here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, January 23, 2012

we all NEED...


supplies for ART!



this set of stamps was inspired by our vintage finds...
and it's perfect for mini books...
art journals & dimensional art...

starting @ the top left...
a vintage pen nib label...
works with the pen & the art part pen nib...

3 star label...
punch out the stars to fit tim's charm clips & memo pins...
or use it as a label...
duh...that's obvious...

diamond inks label...
nice size...
about 3 inches tall...
a perfect fit for the

the pen...
it is an art part too & is stinkin'...CUTE!
use the silver dabber on the nib area & ink the rest of the pen...
CUTE!

rubber stamp ink bottle...
yes...I DO have a *thing* for bottles...
this is a cool shape & it's an art part too...

Campana Art Co label...
nice & easy to stamp & cut out...

paint vial...
this is an art part too...
perfect to use alone & it's sized to fit right over the label...

the Flo-master ink can...
I LOVE this thing...
it's an art part too...
I'll show you...

and finally...
the rubber stamp...

this is sooooo fun...
it's a 2 piece art part...

the whole thing is an art part & the second piece fits right over the bottom section...

lookie...

here's what the art parts look like when inked & stamped...

and I've been HOOKED again on embossing...
I bet I've used
on 20 CHA art pieces...

embossing is what HOOKED me to start stamping...
and I think it's still magic when the powder melts...



moving on to today's
BLOSSOM BUCKET beauties...

I am totally IN LOVE with this bouquet...


and the dress form...
perfect for those sewing themed projects...


and all caps...

YES...I'm yelling...

introducing BLACK METAL CORNERS...
also from Blossom Bucket...

now these may not be as cute as the embellishments above...
but I am OVER THE MOON thrilled with them...

use them ONCE & I guarantee you will be addicted...
they have so many fun possibilities...



here's the deal...
the corners come in 2 lengths...
3 1/2 inches & 8 inches...

and I designed them to allow us to create stand alone projects...

and to be able to create sturdy shelves for our art...

they are a nice strong metal...
black on both sides...
dull finish...
exactly what I wanted...

they can be attached by gluing them in place...
they can be attached with brads...
or eyelets...
or glued between art parts ...
think rulers...

need a hole in the corner to hang charms?
tim's drill punch works like a charm...
lol!

need to trim the corner to a custom size?
these corners are easy to trim with tim's tonic scissors...

they were also designed for the products I'll show you tomorrow...

so, in the photo below...

you'll see the
small art parts flower pot, with the BOUQUET...
standing on the black metal corner...
which is the shelf...


if you scroll back up to the colorful art parts photo...
you'll see the corner used as a shelf there too...

but...these corners also allow us to create stand alone art...
perfect for sitting on a shelf, table or mantle...
and it creates the option for more dimensional wall art too...

on the piece below, you don't see the corner...
but it's what connects the art parts together to make a nice sturdy stand alone piece...





so...corners on book covers...
to create standing art...
as shelf supports and I'll show you something REALLY cool tomorrow...

until then...
I'll be

mak(ing) art!
wendy
ps...I'll be waiting to hear what you think!

29 comments:

sue said...

Everything is to cool!!! I don't know what I will buy fisrt. Keep the ideas coming.

Lesley said...

You are a genius Ms Vecchi!!!
Those back metal corners are a huge must have!!! Please say they are shipping really soon!!!?

Dorothy said...

Fantabulous!!!!!

scrappin-scrappin said...

Wow, you have been one busy lady!! I can't believe how much you will be debuting!! It's AMAZING!! Love, love, love it all!! Spectacular Wendy!!

Gabrielle said...

Oh I lurve that stamp set, embellishments and I have a thousand ideas for those corner! You are a genius!!!

Cher said...

yer killing me..what a fab idea!

Wilma said...

WOW....awesome!!! Only looking at it already makes happy..can you imagine how i feel when i get it all at home;-)

Debby said...

Love the new set of stamps! Always with a teaser for tomorrow! We want to see now!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I will have to start selling my body to pay for everything LOL. Love the metal pieces as shelves and the embellishments are fab, I do love my embellishments. Tracy x

Dawn B. said...

This has to be one of my favorites Yet! The stamps can have so many uses, and those embellies? Fabulous! But....those corners!!!! Ingenious! I can see using these for soooooo much stuff, and to make a shelf? Well, just dang ingeniuos I say again! :-)

Sherry Cheever said...

Wendy, you've got a fabulous release. Everything, down to your new embellishments (woohoo for you!) are true perfection! Can't wait to go shopping for new toys!

SusanK said...

Cool vintage finds! And the black metal corners are awesome! Using similar ones in one of your classes, I know these will be over-the-moon perfect!

Helen said...

These are all so fab ! I love the black corners, they will be sooooo useful. Today's stamps look amazing. Now, where can I get all the cash I need to buy this lot...!!

nonnie said...

love those little flowers...nice stamp set too! are the corners thicker than the 7 gypsy corners or the same weight of metal? inquiring minds want to know.

Hels Sheridan said...

oh stop it Wendy... you are killing me with all these gorgeous newbies... and I need them all now... and I am useless with the old patience thing... so... if I point over *there* and you look, I will nip inside your studio and tidy up for you... ahem ;o)) Seriously though... they are all perfection... and I especially lurve that you have the corners... I think you are... genius!!! xxx - i usually do 2 x's - there be an extra one today ... you deserve it!!!!!!!!

Kathy Eddy said...

What a fun set and those corners are sheer brilliance!

Art By Wanda said...

Love that flower bouquet and the metal corners!!! Excited to see that 'something REALLY cool' tomorrow!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.....you're killing me! LOL!

salamanda said...

Love love the stamps and the dress form is just what I need and I just didn't know it until now.

Gillian .... said...

Ohhhh you've done it again Wendy ... drooling again at today's sneak peaks, what's not to LOVE. Freakin-Fan-Tastic. x

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Oh no Wendy what am I to do , what do I buy first out of all These wonderful products it's gonna be a tough choice ......that flower and flower pot are fantastic x

Kirsten Alicia said...

I love the flowers in the pot, but then I love everything you've shown us.

Tona said...

Love it all!!!

Nurse Ratchet said...

Everyday gets better and better!! Tx

Elaine A said...

Wendy -

FABULOUS! I love everything! As the British say, I'm Gobsmacked!!!

Elaine Allen

slbt17 said...

heavy sigh ....
Sandra ltb

jan metcalf said...

Awesome!!

Larissa Heskett said...

AWESOME!! I can't wait to create with it!! =)
Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

I see my future studying the many pieces and plotting my next birthday card...