here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, September 24, 2010

a bit of Buffalo & a bit of art!

I had LOTS of requests for the brand name of the STUDIO shirt from my last post...

here's a photo of the label...

Michele got it @ a shop in NY...not sure where, but she said there was only one size large left after she got mine...


and here's a bit of art...

this combines my favorite art parts, LOTS of tim goodies & Ranger products too...

I was thrilled to have a little brain activity this morning & figure out this mini shelf,
using a vintage folding ruler...

cool...if I say so myself!


here's what it looks like without the art...

I'll be figuring how to hang a grouping using just these old rulers to make a mini display area...
FUN!!!



a bit more about Buffalo & my missing sister...

I NEVER EVER wear pink...
this is the only pink thing I own...

and I only bought it because it's the "life is good"...brand I like...

now the funny part is that when Sharon picked me up @ the hotel...
we were dressed alike...
we looked like the Bobsey twins...

see her in the photo below???

hers is a bit more coral-ish...
but we thought it was pretty funny...



and in the photo below, you'll see cute Michele wearing THE SHIRT!


OK...back to the art pictured above...

for your shopping convenience,
here's the products I used...

tim's idea-ology...

seasonal stickers...shipping soon
lost & found stickers...shipping soon

tim's Sizzix alterations dies...
house (I used just one house)

tim's Sizzix texture fades...
woodgrain (used on tree)

tim's Stampers Anonymous stamps...

tim's Ranger...


Ranger...
sunflower sparkle
Perfect Pearls Mist(shipping soon)


studio 490 art parts...
large square frame (shipping soon)
large scallop trim (shipping soon)
I talked with Michelle & they are SWAMPED...

studio 490 stamps...

phew...
it's amazing how much I can squeeze
on a 5 1/2 inch square base...

that's it for today...

I hope you have a GREAT weekend...
and that this bit of art has inspired YOU to have fun and...

make art!
wendy

43 comments:

Cim Allen said...

How cool is the idea to use the old ruler !! You are amazing. I love the cat .. that die is a must have :) Happy Friday Wendy !

Latrice said...

That piece is really great! I love the vintage feel and the spooky touches.

Allison said...

oooh its wickedly wonderful
AllisonX

SherrySue said...

Boodacious! Love this Wendy. I happened to pick up 2 rulers at an antique mall a couple of weeks ago. Was hoping for inspiration-so THANK YOU! See you in St Louis.

Anonymous said...

HA, Ha, Ha, ha...I just purchased a whole bunch of vintage folding rulers and was wondering "what the heck am I gonna do with all of these things?" I was having an ESP moment and didn't even know it, lol!

Tona said...

Love your project!So much detail...

Primitive Seasons said...

Just so cool Wendy! Love all the elements. Have to try that wood grain folder on my tree. Neat idea.

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great project...love the idea of the shelf.
Eileen in NYC

Hels Sheridan said...

WOW, Wendy, you just made me want to have all the new Sizzix stuff now LOL LOVE what you made - I have a few old foldy rulers with brass hinges that I bought at a boot sale for pennies... now I know what to do with them... THANK YOU again for all your AMAZING inspirations... you ROCK hun! Have a fabby weekend x

Dawnll said...

Wow this is fab, I could see it hanging on my wall...I would have to move a "few" things.
Fun idea to share.

Helen said...

Wow! that shelf is brilliant. Wonder if I can get hold of any old rulers like that... The picture is wonderful. Have a good weekend. I am off to a stamp show in London, Linda E and Lin Brown and Hels and lots of your other British friends will be there working away so its sure to be a good'un. And I will be spending too much money.... my idea of heaven!

Erika M. said...

Your art is just too cool!

Kim said...

Just brilliant, you so rock!

Debby said...

Way cool art! So hard to wait for those new things to come out!

Gloria said...

Love love love love love!! the spooky display.

rhonda nickol said...

Simply jaw dropping, I am so in awe of your talent!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Am just luvin' that, he'll really think I'm insane when I bring those rules home! thanks a lot GF, shall we say e-n-a-b-l-e-r

Larissa Heskett said...

LOL!! All I can say is that you are going to have fun with the shelf. I have some of those that I use for hangers and the shelf idea is fun. I also LOVE the scene!! How fun for Halloween, it is so AWESOME!! Than ks so much for sharing all of the fun stories I like hearing about the things that happen. Hope you have a GREAT WEEKEND!! =)
Larissa Heskett

slbt17 said...

WOW! How fun is that!
Thanks for the details.
Sandra

sue said...

Very cute! Do you think my husband would notice the ruler missing from his antique tool collection?
Sue

julie m said...

the ruler idea is truly inspired. and the halloween plaque is fantastic. it is definitely a home run in the enabling category. 35 products on a 5.5 inch square must be some kind of record. all that plus shirt will probably max out my credit card.

2amscrapper said...

absolutely love everything about this latest creation!

Unknown said...

Okay ... I neeeeeed that art right now ... send it over ... or shall I just come get it :0)

Unknown said...

Too stinkin Cute Wendy - love the way you make art!

SusanK said...

Love the spooky fun-filled frame! The few fold-up rulers I find are so darned pricey and not that old. You must be finding the good ones before I get there! LOL

Marijane said...

Your little "inchie" shelf is a genius idea only to be outdone by the darling Halloween scene! Love it!

Scrapthat said...

Ooo scary cool! TFS!

Anita said...

Stunning! All the details are amazing!

Lori said...

Wow, love this art piece, very cool! Glad Buffalo was fun, looked like it!

Sharon said...

I love all of the detail...surprised you didn't use your stamp that looks like a squash/pumpkin, though....I love the spiders and the green eyes on the cat. Just marvelous!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

And apparently your 'twin' makes art, too. It's always great to be able to share the blame - haha!

Michelle said...

Aaaaahhhmazing!!!! As usual!

Michelle said...

Aaaaahhhmazing!!!! As usual!

jill said...

I'm more than just a little amazed...love all the little details and the flower,of course!

Nancy Wethington said...

There you go again, doing something absolutely fabulous on an antique ruler. AMAZING piece of art! You are such an inspiration.

scrappin-scrappin said...

Oh, this is fabulous!! I love it!! You give us all so much inspiration!! The pics of you are great to!!

jan metcalf said...

Wicked 'measures' were taken to make this most charming art!

Liz in MO said...

OH,OH,OH,OH. . . love the ruler!!! and the art, and wow you did pack a lot onto the canvas, and it looks spectacular!!!

Kate Burroughs said...

Love the shadow box! Great use of all the items. Love it!
Aloha, kate

Etta said...

It is indeed amazing what YOU can fit in a 5 1/2" square! If anyone could, it would be you! You, too, are AMAZING!!!
This is...my kind of art!

Anonymous said...

Love the vintage folding ruler. I will be looking into using one of those. Great Ideas as always. Thanks!

Sue Bockrath

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

OUTSTANDING!!!! OH WENDY! This is friggin awesome! Thank you thank you!!

BIG HUGS From Ohio!
Heidi

Kathi said...

Eek. Fabulous. I love everything about it!