here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, January 20, 2012

day 10 is a...

a stampers anonymous/ Blossom Bucket bonanza...

let's get started with this
large fancy flower...

it's 2 inches & a very pretty creme color right from the package...
so you can use it, as is...
or add some alcohol inks...
(my favs are butterscotch & cloudy blue)
maybe a little archival...

it's alterable to any color you choose...
I'll show you below...


now...
be warned...

here comes MAJOR FUNKY...

you may have *noticed* that I have a *thing* for faces, eyes & glasses...

here's the first stampers anonymous stamp I ever purchased...

I found her when I first started stamping & had no clue what was going on...
or what I'd do with HER...

but I HAD to have her live with me...

she probably sat on a shelf for a year before I ever stamped her...
but being a wood mount, she was art, just sitting there...



so when I started my list of MUST DESIGN's for Blossom Bucket, I had her in mind...

which brings me to ...
the large lips!

these make me ecstatic...

they're a toned down red...
I've use them as is...
it's also fun to add some red pepper alcohol ink, for a bolder color...

or some vermillion archival for a little different red...

it's flipping fun to stamp on them too...
using archival...of course...

and add stickles for a really funky fun effect...


so, now if you go back to my original stamp release...
I designed a smaller altered version of the head...

I refer to her as the art chick...
she's on this art rules set...

that explains why we need the
mini lips...
these are the cutest little suckers...
EVER!
just 1/4 inch...
and they fit some other faces too...

how about some large stylish glasses,
perfectly sized to fit the phrenology head?


and there are some small stylish glasses to fit the art chick!
oops...forgot that photo...

but what chick wants to wear the same glasses every day?

how about some large FUNKY glasses?
sized for the phrenology head...


and of course...
small funky glasses for the little art chick...

these all look so cool when you full them with Glossy Accents...
and it's a good way to adhere them...

moving on to today's new stamp set...
this one is called

quality art...

the optometrist label...
another vintage find...
LOVED the graphics...

3 guys...
this is a twist with art parts...
only the guy on the left is an art part...
so if you need just one guy for a card, he's your man...

remember the saying from the other day
about standing out in the crowd?

perfect with this stamp too...
just layer the art part guy over the stamped image...

and their clothing allows them to work with steampunk too...

anyone can be ordinary...
I wanted this for my new business card...

I'll show you later in the post...

air mail...
a good filler stamp...
never send a naked envelope!
one little stamp is all you need...

for the record...
good for mini books/journals & cards...
it worked well for a birthday card I needed...

viewer discretion advised...
I heard an announcer on CNN say that one night & I thought it would be fun for altered art...


optical manufacturers association...
found this ad in a 1904 paper...
loved it immediately...

the giant worn striped background...
LOVE IT!
I used this again yesterday & this time I clear embossed it on an art part & used the distress stain over it...
awesome background...

here's quality art...


I wanted to show you the label, stamped on grungeboard...
and a peek @ the little art chick...


and here's the art for my new business card...


I hope you enjoyed today's post...

I'll be back on Monday with a HUGE post...
I haven't shown you any of the art parts packages yet...
plus I've got a few surprises I've not even hinted about yet...
YIPPEE!!!

have a GREAT inky weekend...

remember...
anyone can be ordinary...

BE UNIQUE...
and just
BE YOU...

when you...

make art!
wendy

35 comments:

Martha Richardson said...

Get out of town...you're killing me...this stuff ROCKS...oh my!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Loon loving the embellishments Wendy, great fun, great images and samples. Tracy x

mab822 said...

I cannot believe all the great things; each day seems to get better! Love the new embellishments...so fun.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Meant to say oooooh loving not Loon, got too excited LOL. Tracy x

Dorothy said...

It just gets better and better!

Gabrielle said...

Be still my beating heart! Love these embellishments and the art work is sublime! Fingers are itching to play with all these goodies!!!

Lesley said...

LOVE today's post!! Those lips have to be the coolest things ever!! Such fun!

Theresa said...

This is fantastic!!! My favorite release so far!!! The LIPS! The GLASSES!! I am WILD for this peek!!!!

slbt17 said...

what fun!
Sandra ltb

Candy Spiegel said...

Love your new art! She's fabulous.

Tara C. said...

New favorite-- blossom bucket!!'

Debby said...

These new parts and stamps are awesome! Anything different and funky is just fine with me! Never one to be on the cute wagon. Thanks for designing all of these new treasures!!

Kristy Hansen said...

I can't wait for all your new stuff to hit the market or LSS. Everything is beyond belief. YOu make great art! ksh

Cim Allen said...

The glasses are all a hoot ! I love them !! Happy Friday Wendy :)

ellen vargo designs said...

DUDE!!! (I know you're not a "dude", but that was the best way to convey my enthusiasm...) I LOVE THE FUNKY!!! Awesome! And that big BB flower is to DIE for... will be stocking up on them, I feel quite certain... keep the funk coming! Loving it!

Ellen xxx

Anonymous said...

Eeeeek! I'm going to go broke! You know how I feel about art chick. I met her for the first time on the cruise to Mexico, and it was love at first sight. I have her, and I have the phrenology head in two sizes, and today's goodies have me over the moon!
xoxo

Heidi said...

Love love love her and her new styles! Oh the possibilities!!! Can't wait to get my inky fingers on some of the new goodies...it'll be such fun!

SusanK said...

you-nique...that's what you are! The guy on the right looks kinda like Perry Mason. The guy on the left...Clark Gable. Hmmm...not sure who the middle one favors.

Erin Glee said...

AMAZING! You were even busier than I guessed...love everything! The detail on "Large Fancy Flower"~OoooH!

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Oh how cool love them ....so much fun to be had ..x

nonnie said...

cool dudes

salamanda said...

Lips, glasses and stamps n flowers and wow

Helen said...

Oh no, my wallet! it is crying... I love the funky stuff today, and the stamps. I had no idea about the phrenology head, where have I been! Can't wait for Monday, it sounds like it's going to be a good day... have a great weekend, making art!

Lori said...

LOL!!! These are hysterical! Just lovin' the possibilities! That flower is gorgeous. The guys on the stamp set are really cool!

Mo said...

The lips - they're going to look so cool! The glasses are perfect. Love the three guys. It's great finding stamps that are so easy to use for guys - the more the merrier. The phrenology stamp was one of my first stamps too and I've never gotten tired of it. You go, girl!

Elaine A said...

Wendy -

FABULOUS! You have outdone yourself with all the awesome embellishments! I can see those lips turned into pins for wearing.

Elaine Allen

Becky said...

oh my wondrousness. the lips are to cool...a serious swak!

Cher said...

oh just gimmie those damn lips..talk about flippin cute! and the glasses lol...oh such fun ahead..dying to get me fingers on these babies..another great set of stamps... ok I need a job...open for suggestions...or tell me where to buy the winning lottery ticket? lol...my hubby so gonna trade me in...

Marilyn C. said...

The embellishments are to die for...guess I'll need that addition to my house now to fit all the stuff you and Tim are creating. Yikes!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Oooh, how gorgeous! Love your business card art.

jan metcalf said...

Fun, fun , fun!!

Dawn said...

The art chick's glasses and lips are beautiful! You rock Wendy!
Cant wait to see them in person,
Hugs from the beach!
Dawn in SC

Bast said...

OMG these are great! Love the lips and the funky glasses! TFS

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Dawn B. said...

Just freakin' awesome!!!! So love the lips and glasses! Just can't sit still I love them so much!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! I LOVE the glasses and the lips!! What a fun idea!! THese will be SO FUN to create with!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)