here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

not just for the holidays...

just because their names include HOLIDAY in the title...
doesn't limit them to holiday play...

I designed these stencils, so that they can be used for any occasion...

below you'll see 
the happy holidays small layered gift box...

                       

used with the taller gift box from 




to create this super quick/completely flat birthday card...
this is a good one to go postal...

the 2 part stencils make it simple to add 2 colors...
one for the box & another for the bow...


the boxes were stenciled with forget-me-not and leaf green archival inks...

the sentiments and lace borders were stamped with jet black...
the birthday sentiment is an oldie from LCS020...it's called card art essentials...

the checkmate and stripes borders were stenciled with tree branch and you'll see add a stencil in the background, stenciled with hydrangea archival ink...

I also added stamping to just the boxes with
that I chopped into 9 mini stamps...

stamping thru the stencil is a great way to change up the boxes every time you use them...

the base is manila cardstock that was inked with my go-to favorite brushed corduroy distress...

REMEMBER...

always look at what something CAN BE..
and how it can be used in other ways when you

make art!
wendy
ps...you'll notice that the bows are not the same as the prototype stencil image...
I changed them...
hey...
that's what girls are noted for...

11 comments:

SusanK said...

Super card! Love the flatness for mailing costs but it sure doesn't look flat. Yep, time to go shopping. Again.

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the design!! The packages look amazing!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Wilma said...

Wow.....this is beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration,.....but how did you change the bows????

Vic said...

Thanks for "expanding" the possibilities!

Redanne said...

It is a beautiful card! I love the changed bows too.

Dorothy said...

So clever and gorgeous!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Great advise and so true! I love how versatile these are!!!

Kaye said...

What a wonderful card. I am definitely going to try combining the two package stamps and stencil. I can't make myself cut apart the background stamp-I'll keep trying! LOL

Jenny Marples said...

More wonderful ideas Wendy. You have the most creative imagination. Jenny x

Carol McCready said...

Great birthday card. Love the colors.

Unknown said...

I love that lace trim as a border like that. Looks like a lacy doily on a table.