here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, December 2, 2016

archival stenciling on fabric...

it's THE most wonderful time of the year!

once December 1st arrives,
I'm ready to kick it in high gear 
with decorating & creating little gifts...

join me over on the Ranger blog & I'll show you how simple it is to create
 custom stenciled holiday towels...

remember...
archival inks are permanent on fabric when they are dry...
another reason I LOVE my archival inks!

in addition to the samples on the Ranger blog,
I made some others that I'll be sharing on 

these really take no more than 10 minutes, from start to finish...
seriously S I M P L E!

I picked up these towels at Home Goods,
 TJ Maxx & Marshall's...
nice quality...
great prices...


Hobby Lobby also has a really nice
 set of 3 towels...
they're located in the embroidery section & they are just perfect too...
the sets come in black, red & blue...



these make nice hostess gifts & I'm sending them this year instead of cards...

here's the list of supplies I used...

archival inks...

look great too...
you'll see that combo over at Ranger...

I like that color combo 
for an untraditional holiday palette...
and it's especially fun for 
those lucky friends
who live in warm climates...

ok...

I'll meet you over at Ranger...

then we'll...

make art!
wendy











9 comments:

SusanK said...

What a lovely way to celebrate the holidays!

Craftychris said...

I have been across to see the process! It's so cool! Thank you! xxx

Redanne said...

Wow Wendy, they look fabulous - Garden Patina has just shot to the top of my 'Need it' list now. I love how the 'Merry Christmas' stencil fits perfectly too! Thanks so much for sharing... xx

Julia Aston said...

Love these Wendy! what a great idea - and wonderful holiday gift! Beautiful in all the colors you used! Julia xx

Dorothy said...

Just love these!!!

Renee M said...

Just saw this on the Ranger blog and had to pop over here to see if I could find out where you got the towels. Thanks so much for sharing all the deets--I can hardly wait to make some of these w/ your pretty archival inks!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh my goodness, Wendy, these are fabulous! You are going to make some people happy who get these instead of a Christmas card. What a totally cool idea. Thanks for all the great techniques you are sharing over at Ranger.

Hugs,
Linda

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I'm keeping a secret... Lol. I LOVE these stenciled towels and what a fabulous and unique gift... Toetse over and over over the years... Or not use it, just for decor... Lol! You are so clever and so inspiring... Thank you!!!

txcn363@yahoo.com said...

Hip! Hip! HOORAY! Our Hobby Lobby still had some of these towles left (and I got all of them :-) These will be gifts for four VERY special ladies in my family! I just fell in LOVE with this idea, Wendy...SOOO happy you shared it with us!!!