here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

no photos...so I'm not jailbird...

Ok...sad to say, I was a good girl & didn't sneak any photos @ Anthropologie...
I almost did...I REALLY wanted to...
but there were too many witnesses..
and I doubt rubber & ink are allowed in a cell...

Their decor ideas amaze me...
take for instance a HUGE display...
maybe 12 feet by 8...
hanging high above the checkout counter...
it kind of looked like a cloud & it was all the bottoms of wine glasses...edged in blue ...paint?... a huge wow...

then there was a framed quilt...sticking out of a huge frame...looked really cool too...

I made a vintage ruler frame ages ago, but their displays were made from new unfinished rulers...
dimensional flower pots...loaded with stuff for sale...very interesting indeed...

what a fun job that must be...making art on a giant scale...

NEXT...

YIPPEE...tim showed his new inks yesterday ...then the emails started here...
I got this one from Nonnie...
Happy Birthdays!!! Happy Shopping!! OK, on to inkie things....now that Tim has released the 12 new Distress colours on his blog, curious minds want to know which 2 you kept reaching for at the holiday happening!! merry christmas to all....nonnie

I IMMEDIATELY fell in love with these 2...
They are great alone, but when combined...you get an awesome smokey blue...I LOVE IT!!!

Pumice stone will coordinate with EVERYTHING!



But then Rick pointed out that I must be IN LOVE with the new red (barn door)...really?

I didn't realize it, but I used it on 3 book projects already...
it is a very cool red!!!!!!

So are these greens shown below...


And I have these 3 colors all ready for another project that's in the works...



So, the moral of the story?
You'll want them all...I'm just sayin' it like it is...


There was also this email...

as you say, tim SPILLED the beans...you should follow his lead & show us your stamps...pleeeeeeez? hey, we are your friends & won't tell a soul...

YIKES...I'm drumming my fingers and thinking...

how about a PEEK on Christmas Eve morning?

I LOVE Christmas eve as much as or possibly MORE than Christmas day...


and the last email for today...

will your new book be like the last?
will you show us how to use the new inks?
My fingers are crossed...I want MORE ideas & examples how to use the colours too! daria

Ah...the book...THANKS for asking!
it's the same format as the first...
but for this one we'll take it up a notch...
more collage...more artsy...a little more funky...
more Stampers Anonymous---ISH...

YES...I'm using the new inks for some of the projects. Some projects were done BNCA...(before new colors arrived)

I hope you're enjoying the season!

I'm headed to the studio to...
make art (with the new inks!)
wendy

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to get my hands on the pumice and that olive one. Oh, I'm sure I'll want all 12, but have always thought an olive green and a gray were missing and NEEDED!
Well, glad you didn't get arrested or anything, but maybe you could consider going to one of those spy stores and get a mini camera. You could hide it inside a GP flower pin, wear it on your lapel and snap away. I'm always thinkin'.
Eileen in NYC

Helen said...

I think all the inks look great. I like the idea of you letting us have sneak peaks of your stamps, too - but I will be away over Christmas and no access to a computer -yikes, how will I cope - no blog hopping for a WEEK. Have a really great holiday, lots of love.

2amscrapper said...

I also am always inspired by that store's displays. And I also love all of the new ink colors. Have a great holiday!

Sherry Goodloe said...

I can hardly wait for the new colors to be available for purchase!

I like Eileen's idea *hee hee*. When I want to take a photo in a store, I keep my cell phone in my hand and just act like I'm reading a text message when I take a photo. But when I take photos like that, I never post them on my blog . . . I can't afford to bail myself out of jail! LOL

Scrapthat said...

Making art with the new inks?? We WANNA SEE! :)
I'd like to see how the new colors vary from the old colors...Please please show us some examples!

Lori said...

Now, is it just the pictures or does Tumbled Glass look a lot like Broken China? The new colors do look pretty awesome, especially those greens. Can't wait to see what you did with these new inks!

Art By Wanda said...

A sneak peek on Christmas Eve would be lovely!!!!!!!!!! I knew I'd need all the new colors but you've confirmed it, lol. Have a fabulous week, Wendy!!!! My daughter is coming over and we intend to "Make Art" all day tomorrow... woohoo... can't wait!!!!

Nancy said...

I've never been in the Anthro store here - I'm going to have to check it out soon. Maybe I'll try Eileen's idea ... not! But I like how she thinks! *lol*
All of the new colors look like such fun! Then combined with your new stamps ... OH YEAH! I, too, love Christmas eve, so I'll be checkin' on you, seeing if you're naughty or nice!

Anita said...

I enjoy reading your blog. Wishing you a Merry Christmas. Thanks for all the peeks and hints.

Tona said...

Ah sure, rub it in that you get to play with Tim's new inks already lol.

slbt17 said...

you are too funny - but I agree I think the new inks will be a must .... I must say distress inks are what I use the most, and I have a lot of ink!
Sandra

Debby said...

Looking forward to the peeks. I think you have the greatest job getting to play with the new colors and products. Must be hard to keep the secrets! Merry Christmas and Happy Birthdays too.

Sandie said...

I want, need, must have each new colour!! Santa has been postponed until these come out!!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see your new stamps. New colors, new stamps, lots of shopping to do!

Maureen F. said...

I am going to admit to a little secret - I haven't stepped foot into an Anthropologie store and I am DYING to. I think I might get overwhelmed. OH goodness gracious I can't wait to have all the new ink colors and the dies. SNEAK PEEKS ROCK !!!!!

Rockin Robin Caldwell said...

Yeah...yeah...Tim "screwed" me over again. Of course, now I must explain: I just recently (within the past week) completed my distress line...just days before I found out about the new distress inks. Karma??? Nope, just another reason to have to work full time. Of course, I want all the new colors!!! And, the Die Cuts??? OMG...I have died and gont to flippin heaven. Ah...this is why I work full time. Hisses, Rockin Robin Caldwell

Kathy Eddy said...

I can't wait to get the next 12 colors. I already have all of the others and have had since each of them came out. The die-cuts are really interesting me also. Can't wait to be able to play with them and make art! Kathy Eddy

pooky said...

Wow!! You lucky gal you! Want to see what you have created!!!! Plzzzzzz....well, only a couple of more days to wait! Hope your having fun!
Merry Christmas!!!

SusanK said...

Would love to be a fly on your wall to see what you're making! Hey, maybe you need someone to come cook or clean while you're making art?!?!!? LOL Seriously, can't wait to see what's up next for you; I'm sure I'm going to want it all!

Hels Sheridan said...

Cannot wait to get my inky mits on those fab new colours...I love them all already! Am just making myself comfy, coffee in hand, cushion behind me and a hot water bottle for my feet...well, it is a long sit in until Xmas Eve morning and I CANNOT wait to see sneak peeks of your new stamps LOL...have a great day and a FAB Christmas hun...oh...and am pleased you ain't a jailbird...means I don't have to bake a cake with a file in it ROFL xx

Elaine said...

Actually I'm enjoying the anticipation of new inks, new stamps, new dies, AND a new book!!! :)

Donna said...

Tim's new color line looks very earthy!! I like that!
I will be here Christmas Eve with bells on to see a seek peek at your stamps!!

IndyCinD said...

My birthday is coming up the end of January... can you guess what I'll be begging for? New stamps? New inks? New books? Ah! I'll have to be very good between now and then to save up my brownie points! Love all your stuff - thanks for sharing!

nonnie said...

Good morning....didn't see the your new post until this am...had a marathon baking session yesterday....glad I asked what colours...my mother told me always ask...you have nothing to lose if they turn you down...ok, on to inks, I would have guessed the 2 new greens....but now that you explain the pumice stone mixing with everything, can't wait to see that! Mostly looking forward to Christmas Eve morning...can't wait for a peek at the stamps....will try to look before I go pick up the birthday cakes for my brother in law (dec 24) and my daughter (dec 25)....I'm sorta with Hels, i'd just as soon sit here and wait...I could make art and be happy....oh well, off to make some art before the work starts up again...nonnie

Unknown said...

I'm soooo jealous! I want to play with the new inks too! Looking forward to Christmas Eve morning to see your sneak peek ... wait ... that's tomorrow! Oy! Better get to the mall!

Michele K said...

Hey Wendy! WOW, loving all the new colors!!! OK, so on your rose I see some "music" images??? Would that be paper used over the grunge or perhaps a new Wendy background stamp? Just curious (an hoping)!!! Good thing we are getting rain here in dreary Illinois today or we would be snowed in over the weekend!!! lol

Darla said...

Wow....you sure are busy & certainly having fun also! So many new designs to be excited about. I look forward to seeing and purchasing MORE! How exciting for Hels to be "FRONT page coverage and well deserving ARTwork. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing Wendy & "Comment Cop"!! New year is good to us all it seems.
Darla