here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, January 19, 2012

day 9...the voice of art...

thanks so very much for the comments, emails, FB posts & tweets...

I'm THRILLED that you're liking this release...

let me just say...
the best is yet to come...
I had so much fun...
funky to the MAX...

I might save that post for next week...
we'll see what develops...

today we have another set of new stamps...
this set is titled...

the voice of art...




first up is a fun vintage lady...
she is an art part too...
she's a whopping 4 inches tall...

because of her attire...
she fits right in with steampunk...

I immediately thought she looked like a stern teacher...
below she makes an appearance
with yesterdays (art school) stamp set...



the voices only spoke to her...
OMG...I used this the other day
on a REALLY fun & funky piece...
I can not wait to show you...

she thought housework was overrated & certainly NOT for her...
yep...that's me...

this is a good saying to use some of the words individually...

signed, sealed & delivered...
baby I'm yours...
I'll be using this on cards for Rick...

& I've used it with Mr & Mrs Worry...
for funky art...

next is a vintage ink pad...
another flea market find...
I LOVE the graphics on it...
I LOVE that it says St. Louis...

it's simple to cut out & use the whole image...

there's lots of little components that can be used alone too...

...but today...
my favorite thing is to use it
for a background stamp for small art parts...
like flowers...
& the wing below...



and finally a large background stamp...
a vintage receipt...
I girl can NEVER have enough background stamps...

another option is to use just the top portion for a border...

here it is stamped...

hey...GUESS WHAT?

I designed some
Blossom Bucket bottle caps!

I totally flipping love these guys...

I LOVE that they are a dull vintage gold...
I LOVE the dimension...
they are over 1/4 inch thick...
so they don't get lost in
multilayered grungepaper/CFA flowers...

here's the large bottle caps...
I've used them as a flower center right from the package...
I LOVE the worn black center...

you ***might*** have noticed yesterday
that some Blossom Bucket pieces fit in them...
did you?


and they will also be available in a smaller size...
be still my heart!


one of the other things that I have been doing with the bottle caps is punching a circle from an image...

adding that to the bottle caps & then filling them with Glossy Accents, to create custom epoxy embellishments...

LOVE them millions because
you can make anything you need...
be it a word...number...
a perfectly coordinated patterned paper accent ...

I used the bottle caps with some
funky stamped eyes
for a project I'll show you soon...

earlier this week I showed you the pink posies Blossom Bucket pieces...

I found the photo...

here's a SIMPLE gift idea...
I just dropped it in a bezel...
instant jewelry art...




day 9...
the voice of art and
Blossom Bucket vintage bottle caps...

did these speak to you?
(LOL...that fit right in)...

I think I'm inspired to head to the studio to...

make art!
wendy

30 comments:

Janet said...

S cool! Wow--I'm loving all these new items.

Hels Sheridan said...

Corrrr, these have fair cheered me up Wendy, LOVE the stamps (the signed, sealed is sooo gonna get used tonnes) and the Blossom Bucket bellies are delish... I can see those layered on top of a rosette.... can't wait! Is it nearly April yet??? xx

Gabrielle said...

I can't believe that you've knocked out of the park again! Love the stamps and those bottle caps will be an incredible addition! Can't wait for more tomorrow though I think I might need a second job 'cos I NEED it all!

Liane Townsend said...

All your hard work definitely has paid off by creating all these delicious art pieces. So excited for you and us!

Kirsten Alicia said...

I love everything, but especially the lady & the bottle caps.

Helen said...

You told us yesterday, not to look at the bottle caps, so of course we didn't! Love that lady - what a teeny tiny waist!!

sue said...

Well since I am a St. Louis girl born and raised! I will be buying this set. Loving all the new items.

Wilma said...

Awesome! Especially the bottle caps!

Heidi Mireles said...

Exciting.

Lesley said...

The lady is gorgeous!!!! And the bottle tops rocks......so many possibilities!!!

Kathy Eddy said...

I love the stamp set and those bottle caps are going to be so fun.

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE the cute stamp set!! Love the fun embellishments!! The braclet is AWESOME!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Debby said...

This new set is amazing! Love the large receipt!

SusanK said...

The new background stamp, stamp pad and bottle caps are my faves from today. And you're still holding things back? Oh my...

Lori said...

Love the lady stamp, and the bottlecaps will be ultra cool!

salamanda said...

Beautiful fun vocal set of stamps

Cher said...

not sure who is gonna cost me more...u or Tim! wow! luv this stuff!

Vic said...

Wow, again!! LOL I'm loving everything!

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Love this new stamp set the words are defo for me ...great idea for embellishments x

Nurse Ratchet said...

You have truly created an amazing collection of goodies that I need need need!!!

Tona said...

That vintage receipt stamp is to die for!!!

Susan Leslie said...

Wendy, you amaze me with all of these wonderful products...I will be off to make more art......love all of these today!

michelle said...

Love this set . . . and bottle caps too oh my I am so happy!

Candy C said...

Your whole new line rocks! I can't wait to get my hands on some of it! <3 Candy

slbt17 said...

wonderful!
Sandra ltb

Anonymous said...

Wow ! Just caught up on the last few posts, jaw droppingly gorgeous! Sue C x

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful!!! Both the stamps and the bottle caps!!!!

nonnie said...

love the receipt stamp....

jan metcalf said...

Love the sentiments!!!

Dawn B. said...

Oh yes! They all spoke to me! :-) I so need three jobs to afford everything I must have! :-) you have totally outdone yourself on this new line!!!!