wee bottle really really intrigues me. Your creativity is awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

bling blossoms !! so cool !!
mary t

Marilyn C. said...

I can't even begin to tell you my favorite. You are amazing - one tireless artist. Just keep 'em coming and coming and coming! Love them all. Very vintage and reminiscent of my early life. Thanks for being YOU!

Cher said...

omgosh! u have soooooo much new stuff for me...err US! Hard ..so hard to pick favs...but..I WILL HAVE the postage as it has DETROIT MI on it lol...my state! I want all the stamps again, but will have to do that gradually lol...your *couple* makes me smile, but I have to have the key...the turn key..and the gears...and oh who am I kidding! will be some nice orders soon enuf! ty Wendy..travel safely...and look forward to your tweets...if I can get twitter to work again! xo

Becky said...

aaaart paaaartssss! (think zombies and brains) I need them ALL they are so flippin' amazing!

Theresa said...

I think my favorite is the art supply stamp set and the art parts to go with it! TOO CUTE!!! There are LOTS of things I am really loving!!

Kathy Eddy said...

Every day I have a new fave. I love the guys, gals, and phones art parts and the French set but soooo m,any others too!

Debby said...

Very busy day so reading this at ten at night. Love this stamp set. This is one huge release and you have done an awesome job! Have a wonderful time at CHa and looking forward to taking a class with you soon!!

slbt17 said...

have fun!
Sandra ltb

octlove said...

wendy – just wanted to say that even though I am ‘late” to the party…I am blown away with all your new stamps, art parts & embellies.

I love the fact that you continue to build on your previous sets [which I just happen to have very single one of!] & you make them all work so well together!!!

Of your new releases I cannot give you a favorite stamp set ‘cause that would be unfair to all the other stamps…but I can tell you that I can’t wait to ink up the gears background with all those doo-hickeys from the Mechanical Art set!

As always I thank you for taking me out of my box & helping me to create art:)

Wilma said...

You are AMAZING!!! Dont't what to order first!!!Want it all!

Karen said...

I love all the brilliance but my fave is definitely the 'European Art' but, hey, I'm English and living in France so I think you made those stamps and art parts just for me! lol.

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! You make it HARDER EVERY year to pick just ONE thing that is my FAVORITE!! =) IMPOSSIBLE!!
I REALLY LOVE all of the embellishments and I'm sure several of them will find themselves with a new home at my house!! I also LOVE the new lace stamp set and the Flower stamp set!! I LOVE several others as well, but those are my MUST haves FIRST!! =) I LOVE the New Frames and I can't wait to try out the Clicker Cutts!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK at CHA and I hope I'll get to see some videos from you at the show!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Redanne said...

I just love the European stamp set, the fancy frame art parts and the cogs art part and.......I could go on! Have fun at CHA.

Kaye said...

I can't choose just one...Not Just Flowers and Guys, Gals and Phones...just adore them. Blossom Bucket embellishments are fab! Can't wait for new book to be available too!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

If i opened a bag of lays potatoe chips can you eat just one? no!thats why they made that add..uummm.
I am so happy for you you deserve all the wonderful fans and friends and success in the universe.Watching someone like you achieve her dreams is wonderment , fun and warms my heart.

susan s.

Elena said...

My favorite art parts (which I have not been able to get is guys,gals and phones and European commection