here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, October 24, 2014

embossing powders on multiple surfaces...

happy weekend my friends!

here's a fun little shelf sitter I made a few weeks ago for the Collin's event in Florida...
I wanted to show that many different surfaces work great with embossing powders...

if it can take the heat, 
it CAN be embossed!

below you'll see that I've used them
 on tim's Sizzix pumpkin...
it's die cut cut from my clearly for art...
that allowed me to heat the pieces & then shape the pieces & make them more dimensional...

and

the small tattered floral flowers were cut from clearly for art blackout & embossed with 


that spider stamp inspired the remnant rub sentiment...
BRAVE is a state of mind...
I am NOT brave around real spiders...
I really HATE THEM...

did you notice the remnant rubs on 
that I added to the blossom bucket witches hat?
it's a fun way to customize ribbon...



not sure why the background paper looks so light on the next photo...
hmmm...
just ignore it please...

here's a closer look at the faux graniteware technique on the pumpkin & you can see the mini text added to the letterpress...

I LOVE the flourish stamp so much...


that's it for today...

I hope you can take some time to relax this weekend and...

make art!
wendy
ps...for those of you hunting looking for 
Glue N Seal...
the larger size jar that I use to refill the smaller...
using them together is the best value...

22 comments:

Dorothy said...

I just love this!!

Wilma said...

WOW ...... love it, just beautiful!!

Linda said...

Love this Wendy !!! I love everything Halloween !!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Wendy! Sue C x

Tona said...

This is such a fabulous project!

AngelkissesbyLinda said...

Wendy I just love your style. very awesome project!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous!! The pumpkin looks amazing!! I love all of the fabulous details!! Wow!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

SusanK said...

Details...it's all in the details! Stunning!

Helen said...

Susan is right - all in the details indeed - and I love all the details! xx

Rea' said...

It's BOO-tiful !! So cheerful fabulous details ... so much inspiration and wealth of tips ! Thanks :)

Redanne said...

The pumpkin looks so, so realistic! Love the witches hat too...

Suzan VonEssen said...

Fabulous as always! Wendy, can you recommend a source for your Blossom Bucket pcs - my two places I used to get them don't have them anymore (Simon and Eclectic)
Thanks!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Your embossing powders give this piece such a vibrant feel. LOVE the pumpkin - it looks fabulous with the embossing powder and the remnant rubs! An the way you used the remnant rubs on the linen ribbon is amazing - must try that! Thanks for sharing. I'm always SO inspired when I come here!

Belinda Basson said...

How clever of you to use the Q upside down for the O! I love the colours of the embossing powder...so bright and happy!

Sue said...

Love this! Love that so many different things can be embossed.

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Thanks for the glue tips. The vibrant powders are awesome.

Debby said...

So very cool! Yes, hope to have time to make art. I get crabby when I don't create. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathy Eddy said...

Love this one wendy! The pumpkin is so cool!

Linda said...

Gorgeous, Wendi !!! Thanks for sharing !!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I absolutely adore this Wendy! Just perfection!!!

Rea' said...

Just gorgeous... colors so yummy, the pumpkin is so pretty I can smell it :)

purplemel said...

love it and what gorgeous colours