here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, September 13, 2010

Wonder Tape & WINNERS..(.edited...)

this weekend I needed to make 300 custom epoxy memo pins for my new classes...

here's the original post with the instructions...
if you don't have a clue what I'm talking about...

here's a refresher on what they look like...


I made them for this new art parts class...

first class will be THIS COMING WEEKEND @ Buffalo Stamps & Stuff in Amherst, NY...YIPPEE!




since I was making more than a few...
I needed a way to be more efficient and a way to keep the memo pins more stable on the craft sheet...

Ranger's WONDER TAPE came to the rescue...

This was a tiny idea that made a HUGE difference to the process...

If you've made the memo pins...
here a "Wonder" full tip to make this so much easier...



I followed the instructions from the original post...

but then added a strip of Wonder Tape about a half inch under the glue stick line...

the Wonder Tape is the shiny strip you see in the photo below...

you need to make sure you're working on the Non Stick Craft sheet...
the tape pulls right off & the glue stick gets cleaned up with soap & water...

Now the magic is that the memo pin is held securely in place by the tape, so there's no worry that it slips off the punched image...
and they stay straight!

I used some extra craft sheets & just paper clipped the craft sheets to a matt board so I could move them out of the way to dry...

and even though I let the pins dry on the Wonder Tape overnight, it's magic that there is NO sticky residue left on the memo pins at all...

NONE!

PERFECT!

so to put this in perspective, I made 300 memo pins in about 90 minutes...

thanks to Wonder Tape...



and this time I used some different images to fill the memo pins...

if you look @ the calendar sheet in tim's Lost & Found paper stash...
you can make LOTS with those numbers...

the other thing I used this time is Jenni Bowlin's mini bingo cards...

they're all numbers & they're perfect too!

moving on...

One of my favorite classes is now retired...
the Maya Road mini book...

and I have a few kits left...
but not enough for a class...

so I will offer them here to my blog friends...

each kit comes with everything needed to complete the 6 page mini book...

all YOU NEED to ADD is ...
the INKS, adhesive, gold paint dabber & STAMPS.

here's what it looks like completed...



each one comes with complete step by step instructions & color photos of each page & 2 complete sets of Maya Road's adorable mini chipboard alphabets...

you'll have plenty left for future play...

the cost is $50 for the kit & $5 for priority tracked shipping in the USA...
shipping for international orders is $15.00

if you're interested, shoot me an email (wbv1213@me.com)

and I'll send a PayPal request.

when they're gone...
they're gone...
Maya Road has discontinued this cutie...
to make space for new cute stuff...

EDIT...
They're all GONE...you guys sure were FAST...
19 mini book kits are headed to new homes...
THANK YOU! Have FUN making art...

On to the WINNERS part of the title..

The winner from Jenni's blog is...

Kat said...

Is'nt Wendy an insperation, her style complement your products perfectly,
you two should teem up more oftern,
Jenni your vintage buttons are just amazing,
awesome team up girls.
Kathleen

and the winner from the comments here is...

MICHELLE has left a new comment on your post "3rd happy post...":

Found your blog from link on Tim Holtz's blog. Man o man have I been missing out!!! Consider me your newest fan! Love your project & now I will be spending my weekend reading all your past entries!! Thanks for sharing your creative genius.



Posted by MICHELLE to Studio 490 at September 10, 2010 1:50 PM

CONGRATS to Michelle & KAT...
please send your shipping info & we'll get the prizes off to you...

I'm off for a quickie studio project...
got an idea for a ???...
then the kitting starts again...

stay tuned...
make art!
wendy

22 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Great tip and a fab project! TFS!

Debby said...

Congrats to the winners. Love the new project. Can you tell us again exactly what size hole punch you use for these? My half inch is too big and I think the quarter inch is too small. Guess I have to take another look. Thanks for all you do Wendy!
PS The Bears got a lucky call this week. I did not watch too much of it as I can't bear to watch them play badly!

Cim Allen said...

Congrats winner !! I love the wonder tape, it goes on any project I know I want to stay together, it's the greatest !!!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

congrats to the winners!
your project is amazing! you're so creative! thank you for sharing with us and have a great week! *hugs* steph :)

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Congratulations to the winners :-)
ooh I adore the Artist in Residence piece, fabulous!
Anne xx

SusanK said...

Super idea about the Wonder Tape! My Art Parts just arrived via the hunky guy in brown - have a few errands to run then I'm off to play in my art room!!!!! Congrats to the winners and to another Wendy fan!

Kate said...

Such dedicationmaking all those pins. They look great.

** Kate **

Tona said...

Congrats to your winners!
Thanks for the wonder tape idea. I would have been afraid that the memo pin would have stuck to the tape...forever lol.

Karen Goulet said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS!
WHAT A GREAT IDEA FOR THE MEMO PINS. I WILL HAVE TO TRY THAT!
THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION!
KAREN GOULET FROM OTTAWA, ONTARIO, CANADA

Unknown said...

Congrats to Michelle & Kat! And thanks Wendy for all your efforts and dedication helping people make art.

Erika M. said...

Congrats to the winners and fabulous tips with the memo pins!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the lucky winners, and thanks for the GREAT tip! Not that I have the need to make 300 at a clip, but good to know anyway.
Eileen in NYC

Marijane said...

Congrats to Kat & Michelle! Another really cute class project using your art parts and creative ideas. Just darling! I have been using Wonder tape for quite awhile and it's amazing for general household use as well as crafting. It's a very strong, agressive adhesive that you'll find yourself using all the time. Wow! 300 memo pins? Teaching your classes must take a huge amount of work and planning and for that we THANK YOU!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

What a fabulous art tower!

Anita said...

Stunning project! Congrats to the winners! Great tip!

Art By Wanda said...

Congrats to the winners!!! Super fab idea for the memo pins!!! And I LOVE the art parts piece!!! Way WAY cool!!! How tall is it???

TheLastOfNine said...

Wendy love your memo pins, have already made some of my own. Can't believe how cute the books are, sad they are all gone . Congrats to the lucky winners.
Gloria

Lori said...

Congrats to the winners! What lovely prizes! Zowee, that's a lot of memo pins, and thanks for the tip! That piece for class is just amazing...

redmom said...

Thanks for the great tip with the wonder tape! I made one of these pins just the other day for a project and I LOVE it!!!

Linda said...

Congratulations to the lucky winners!

Thanks for the tip! Always love your tips!

Karen said...

Another wonderful art project. I love those memo pins. Your class are going to have a great time putting all that together.
Sorry to have missed out on the album kit though.

Kat said...

Hi wendy, it's Kat here,
*****I CAN'T BELIEVE I WON******
YAY ME, I am so excited,
I comment quite a lot on blogs,but I never expect to win anything,
so I am not sure what to do next,
I have left you an email with all my details, I hope thats right,
If not please tell me what to do,
thank you for your help Kathleen