here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

art works on day 7...

today we start with embellish your art/Blossom Bucket goodies...

one of the embellishments I am always looking for is hearts...

I took the opportunity to make some...

like everything else...

very dimensional on the front...
nice & flat on the back...

I started with beautiful red hearts...

use them as is, it's a good red...

I've also added vermillion archival ink over it, to change them up a bit...

and red pepper alcohol ink over them on another project...

want to add text or a pattern?

simply press them onto a stamp that has been inked with archival ink...
dry...
done...
10 seconds...
simple to alter...

want them a bit more worn?
LIGHTLY sand the high spots & add a bit of coffee archival to the sanded areas...
they're perfect!

but I LOVE polka dots too...
so here they are again...

it's simple to add words between the dots...
or change the color...


now suppose you want a black heart...
or a blue or green...
or a gold...

with these natural color hearts...

it's simple to change them to any color you choose...
stamp on it or not...


LOTS of possibilities to "embellish your art" with these Blossom Bucket cuties...

next up is another new stamp set...

this one is...

art works...


I LOVE LOVE LOVE the flowers...

and they are art parts too...

use them individually or layer them...
like this...

there would have been a Blossom Bucket center on this...
BUT this sample was made before they arrived...
poop...

it you look closely...

you just might see another art parts peek...
spot it?




only where the heart is, can the treasure be found...
just a sweet little saying that I like...
it also fits with the hearts above...

it's not the size of the wings, it's believing you can...
wings remain popular in the mixed media world, so this fits everywhere...
plus...
it's inspirational...

when the head, heart & hands all work together...
it is then that you can make art...

YOU make art...
YOU know this is seriously TRUE!

it takes all 3...
if one part is missing...
it's not a good arting day...

plus I got to squeeze in another...
make art!

this giant background stamp is from a cool
vintage ledger that we found @ an antique mall...

it's great for backgrounds...
duh...
or use just a portion of it on smaller arts...

so that's day 7...

hearts & art works...

thanks so much for popping in...

it's time to head back to the studio to...

make art!
wendy
ps...talk to me!

39 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love love those hearts, like you say easy to alter, great idea. Love the stamp set too. Tracy x

KatzElbows said...

I'm not a big heart person, but yours are to die for. Just beautiful. I'd like several of each please!

Lesley said...

Loving the wings saying......me want that!!!And the hearts are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love the new stamp set! The flower is beautiful. The background will be lots of fun. And the sayings are touching.

And, thanks for making Art PArts to match ... you know how I hate cutting! lol

Gabrielle said...

I have about a gazillion ideas for those hearts! I can see one with that bird from a few days ago... You are such a temptress ans I NEED that background stamp!

Helen said...

LOVING the hearts... totally loving them! The stamps are jumping straight to the top of my wish list. New art part? Is it a ruler peaking our behind the flourish?

Hels Sheridan said...

Think I just died and went to heaven..... so now I am an angel sitting on a cloud, does that mean that I get to get these quicker?? Mwhahaha... as ever Wendy, fantabulous hearts... LOVE the stamps ... and... NEED them... soon!!!!

Sarah said...

I wasn't ready for Christmas just gone - so I'll have to have another one now - -fantabulous!

ellen vargo designs said...

SCORE! Love everything in today's previews! The new AP flowers are delicious, and the BB hearts? To DIE for! I can feel the $$$ melting away already!

Art By Wanda said...

I love, love, love the flowers too!!!!! And the heart bellies... fabulous!!!!

sue said...

So far I love everything. You have out done yourself this time. I am going to need a second job.

michelle said...

Oh I love it all today the hearts the stamps the saying!

slbt17 said...

more fun! thanks for sharing.
Sandra ltb

Wilma said...

Love the hearts and love the flowers!!!!!!!!

Minxy said...

Hoping today it will let me leave a comment..
I think all the new resin embellishments are truly lush and cant wait for them to hit the shelves :D

SusanK said...

My favorite is the ledger page!

Heidi Mireles said...

FABULOUS! AS ALWAYS. :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Need them now...for Valentine's Day!!! Wonderful Wendy!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

It's not the size of the wings it's believing you can...

awesome awesom the flower the hearts

wow! wow! wow!

Must haves

Anonymous said...

I love the hearts!

Dawn said...

Wendy- the hearts are beautiful- I really like the large ledger stamp, i think that would be perfect for ATC's or card backgrounds, I can envision lots of places to use that. I cant wait to see what is next.
Hugs from the beach!
Dawn in SC

Lori said...

LOVE the new flower! That is such a cool shape. And an art part to match! Can't beat it! Love the heart embellishments, too!

Larissa Heskett said...

Yeah!! LOOKING forward to seeing ALL of these in person!! =)
LOVE the hearts and those flowers!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Mary said...

I'm loving all these new stamp sets, and I love the sayings on this one. Can't wait until they come out so I can stock up! =)

salamanda said...

Love your hearts and the ledger... Fab

Candy C said...

STOP!!! My wallet can't take anymore! :) Seriously... your new releases are so cool!! I love them. Can't wait until they are available! <3 Candy

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

More fab goodies Wendy you are simply spoiling us love the hearts x

Debby said...

Very cool! Glad there are so many heart options.

Tona said...

LOVE that stamp set. The sentiments are perfect...

Becky said...

So far I need...EVERYTHING. this is amazing stuff. can't wait to get my hands on those blossom bucket goodies!

Sherry Cheever said...

LOVE everything you've shown us so far . . . but . . . I really LOVE the new hearts!!!! So glad you are making your own embellishments now!

Kathy Eddy said...

The flowers are gorgeous, love the verses and the hearts are so cute. Lots of possibilities.

scrappin-scrappin said...

Lovin everything so far!! Those hearts are adorable and the flower stamp ohhh la la!! Love it!!

nonnie said...

love the vintage ledger...that is something I could use soooo many ways...

Anonymous said...

The new flower is gorgeous! Love the hearts too.

Dorothy said...

The stamps are wonderful! I love love love the flowers!!

Cher said...

oh wendy..u know I love hearts! and ...the stamps...wow..very nice mix of things so far...tyvm

ps..had to tell you...I just finished a charm swap where I used your hearts...omg they are so cute...even if I say so myself! TY!

Caz said...

I think this must be my favourite day so far.........hope it doesn't take an age to get all these goodies in the UK!!

My word verification is "fruckeri" hmmmmmm useful 'word'!!!

Dawn B. said...

Love, love, love, this stamp set! I'm a sucker or quotes! So gotta have it!