here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

back to basics...

long time no blog...
YIKES...so sorry...
it's been a VERY busy 5 weeks...
I've been to Florida 2 times, Ohio, Detroit, Colorado & today I'm headed to Texas to demo at 
in Arlington...

if you're in the area...
come visit...
tell me you're a BLOG FRIEND 
& I'll have a little gift for you!

OK...
about the title...
BACK TO BASICS...

heat embossing is what got me hooked on stamping 
& it still amazes me...

it's such a simple thing...
but creates a big wow factor...

I needed a few new samples for Texas, so I made these...

the first is my background stamp, clear embossed over 

the base was inked with black soot stain...
then stamped with black soot distress ink & clear embossed...

I intended to do a strictly black & white piece, but somehow 
a broken china flower & peeled paint flourishes popped in...

the large clear flower is the large "clicker cutts" & the 2 white layers are the sm & medium CFA whiteout "clicker cutts"...

any stamping on CFA is always done with archival ink
 or the paint dabbers...


below you'll see that the
 large CFA clear "clicker cutts" flower is embossed...

after I heated it & shaped it, I ran it thru the Vagabond

it flattens the flower somewhat,
ok...kind of a lot...
 but the embossing still adds an extra little element of interest...

I tapped the jet black archival pad on it to darken the raised areas...
then dried it...

the clear embossing made the background quick & easy...
just stain, stamp & emboss...
done!



and...
back to basics with tim's markers...

always stamp your art parts, using jet black archival...
the archival ink is waterproof & permanent when dry...
which allows you to use the markers & the image stays crisp...

the markers make coloring art parts so simple & FUN...
her dress is barn door & her collar is broken china...

the little phone is another Blossom Bucket favorite...


and one more sample...

the background paper for this piece is from my friend Finn...
she designed this awesome paper for 7 dots studio...

she's got lots of really cool papers...
REALLY COOL...
I'm hoarding them...lol...
but I did cut into this one...

and another that I'll use for a CHA sample...

again...back to basics 
with clear embossing the art parts small square frame...

see the black metal corner?
it's another Blossom Bucket piece...
glue it to the frame & it creates a piece of ART 
that will stand alone...

hmmm...must be sold out...
can't find the corners on the site...
sorry!



I used tim's mustard seed marker to alter 
the little Blossom Bucket bouquet...
it's cream colored, right from the package...
the markers make it simple to change the flowers
 to any color you need for your art...

I added a dot to the center of each flower

LOVE LOVE LOVE the clear resin jar...
I designed it with a slit in the back, 
so the bouquet slips right in & then everything is flat 
& can be glued down easily...


OK...that's it...
demo stuff is all packed...
now it's time to find some clothes...
and a few sandals...
like 6 pair or so...
what is it with me & shoes???

have a good week!

come see us at GASC...
I guarantee our booth will be LOADED with THE COOLEST stamps & embellishments...
EVER!

if you stop by...

I'll show you how to...
make art!
wendy
ps...if you like to read the fine print...

you can expect the peeks & teasing to begin in just a few short weeks...
let me say that these new stamps & art parts & a "new" products have been a blast to play with...

and new "clicker cutts"...OMG...
just you wait to see...
and the ___ that coordinates with the ___
TOTALLY...in love!

26 comments:

Dorothy said...

Looking forward to all the new stuff!!!
Enjoy your day!

Vic said...

Two great pieces! I'm ready for those sneak peeks!

Helen said...

We miss you when you're too busy to blog!! I love these samples though - that background looks the bees knees embossed! I just got some of your blossom bucket embellies and just need time to play with them!! Hope the weekend is fab. It's a little bit far for me to make it, and my passport is out of date too... Have fun, making art!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

oooh, can't wait to see what is coming. Glad you are having a busy good time though.

Redanne said...

Love the samples, Just got some resin jars, now I can play! Looking forward to seeing what is coming up - still hoping you might have mini wash boards in there somewhere........hope your latest event goes well.

Unknown said...

You are always such a tease! Can't wait to see you again when you visit NYC! I'm soooo excited, I've been checking their website daily to see when I can sign up! Have a great trip!

Lori said...

Love your sample pieces...I just happen to have that background stamp, and stamping and embossing with clear is a WONDERFUL idea, I love it, and will totally steal it. LOL.

SusanK said...

TEASER!!!!!! Love the new samples; I see a shopping trip in my immediate future!

Dawn B. said...

Gorgeous samples! Love the way everything seems to coordinate with some of Tim's stuff. As usual, I'd love to own it all! :-).

Annie said...

Hi Wndy.......like you I love embossing too. Both your pieces are fabulous as always. Hope you manage to relax a bit soon. crafty hugs........Annie x

Kathy Eddy said...

Wonderful stuff Wendy. I love it all!

jan metcalf said...

YOU TEASE YOU!

Tona said...

As usual, I love your projects. Lookinf forward to some sneak peeks.

sue said...

Welcome back! We missed you. I to am amazed by the embossing. Please show us more?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pieces, and now I'm in love with that resin jar. The wish list is growing, and I see in a few weeks it will expand even further!
Looking forward to seeing you in August!

Myrto said...

Looking forward to see the new stamps AND the parts AND the secret new product!

Cim Allen said...

You are one busy woman !! I love the projects and can't wait to see all the new stuff coming :) I love the resin jar with flowers. Can't wait to see you at CHA this summer !! Have fun in Texas.

Art By Wanda said...

Seems to me the teasing has started already!!!! :-))) But I love it!!! Your samples are as wonderful as always!!! Have a great time!!! So wish I could be there!!!!

Gabrielle said...

Lovely 'newsy' post with lots and lots more inspiration! Oh how I wish I live several miles closer...!

Marijane said...

Darling samples! Can't wait to see more. My fav today is the last one... I finally found Blossom Bucket embellishments at Scrapbooking Studio and among the items I got was that darling bouquet! Now I wish I had gotten that little mason jar to go with it... so cute!

Debby said...

Have a great time! Cant' wait for the shameless teasers to begin! Love the samples you posted!

Debbie K. said...

Great samples, Wendy and love, love, love the cute jar!!!

AngelicaS said...

Love the embossed background, so cool!

Teresa Woods said...

It was great seeing you at the Convention today. Thanks for coming all the way to Texas! You've inspired me, I'm headed to the art room now.

Georgie Horn said...

Thanks for sharing...stop by Nashville TN on your way home. **wink wink***

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

waiting on another order of art parts and i cannot wait to play with them..and blossom bucket parts and some refills...oh i think i should troll the mail lady
susan s.