here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, January 12, 2012

more new studio 490/blossom bucket...

phew...
blogger was giving me a bad time this morning...
but I think I won...

welcome to day 4 of the new products reveal!

today's new stamp set is called...

a flair for art...

the first image and the background stamp came from a cool vintage find...

it's from a 1902 Woman's Institute book...
it appears to be a home study booklet...
*I think*...
the owner wrote her answers to the questions in it...
it's an adorable book...

take a look @ a flair for art...



the gal is so much fun...
I hate to play favorites...
but I've used her about 10 times already...
she's 4 1/2 inches tall...
and she is an art part too...
yippee...

she's great as the full stamp...
and she's perfectly sized for peeking out of windows & doors...

WHAT WINDOW? WHAT DOOR?
coming soon to a blog near you...

for the photo below, she's stamped on the coordinating art part...
then I restamped the dress onto Claudine's sticky back canvas, which I added over my clearly for art...

this allows you to add a bit of dimension...
and the clearly for art makes those skinny straps very sturdy when you cut them out...

the canvas is inked with fired brick stain,
then stamped with the polka dot border,
using jet black archival...


this time she has a marmalade dress...
again, I added the paper over clearly for art...
with Glue N Seal...

for this sample, you'll see an extra layer of trim @ the top & bottom of her dress...
and those pieces are accented with rock candy stickles...

I TOLD you I LOVE her...
this time she's sporting some polka dots, compliments of tim's retro grunge paper stash...

*do NOT pay any attention
to the large art part she is attached to*

moving on...
hooks & eyes card...
is another vintage find...
and it was made in England...
HELLO...UK friends!

her domestic skills were quite limited, but she sure knew how to shop...
this is my new motto!
it describes me perfectly...

fashion fades but style is eternal...
I like this saying used with this gal & it has huge potential for altered art...

she had a flair for fashion...
I see this used with photos of children playing dress up...
it can also be humorous too...

some considered her aloof,
but she was actually just shy...
when I first found this lady image,
that was the first thought that popped in my little brain...
I thought she looked aloof...

and here she is again...


chandlers label...
remember the stamp from the other day...
take 3 & call me in the morning?
they go together so well...

and finally...
the large Woman's Institute background stamp...

guess I'll just say that I LOVE it...LOTS!

now here's 2 more embellishments from Blossom Bucket...

the bird!

I adore him...
like all the other pieces,
he's flat on the back, but dimensional on the front...

he's simple to alter to any color you want, using alcohol inks & archival...



and the vintage telephone...

this is over the moon stinkin' cute...
it's much smaller than the stamp/art part I showed the other day...
it's 1 1/4 inch tall...
perfect for cards & ATC's...
in addition to altered art...


on the sample below, I very lightly hit the high spots with the sanding grip & added some coffee archival over them...

I'm in love with this guy...

take 3 & call me in the morning

with this cute phone...



so there you have day #4...

I'll be waiting to hear your thoughts...

for me it's time to...

make art!
wendy
ps... I heard loud & clear that you liked the mini clear resin bottle & the yellow flower...
just you wait to see what I have coming soon...

50 comments:

Cim Allen said...

OMG .. You hit the nail on the head with the domestic skills and shopping saying !! I LOVE it .. I have to have it NOW :) You rocked it on this one Wendy !!

Gabrielle said...

I love these stamps (think I wasn't supposed to spot the Eiffel Tower!!!) and that phone is lush! Am loving these sneaky peeks! Can't wait for tomorrow's!!!

SusanK said...

I like what I'm seeing! And the itty bitty telephone is so cute! I blacked my grandma's eye with one similar to it. They were very heavy.

Kade said...

Want it all! I love it! I still of course think the dudes are the coolest and that top hat is me!!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Loving the stamps...that's a given, but these embellishments are the best...the texture is amazing and the detail as well! I can't wait to have them!

Heidi said...

The bird is awesome!!!!, ok actually it all is...

Dawn B. said...

These are all absolutely fabulous!!! :-) is that an OMG! Washboard and Eiffel Tower art part I see???? Oh, so exciting!

Heidi Crowl said...

You make it so much fun to come here every day! Thank you! Fun products, can't wait to use, touch and feel!
:)

Lesley said...

Loving everything again!!! And the hook and eyes stamp....well, very British!!!

Artyjen said...

Loving the previews ;) thanks for sharing.
If I only buy one new stamp set it would have to be this if only for the housework phrase......so me or what?!!! LOL
xoxo Sioux

Hels Sheridan said...

this is an automated message from Hels' Laptop, she can't leave a comment in person because she has passed out with the excitement of seeing all these new goodies... she gasped, said she couldn't wait and then hit the deck

Seriously though Wendy..... PERFECT... seriously... PERFECT indeedily xx

Kirsten Alicia said...

Oh my. I must have the lady - she looks completely gorgeous in her red dress - & the bird & the phone... Never mind, I want them all.

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Wow..i love the new art Wendy. I knew your new pieces would be a knock out and they are.you trapped time in a jar..lol I love all of it and look forward to adding to my Wendy's collection this year.all of the pieces remind me of my childhood and has brought to mind a photo journal using them so perfect.you have created for me a ongoing project.

hugs,
susan s.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Again Imlove this selection particularly those embellishments. Love your samples. Tracy x

Anonymous said...

OMG! I MUST HAVE that bird! Amazing! I can't wait to play with him!

Helen said...

OK, so I'm skiving at work at the end of the day again....!! I love the new lady - and glad we are of use for something over here (hook and eye cards)!!! LOVE today's reveals and your art to go with them... yum yum!

Wilma said...

Wow, so beautiful but i'm totally in love with the phone. We had one like that at home!!!!

sue said...

As always everyday gets better. That phone is the cutest!!

Marilyn said...

You're killing me with all of the great art peaks! Looove that phone, and you certainly made it look so real!!!

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Oh that lady is just Devine ......and that phone....I've always wanted one similar but could never find one ....hey now I can .......love the sayings just fab fab fab too much loveliness going on ..........more please x

Gillian .... said...

Okay compose and breate ... HOLY MOLY Wendy, I nearly did pass out with all the excitement scrolling down this post! Where to start!!! The vintage Lady is inspired (loving the Eiffel Tower beside her too lol), the quotes and phrases can't get enough of them ... then the BIRD & TELEPHONE .... *THUD* oopsie pick me off the floor pleasssseee. x

Anonymous said...

I'm without words! I love it all, the lady is so fab!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Between you and Tim I'm gonna be broke.....but happy.
Love it all, but that telephone is calling me, if you'll pardon the pun.

Tona said...

Omgosh! I love that lady & all the sayings!!! That bird is to die for too.

salamanda said...

Omg the bird and the phone and the stamps ate pretty darn cool too

Diana said...

the phone!!! OMGoodness the phone!!

Nancy D. said...

Just loving all your new stuff!

Karla Anderson said...

Love the womens institute background stamp, so cool. Also that mini phone is ADORBALE. I want it all. You have outdone yourself this release.

Lori said...

Love the lady stamp! And the Art Parts look really cool! I'm seriously in love with the new Blossom Bucket pieces... AWESOME!

Mo said...

Love it all! I think we all spotted the Eiffel Tower - very exciting. Can't wait to see your embellishments in person. They too cute for words.I can't get enough of the sayings stamps. Please keep them coming.
Marjan

arneta said...

Loving everything!!!... but crushing on the phone for sure! lol

Can't wait to see more :)

~Arneta~

Marilyn C. said...

She is one sassy lady! It's not fair with you & Tim teasing us with peeks here & there! Not to wish time away but I wish it was CHA already!

Theresa said...

The stamps are great!! I love them! And the embellies?? I WANT THEM.....badly.

Nurse Ratchet said...

Love that bird!!

Art By Wanda said...

Love that bird and the phone is cute!! Another great set of stamps!!!

Debby said...

Love all of it!! I love the domestic skills stamp. Where did that saying about housework come from???

Dorothy said...

I so love that lady and that phone...???to die for!!!!!
Thank you Wendy!!!

Kathy Eddy said...

Oh what fun!!! Loving those resin pieces.

migglymax said...

Yipeeeeeeee you know us well...I have been waiting for this...a big hg and thanks...oh and the phone...it is precious! I want so many of these...you really have the pulse on your market and I love ya for it. *happy dance*

slbt17 said...

fun,fun, fun!
Sandra ltb

Karen Goulet said...

The little bird is so adorable!
Thanks for the preview Wendy!
Karen :)

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! I am LOOKING forward to all of the AMAZING creations that will be popping up all over using these new embellishments and the stamps!! Oh what fun its going to be!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Petra Idzinga said...

what a beautiful embellishments !!! Nice stamps

KatzElbows said...

I love your embellishments. Love, love, love. Want, want, want!

scrappin-scrappin said...

Loving everything I'm seeing!! Your embellishments are just to cool!! Stamps, art parts...LOVE IT ALL!! Must haves for sure!! Can't wait to see it all in person at CHA! Great job Wendy!!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

Did you mention window? Door? ;-) Oh, I so could have used that phone this week.

Lynne said...

That lady is totally awesome! You come up with the cutest words for your stamps. So much fun!

Cher said...

yep..shes cool...luving the phone and bird too!

2amscrapper said...

absolutely love everything--esp. the phone

nonnie said...

fabulous stamp set...