here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, January 16, 2012

day 6...


hope you had a good weekend & you're ready for more show & tell...

by far, THE most popular stamp set from the last release was "sentimental art"...

that set has the vintage lace background...

I got lots of requests for more lace type stamps...
and believe me...

I wanted another too...

then came along the Blossom Bucket sewing machine...
now for sure we needed more vintage lace...

introducing...
material art...



seam binding...
we found this @ a flea market...
LOVED it immediately...

easy to cut out with a circle punch...
see that "made in France?"...

it ties in with...

what Eiffel Tower???

acquisition is half the fun...
applies to material art & art supplies...

coming soon to a blog near you...

this is a work in progress...
I like this lots for art journals...
I've use it too with Mr & Mrs Worry...

for your viewing pleasure...
good for mini books...
art journals & more...

tapepax...
stamp in any color to coordinate with your project...
simple to cut out with a circle punch...
good with the sewing theme...

lace border...
again...a vintage find...
it stamps great with awesome detail...

the giant lace background...
this was the starting point for the material art set...

it too stamps with awesome detail...

remember I showed you some $1.oo finds a few days ago?

remember this mini kraft colored book?


here it is, stamped with the lace background & vermillion archival...

i's amazing what a transformation
a little ink & a stamp can make...


and below is an art parts flower that was inked with broken china & stamped with jet black...


I also love the lace stamped over broken china stain with aquamarine archival...
that creates a more subtle background...

next I have 2 new Blossom Bucket flowers to show you...

first up is pointed petal posies...
say that 10 times!

they are another alterable...
use it as is, or add color with alcohol inks...
add distress stickles...

the raised center is easy to swipe with the archival pad to highlight just the raised area too...


and this is shocking...

pink posies...

I LOVE the detail of the flower center...


both of these can be used as flower centers, with art parts flowers or stamps...
or just add a stem for a quick card...

I also used the pink posie to make a simple piece of jewelry...

ok...

that's material art and more Blossom Bucket embellishments...

what are you thinking?

talk to me while I...

make art!
wendy

31 comments:

scrappin-scrappin said...

Awesome!! Loving the lace background stamp!!

SusanK said...

What am I thinking? That I better get a job! Sheesh, you're gonna make me poor...again! LOL Seriously, this set is really lovely and can't wait to acquisition it! lol

sue said...

Now I have a new favorite!Loving your blossom bucket emblishments too.

Theresa said...

Wendy: This is MAGNIFICENT! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lace!!! (the sayings and images are cute, too!) And that $1 book? It is FABULOUS! I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this stamp set. As for your embellies? They keep getting better and better! I can see them on so many things!!! *sigh* Good job!

Cim Allen said...

Once I saw the background stamped on the book you had me ! I wasn't sure just seeing it, but once I saw it stamped it looks awesome !! Totally love it all, awesome job Wendy !!

Elaine A said...

Wendy -

Another wonderful stamp set. Just beautiful! I have to tell you what a genius you are, your embellishments are just so out of this world! I love how dimensional they are, and how flat they are in the back. A home run in my humble opinion!!

Elaine Allen

Kathy Eddy said...

Oh, more lacy yumminess! I love it! That flower stamped with it is just gorgeous!!!

Helen said...

Oh, yes, yes yes!!! Love the stamps and mostly the embellies today! Hope my job keeps going long enough to fund some of these treasures....lol

Art By Wanda said...

I have to have the set of stamps... that background stamp is gorgeous... lace and flowers, does it get any better. And the flower bellies are gorgeous!!!!

Gabrielle said...

Oh now then missus! What are you doing to my bank balance? And I know there's more 'cos the "what Eiffel Tower" has yet to appear! Looks like I'm going to feed the family bread and jam (jelly) for months!!!

jan metcalf said...

Awesome lace!!

Heidi Mireles said...

I love EVERYTHING!

Carol said...

I do love this stamp!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! =)
I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!! =)
I will have this set FORSURE!!
I am SO EXCITED about the lace stamps and the blossom embellishments!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!
=)

Anonymous said...

Love those stamps, and the embellishments....who am I kidding? Love it all!

Dawn B. said...

Love'n these! Gotta have it! Love the background stamp and those flowers are to die for!

Hels Sheridan said...

I am thinking... I just pee'd my pants../. that lace is TO DIE FOR... I need it ... now!!!! And those BB bellies.... oooooohlalalalaaaaa..me needs those... now... too!!!! Fabbylicious 490 wendy.... tis all amazeballs!!!

yoursartfully said...

Hey Wendy, have been a bit out of the loop for a few days so I've been on catch up with all the gossip that is CHA and I have to say today's preview is my favourite so far. Right up my street, am loving the lace stamp and those flowers well, a girl can never have too many flowers!!!

Lin x

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

You certainly don't disappoint my goodness love them all wish list getting bigger by the day visions of purse getting a whole lot smaller ....oh well it's only money it can't by you love but it can buy you a whole lot of studio 490 !! X

Nurse Ratchet said...

Yup, Material Art is for me!!

michelle said...

Really you must stop you are killing my budget I keep picking a new must have every time I look!

Tona said...

LOVE those lace stamps!!! I can see my bank account shrink as I type lol.

Mo said...

I'm ready to acquisition all your previews to date. Gorgeous lace. The little book really shows it off very well. Can't wait to use it myself.You did good, Wendy.

Anonymous said...

Love me some lace & posies!

salamanda said...

Love the lace background

Debby said...

Love this set and the embellishments!

Bethan said...

That lace background is absolutely fantastic!!! WOW...thae bookcover is fabby!

Lori said...

Flowers, stamps, embellishments, oh my! LOL! Love them!

Dorothy said...

The possibilities are endless!!!
All are so very awesome!!

slbt17 said...

lovely!
Sandra ltb

nonnie said...

you had me at France....